The greatest of them all...

thegreatest

Chieftain
Hey everyone, this will be my first post and first attempt at a story =) wish me luck haha!!

Also i have read a few stories on CFC so i apologize in advance if anything is not my original idea i promise it is not on purpose if there are any problems please pm me and i will change w/e the problem is. Thanks =)

So first a quick history I have played Civ since i found out about the first one back in 2000 ish but its the first time i've decided to do anything like this. Also i'm a very part time - random game player so the difficulty level won't be too hard ;)

Anyways without further adieu ...

The year is 840 a.d., one cold stormy night a group of exiled vikings meet with a clan or horsemen at first they don't understand each other but soon both groups realize that neither is looking for war. The strong willed old commander of the northern vikings speaks with the head woman of the group of horsemen:

Viking Alex: What is it that you and you're men seek woman?
Horseclan Anna: We seek a new life, one better than we have now, and you Viking?
Alex: As do we...

After many more hours of discussion and food & drink the two different clans realize they have the same goal in mind and thus they decide to leave there past and forge a new future together and so born are the Russians...

841 a.d. a child is born conceived by the two heads of the different clans his name is Ilya Bogatyr and he shall be the greatest of them all...

859 a.d. 18 years have passed and the boy has grown into a man, travelling all the while with the clan which was now one and known as the Muscovite Russians.

One brisk morning during the fall of 859: right on Ilya's birthday:

Alex&Anna: Ilya after you're done with your daily training of horseriding and fighting come back to the tent we have something we wish to discuss with you...
Ilya: Alright see you in the night...

A few hours later Ilya comes home and enters the tent:

Ilya: Hello mother, father, what is it that you wish to speak with me about?
Anna: dear we believe it is time for you to take over...
Alex: yes we think it is time we let you in on a secret we found out 18 years ago...
Ilya: ?? O_O O_o...
Anna: it all started when your father and i met, we met at a local shrine with an oracle not known to many if any outsiders, we were lucky to have found it and used the same spot to heal and stay for the night...
Alex: there your mother and I met a ...
Ilya: Who?
Anna&Alex: Well we really don't know but we shall call him Rhye aka God he has given us a special potion which will allow a select few to become almost immortal people... *hands vile to Ilya*
Ilya: How drunk are you??
Alex: shut it boy we speak the truth, now listen niether your mother nor I wish to become immortal nor could we live without each other thus we present to you the option to become an immortal and attempt to make us and our people (Russians) the greatest empire in the world, you will of course be competing with others for this empire, some who have come before you, some who will come after you, and some who will be reborn from the ashes as Rhye see's fit. You will all be leaders of the major civilizations of the world...
Anna: this is your chance, our chance, and our people's chance to be the greatest... what will you choose son? To live a normal life and perhaps achieve something or to outlive us all and empower us to be the greatest? but beware there will be challenges for you first you must never lose a city until far in the future over 1000 years... we predict this year to be somewhere around 1950 as you know our people are a prideful people thus they cannot bare the shame of losing a city to anyone...
Alex: Also you will have to conquer the east until you reach another ocean, how far it is i cannot say as i do not know but i know it is out there somewhere, this you will have to do in the next 800 years but know that the terrain is worse than it is here and you will have many a hardship taming it
Anna&Alex: Finally we wish for you to accomplish something none of us can even imagine right now and that is to reach beyond the sky... what this means we do not know, we only know that you have a bit over 1000 years to do this... If and only if you are successful at all three of these objectives can you and our people enjoy life at there rightful spot - the top -... finally son what will you do?
Ilya: I will do the best i can mother, father, thank you *drinks the entire potion in one gulp*

860 a.d. A meeting with all the peoples of the Russian clan

Anna&Alex: People here us, today we pass on our legacy to our son as you all know he will lead us into the next era, he will also participate in the legend of Rhye and move us forward. Hopefully he will successfully allow you, and your children and your children's children to enjoy a better life than we have now to rule any who oppose us and to live in the greatest pleasures of life...

Ilya: Mother, Father thank you. First and foremost my people i will do my best to uphold your will, and bring us to greatness... we shall start today and never look back...

Later on that night...

Ilya: You few who are gathered here tonight are my personal staff, you helped my parents rule our minor kingdom until now, i hope that you will help me the same way you helped them ... first let me here of our current arrangements and our current location / status's. Do remember we are searching for a permanent home for our civilization one that will stand the test of time and bring envy to any and all who put their eyes on it...

Advisors: Yes sire, if there is anything you need you can always call on us your loyal servants. As for our current location we are somewhere in between many forests, currently we have 4 settlers ready to found cities as well as three horse archers, two swordsman and two longbowmen. As we come from the west and it would be advisable to send our settlers there to try and contact our old heritage(s) and see what they have been up to in the past 50 or so years...

Ilya: Very well send all our settlers but one to the west and send the one longbowman and one swordsman after them... As for the rest of the troops we will head east and south...

To be continued with screenies and more story telling if anyone's interested =)

Top Bottom