The History of Humanity

Ouch ! That's mean ! It gets from bad to worse on your side... You had several enemies far stronger than you but managed to stay alive anyway, and then got your army destroyed when it seamed the main danger had been countered.
Anyway, I laughed soooo hard at Ahmadinejad saying "oh, leader of mighty America, please protect Iran from harm and you shall have our loyalty".

Edit : you can try this strategy, if you want... I think you're on the edge of disaster anyway. :)

I don't see how it could get any worse, so I'll try it and see how many tanks they land. :lol:

So this is what it has come to... I had hoped for a better solution.

-American President John Smith before detonating a nuke outside Washington.

Caught in a hopeless war with the Cubans, America sought any ally it could get, open boaders were signed with the Empire of Israel in order to boost relations and late gain support. As this was being negociated, the entire industrial and economic power of the American Republic was turned to recruitment of soldiers and construction of weapons of war. Scientific progress stalemated, nationalistic works inspired the populace, tax dollars went towards faster construction and recruitment. Everything was done with the single goal of winning the war.
Spoiler :

With a large Cuban army outside Vijayanagara, and American land forces too weak to do anything, it was decided that a nuclear missle was necessary. The blast would hit the already destroyed city. So the military and as many civilians as possible were evacuated. Not all got out in time. The missile detonated and destroyed the Cuban army, but it also devestated the city and countryside, filling the air with radioactive waste that would not be properly cleaned for years.
Spoiler :

Seeing that America needed time, another ICBM was launched at Khioosan, where there was a strong Cuban military presence. Nobody argued the morality if the slaughter of the civilians and soldiers, they felt that the decesion was forced upon them.
Spoiler :

Just as it seemed that America was going to make it, a new enemy emerged: the Holy Romans, with their Israeli and Congolese vassals. A huge army was landed outside Washington, which was poorly defended with only a skeleton garrison of a few thousand soldiers. Every soldier that could possibly arrive in time was brought to Washington. Many cities were emptied of their garrisons in order to protect the capital. The city entered martial law, even the citizens obtained guns and prepared to fight. When the guns ran out, some stood ready to defend their homes with bats, shovels, anything that could be used as a weapon. The President refused to be evacuated, saying that he would rather die than see the ruin of his country.
Spoiler :

In Calcutta, computer simulations of the war predicted America's defeat. The population of the city, in defiance of what they believed to be an inevitability, sent their life savings' to the government to aid in the war effort.
Spoiler :

When the Holy Roman attack came, it was fast and brutal. Thousands died. But, in the end, the American flag still flew in the capitol building. Massivce casualties had been taken on both sides, but America had won. Holy Roman forces that had withdrawn were too powerful to challenge, and not enough American soldiers remained to stop a second assault.
Spoiler :

Rather than allow the Holy Romans victory, it was decided that a nuclear missle should be detonated above the American homelands to kill the invaders. The American president was reluctant to do so, but citizens gathered outside the Capitol to demand that it be done: they would rather see their land go up in flames than be ruled by the Holy Romans. The detoination would not destroy the capital, it would be far out enough, when launched, the missile actually destroyed many of the suberbs of Washington, killing many.It is commonly believed that this extreme of nationalism saved America from a far more costly and devestating defense. It was this event that brought the war to the world's view, and negociations began in the United Nations, led by the Arawak.
Spoiler :

The financial costs of war were great, but they grew even greater when the aluminum-rich Arabian colonies started to show dissent. Rebels were bought off, and the dissent lessened. Taking advantage of America's hopeless state to profit, the Apache threatened to join the Cobans and Holy Romans in the war if America did not pay tribute: America paid.
Spoiler :

Finally unable to stand by and do nothing any longer, the international community put foward to end the Holy Roman-American war. Although worded so as to not offend the Continental Power, the treaty proposed was actually put foward by the Arawak Secretary-General to help America.
Spoiler :

The ubans had a small supply of oil: 2 sources in its colonies and one at home. Destroying one would go a long way in delaying their attack, so the spy and secrent agent leaders said.
Spoiler :

Pakistani Gurillas had been causing trouble in Arabia for some time now, although america did not care much; it had bigger problems. The Arawak, asked for American support in their campaign as a returning of the favor that the Arawak did for America in the U.N., America agreed, but warned that it could only be a diplomatic war at this point in time.
Spoiler :

In the same month, the U.N. announced that the Holy Roman-American war had to end. The only Holy Roman power to continue the war was Israel, which had broken away from the Holy Romans during the war. The Cubans were not bound by this Resolution.
Spoiler :

Since the Cubans had nuked the American army in the beginning of the war, America financed an expensive satellite on an Arawak model to shoot incoming missles. Now it was finished.

1 turn away, finished--close enough :p. There is no movie for the SDI, so I took the picture there.

Spoiler :

Seeing that they were too weak to invade a far off land that was willing to use nukes, the Israeli agreed to a peace treaty, but were only wiling to pay a small amount of money. America accepted, as this was one less enemy to fight for now.
Spoiler :

A renewed Cuban land-sea offensive threatened to overrun the American fortifications, so an ICBM was launched so it would hit the main army, the navy, and the reinforcements; all while leaving the Americans unharmed. It worked well, and the attack was repelled without a single American loss.
Spoiler :

Having a spare ICBM, and nobody else to hit with it, the American war council decided to make the war real for the Cubans... by nuking Havana. Although the leadership and government workers survived in their private bunkers, the large garrison and the civilians were not so lucky.
Spoiler :

With this, public support for the war in Cuba dropped, and a peace treaty was signed. Both sides knew this was temporary, and American military production continued, even as the core industrial cities began the construction of parts of a spaceship that would bring the resources of an entire planet under American control.
Spoiler :

Americva emerged from the Great War badly battered. Having faced many invasions, famine due to blockades, and financial troubles, it badly needed the prosparity of an interstellar empire; research was key, not all the needed technology existed yet. To keep foreign powers away, the military began a large recruitment drive, hoping to buy time until an entire planet's resources could be harvested. Nobody, not even the Arawak would be able to stop America then. It was only a matter of surviving long enough.

I'm amazed that I'm still intact! Nukes nukes and more nukes once I have enough garrison soldiers. Hopefully that will keep the AI from declaring war. :king: :nuke:

Your greatest threat now could actually come from the Arawak if they were to pass a treaty of non-proliferation at the UN... But you can always defy it.
Great story, really, you've got everything in it : diplomacy, wars, development of your nation... I'm waiting eagerly for the next update.
Afterthought 1 : The Arawak have 50 cities ? How can they manage, it's incredible !
Afterthought 2 : In this mod, the AI really manages to make amphibious assaults. That's really good because usually they don't know how to land units and make surprise attacks. Is this mod merged with the better AI mod ?

Your greatest threat now could actually come from the Arawak if they were to pass a treaty of non-proliferation at the UN... But you can always defy it.
Great story, really, you've got everything in it : diplomacy, wars, development of your nation... I'm waiting eagerly for the next update.
Afterthought 1 : The Arawak have 50 cities ? How can they manage, it's incredible !
Afterthought 2 : In this mod, the AI really manages to make amphibious assaults. That's really good because usually they don't know how to land units and make surprise attacks. Is this mod merged with the better AI mod ?

About the nukes: I doubt that they will try that, because in their wars they use many tactical nukes. Also, I tried to pass the Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty once, civilizations were constantly defying it; so I think I'm safe there. :)

1) I know, they are HUGE. I am absolutely amazed that stability, maintance, and overexpansion have not destroyed them! They probabily make enough :gold: to manage from having (at least) 2 shrines, and (I think) 2 corporations.

2) Yes.

The Zulu Dutchy, one of the nations that hated America, had Uranium, which meant nuclear weapons. Should they break away from their Apace masters, they would probabily atttack America. So their mines were destroyed in a top secret mission, repair crews were unable to ever reach the deposite to fix the mines.
Spoiler :

Recieving word that some of the Arabian holdings were contemplating revolt and revolution, the American government used some of the gold from its treasury to address most of the citizens' grievences, as well as hand out a good number of bribes.
Spoiler :

After the peace with Cuba, the Vietnamese "fought" on-but only diplomatically. Their lands were too small and too far away to affect America at all. The peace treaty was signed, and both nations went their seperate ways.
Spoiler :

In 1943, the Arabian provinces grew restless again, this time unrest was present in all the major cities. A sufficient amount of "donation" money quieted the rebels for the time being.
Spoiler :

America needed the respect of nations now more than ever, as it struggled to complete its space ship. So a small vassal state was taken: Iran. It made America seem to be a stronger nation, and provided beneficial trade deals too.
Spoiler :

Cuba had made a mistake: it offended the mighty Arawak and Apache nations: now a nearly global struggle was in motion, with the goal of defeating Cuba utterly. Americans rejoyced at seeing their ancient for destroyed.
Spoiler :

Despite being in a war, the Republic of Arawak announced that its spaceship program would continue, the American government was upset at this, but could do nothing. about it.
Spoiler :

As always, America sought the Arawak government's favor by following its foreign policy. So America declared war on the small nation of India. India's conquest would also lower the Indian nationalists in America's will to resist assimilation.
Spoiler :

Cuba had been defeated, and agreed to become a vassal state under the Apache. America decided to try to heal the rift between the nations, be establishing friendly diplomatic relations.
Spoiler :

An accidental fire in Delhi burned the theater down. Some conspiracy theorists said that ity was an Indian nationalist that was making a final attempt to resist assimilation into American culture, with the conquest of India by the Arawak.
Spoiler :

Wow, I really thought they were going for a domination: they only needed ~7% more land. For the purposes of this story, I will say any of the following:

It crashed.
There were no colonists.
Somewhere there was a technical malfunction.
It went off course.
It rebelled upon arriving, was cut off from supplies and starved.
It encountered a hostile alien poulation and was annaliated.
It went off course and landed after the later launched American one.
It was lost and nobody heard from it again.
It landed on an inhospitable planet and returned.

Either way, the Arawak abandoned their space program.

:mischief:

In July, 1953, the Arawak launched their spaceship. *Insert excuse for its failure here*
Spoiler :

Hoping to improve relations with the Holy Romans, America agreed to an open boarders agreement. America wanted no more wars, and only to focus on its space program.
Spoiler :

Iran, fearing the large empires around it, petitioned to join America directly. America refused, not wanting the extra trouble of governing the people; or the potential wars it would have to fight to keep the land. This happened multiple times, each time America refused.
Spoiler :

The Arawak government, realising that it could not directly govern all the land it had conquered from Arabia, established the Fiefdom of Japan to govern it for the Republic of Arawak.
Spoiler :

America spent huge sums of money to quickly construct 2 Dreadnought tanks. These tanks were the most powerful units ever seen, and America hoped they would deter would-be invaders.
Spoiler :

More unrest in the Arabia provinces came in 1961. Again, the government bought off the rebels: the aluminum was too valuable to lose, or risk losing by fighting the rebels. Bribes were overall cheaper.
Spoiler :

Even though America did not want wars, it refused to give in to empty threats. America's nuclear stokpile, Dreadnought tanks, and large National Guard forces would protect it.
Spoiler :

New nations still emerged at this time. America paid little attention, as they were small and America wanted to get to Alpha Centurai.
Spoiler :

As it had done in the past, America signed a defensive alliance with the Arawak for protection. The alliance was quickly voided when Iraqui rebels emerged in the Japanese vassal of the Arawak.
Spoiler :

Tired of the relentless pace of research for the spacve program, a university in Atlanta started a study of the humanities, making the students happier, as well as becoming very well-known throughout the world.
Spoiler :

The following parts have been constructed:

July, 1941: SS Docking Bay in Chicago,
July, 1944: SS Thrusters in New York,
January, 1948: SS Life Support in Seattle,
January, 1948: SS Thrusters in Washington,
January, 1949: SS Thrusters in Agra,
July, 1949: SS Stasis Chamber in Boston,
July 1959: SS Cockpit in Philadelphia,
January, 1961: SS Thrusters in New York,
January, 1962: SS Enging in Chicago,
July, 1965: SS Casting in Pataliputra,
January, 1967: SS Casting in Seattle,
January, 1967: SS Casting in Washington,
January, 1969: SS Engine in Boston,
January, 1970: SS Thrusters in Calcutta,
January, 1972 SS Casting in Chicago,
April 1973: SS Casting in New York.

We are prepared to launch. Let this day be known, April 23, 1973, that America reached out to the stars, away from this war-torn planet and its quarreling peoples.

Estimated Time of Arrival: April, 1988.

-Department of Space Exploration and Colonization Head, John Smith.
Spoiler :

It crashed I tell you! Or aliens killed them. No! They were all robots...
Spoiler :

In April, 1988, a spaceship of enormous proportions landed on American soil. The unloading crew chief found a postcard inside:
Spoiler :

He looked up, and saw row after row of assault mechs, nukes, dreadnoughts, fusion tanks, personal mechs, orbital bombers, and advanced tactical fighters. Deeper in were submarines, both nuclear and fusion powered, and litterol ships. In the huge stasis chambers were countless cyborgs, ready to operate the machines of war.

With this massive military, America conquered the world. More ships were sent out. More planets colonized. A milenium of unrivaled prosparity existed for humanity, the galaxy colonized-with Earth leading it all. Then... disaster struck.

To be continued in part 2.

The story of the colonists is continued here.

:scan: :scan: :scan: :scan: :scan: :scan: :scan: :scan: :scan: :scan:

I did not actually play past the Arawak victory, I took the screenshot and posted the end of part 1. If you want, I'll spawn ( in worldbuilder, hooray for interstellar colonies!) a huge military and conquer as much as I can before going on to part 2 in Final Frontier Plus.

EDIT: Save added. It is a zip because the save is over 2 MB, and the forum will not allow that. :crazyeye:

Attachments

• The Save.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 81
Too bad you lost in the end. Did you start your second game ?

Too bad you lost in the end. Did you start your second game ?

I haven't started the next game yet, I'm still becoming familiar with the new features in Final Frontier Plus (although I have played Final Frontier). I'll probabily start today.

Ths game really taught me a lot about Civ. I should have tried to found another religion, and gone for the pyrmids instead of stonehenge for representation. I also should have probabily invaded India earlier and maintained a larger army to discourage the AI from attacking. I think I'll do better in this next one. :)

Sorry for the late start, I'm typing the next update now. :)

Spoiler Preview :

I modded the game in 2 ways: no "global warming" it is the universe, after all... :mischief: And I reduced the Halis culture/influence penalty to -25%.

I am playing as Halis, the Halian Empire is what I renamed it, on epic speed, noble difficulty, no barbarians, no missles from space stations.

Prologue:

Once America established the first planetary colony, and recieved a huge number of machines of war from the colony's large factories, it conquered the Earth. No other nation could stand before the resources of an entire planet. And so the People's Democracy of Earth was born. For over 300 years it grew and colonized. With this, oppression of the colonies grew too. No communication, no transportation, no trading; unless there was PDE approval. Then, in January, 2302, a strange alien vessel approached the system. Devoid of inhabitants, it had a crew of one ancient, but advanced, alien computer.

The reason for this was: eons ago, before humans, there were many alien reces in the galaxy. They were advanced and had few wars. One day, over some unknown dispute, a great war of unrivaled proportions erupted. fleets destroyed fleets, ships murdered billions of inhabitants on planets. One alien race developed a weapon of total annaliation. A single, enormous ship. It traveled across the galaxy, killing every single being.

Finally, having completed its mission, it returned to its home system, but it passed through radiation clouds on the way. Its program became corrupted, from "Destroy our enemies" to "Destroy all life". The vessel killed its creators, and lurked around the galaxy, killing species for eons.

Colonies had gone dark at times. This was attributted to a failed colonization attempt due to a barren planet, not a genocidal alien ship. Then the vessel approached Earth. By now, its program had become even more distorted, it was now: destroy all star syatems (the words enemies, star syatems, and life were closely related in the aliens' language).

It approached the sun, and fired. The sun exploded, destroying the entire system. A large anomnity appeared, pulling in everything around it; more than even a black hole could. The vessel was pulled in, and crushed. Later, many smaller ships came; they too were pulled in. Then nothing came. With nothing to feed on, the annomnity dissolved and dissappeared. So ended the Earth, leaving the colonies for themselves. Most starved, a few survived.

Halis was one of the colonies that survived, due to its strong government. Immediately the leaders decided to pursue an ideology of survival to guide them in the future.
Spoiler :

In March, 2304, a comprehensive philosophy of surviving in the empty reaches of space was developed. The state, and the population, embraced it.
Spoiler :

To keep the idea of humans being the only species left in the galaxy, I will say that this (and future free colonies) are just small colonies that know that they cannot make it on their own.

Halis had found damaged destroyers in werkage left by the PDE, not having the ability to construct their own, the government took the damaged vessel and repared it as best as could be done. Even still, destroyers were impressive ships. So when one went into orbit around the Aestoria system, the small colony there begged to join Halis. Halis' leaders, hoping to create a large empire, accepted.
Spoiler :

Next, a colony that did not make it was located. Exploration parties found the secrets to technologies previously withheld from Halis.

This happened many times, I did not get a screenshot of each time.

Spoiler :

With much celebration and cheerfulness, the colony of Halipha was founded. Although it was not the first colony acquired by Halis, it was the first founded. Learning from the PDE's mistakes, the colonies were not colonies in the old sense of the word, but disperced parts of one civilization: citizens had equal rights, and were not exploited (any more than those on Halis anyway)
Spoiler :

Upon arriving at the Turnalis system, the scout ships found a colony suffering from famine, due to insufficient grain supplies as a result of a poor harvest. The scout ships used their food supplies as a means of convincing the colony to join the Halian Empire.
Spoiler :

In June, 2307, Halis met its first organized and centralized rival: the Brotherhood, led by Lukas von Reuther. Peace was made, as war would weaken both sides at this time.
Spoiler :

December, 2307, was the completion date of a large complex on Halis. It was designed to shelter the empire's people from harm should the need arise-ships would bring the citizens from other planets and systems. As a result, everybody who wanted to have a spot on the complex paid a portion of his/her income, in addition to taxes.
Spoiler :

Seeing the need for greater research abilities, the Halian government restructured itself. Such radical changes could be made easily due to its organizational capacity.
Spoiler :

In December 2308, the AstroTech corporation/government was encountered. It had a policy of knowledge, which many Halians found strange: how can one pursue knowledge if there is not enough food to last the next day?
Spoiler :

When the Halian ships arrived at the Creeste system, they found a colony in anarchy: citizens rioting, looting, and all around chaos. The ship's captain decided to step in: he sent down soldiers; with orbital support, and reestablished order, with Halis in control of course.
Spoiler :

Not willing to commit Halis to a pacafistic or traditional military policy, the government decided that light ships, like destroyers and the larger cruisers, would be sufficient to make Halis a strong military power.
Spoiler :

The distant colony of Jurani was contacted in October, 2309. The people adopted a pacafistic lifestyle. The captain of the destroyer took advantage of this, and used force to bring them into the Halian Empire. He made the excuse:
If we did not conquer them, who would? Somebody far worse I tell you.
The captain was dismissed from service, but the colony was retained.
Spoiler :

ontact was made with the New Earth and Avower colonies. Both of which desired peace; although the New Earth-ites were overly fond of money in the eyes of many Halians.
Spoiler :

Smotala was the second colony founded by Halis. Although it only had 2 colonies, Halis was a large and strong nation thanks to its use of space wrekage and taking over of smaller colonies.
Spoiler :

The Red Syndicate was encountered in January, 2311. Halis' leaders did not trust them, as they had started as a trading organization that conquered a colony. Some thought that their traders would do the same to Halis, but few took them seriously.
Spoiler :

Halis continued to grow. It could afford many new colonies due to the large amount of income taken in for the Survival Shrine. Uighan was founded in February, 2312.
Spoiler :

The colony of Paradise was contacted in August, 2312. The leader, Leonard Pritchard, was eager for peace and cooperation, and peaceful terms were established.
Spoiler :

The Office of the Auditor General was constructed in the Turnalis system, in order to act as a secondary capital in order to increase government efficiency.
Spoiler :

A mechanized workforce was also implemented, in order to increase produstion. Many were annoyed about being replaced by machines.

There is a typo, it should say +1:mad: in 6 Largest Cities, it is implemented in the cities correctly though.

Spoiler :

Halis continued to grow. New colonies brought wealth to Halis, and prosparity to its people. New colonies sprung up constantly. This time was so prosperous, that it is considered to be a golden age. The start being marked by the completion of the National Epic of Halis.
Spoiler :

Increased trade was established with the Paradise-ites. Military passage was also included in the treaty as a sign of trust.
Spoiler :

Monumental construction projects arcoss the Halian Empire displayed its brillance to the world. It was the envy of other empires.
Spoiler :

Evidence showed that The Brotherhood had colonized a system that Halis had its eye on. This was considered an outrage by the government, which had left a drone in the system claiming it for Halis. A mility responce began to be planned. The era of peace was over. Halis had a colony to take, and an empire to bring down.
Spoiler :

With this militaristic approach came the idea that Halis should expand throughout the entire wing of the galaxy. So another colony, Lessote, was founded.
Spoiler :

In September, 2316, Halis encountered The Forge, a shaky peace treaty was extablished. The Forge did not have a good first impression of Halis.
Spoiler :

September, 2316, was the beginning of the Golden Age of Halis. Much was accomplished during this time. For example, the first battleship- the USS Kanji Takeno, was completed. Named after the empire's early leader, it was to lead the fleet to victories over the empire's enemies. Towards the end of the golden age, a memorail to workers was completed. It was a popular tourist site for many years afterward.
Spoiler :

War was declared on the Brotherhood in August, 2317. The USS Kanji Takeno led the assault on the poorly defended system. The colony of Judgement was captured. Only a destroyer defended it, not even a planatary defense ship, the admiral took this as a sign of weakness, and submitted a request to take over most of the Brotherhood's empire. The request was approved, with the goal of later obtaining a client state.

Sorry about the pictures of the attack, I tried to get them to take when the ships were shooting lasers, but it didn't work.

Spoiler :

The fleet advanced, and pushed aside all defenders in the Freedom system, brining Halian leadership to millions more.
Spoiler :

War did not mean a loss of creativity; large Botanical Gardens were completed in the motala system. Greatly increasing the system's healthyness.
Spoiler :

The Phyrus system, the home system of the Brotherhood, fell to the Halian fleet in October, 2320. At this point the Brotherhood agreed to catipulate, with only one system remaining under their control. An open boarders trade deal was made, and the Brotherhood agreed to adopt various Halian ideals in its governing, including state regulated education and the ideology of Survivalism.
Spoiler :

Later, a planned econom was adopted to reduce maintance and increase happiness. Pruduction suffered, but it was balanced by the effeciency of the mechanized workers.
Spoiler :

In the deep reaches of space, where the jump lanes were vulnerable to raiding, sensor stations were constructed. This took place throughout the empire, each with a ship to both police the area and protect the station.
Spoiler :

Ever-expanding, the colony of Feelali was founded, far away from home. This showed the ghalaxy the true extent of Halian power, as even distant colonies were controlled and protected.
Spoiler :

Closer to home, the strong and annoying AstroTech had founded Dread in a system Halis laid claim to. Raul Colombo was unwilling to relinuqish control, so some more direct methods were used, for example: a high energy particle beam. This war with a stronger power led to the establishment of Halis' forst starbase, both to show Halian power and to harvest the rich uranium deposites nearby. Dread was quickly conquered, in June, 2323, too quickly for AstroTech to rush in and support ships.
Spoiler :

The first Halian carrier, loaded with bombers and fighters, was ambushed and destroyed by a stealth ship from the Red Syndicate. A cowardly way to fight. This later hurt the Halian war effort, as there was no squadrin cover for the fleet; which the carrier was going to link up with.
Spoiler :

Nethertheless, the Halian fleet made good progress, taking the colonies of the Astrotech-ites. Plans were made for an invasion of their homelands.
Spoiler :

Realising that other nations cared little for Halis' claims to systems, and not wanting to fight everyone at once, more colonists were sent out in order to establish a Halian presence on nearby systems. For example:the Tialis system in June, 2325.
Spoiler :

Profitable exchanges were made with the Brotherhood, who had learned that Halian rule was not so bad, and were fairly pleased with their place in the galaxy.
Spoiler :

More great projects were completed, the Great Foundry in Smotala boosted production considerably.
Spoiler :

The treaterous Red Syndicate had gone too far now, in addition to destroying a vital ship, they were not constructing a starbase, where Halis had just declared it was going to build one! War was declared, and the ship destroyed. Construction proceeded as planned.
Spoiler :

The update is too large, the remaining pictures are going to be in the next post.

In the old days, where humans were only on Earth, land meant power. In space, that remained the same, and land was on planets, planets in systems. So systems meant power. More colonies were established to claim more systems.
Spoiler :

Isaris was too heavily defended for the fleet to attack without squadrin support, it was decided to take a detour to Colombo, and try to catipulate the AstroTech-ites.
Spoiler :

Seeing that the Halian-AstroTech war was nearing a close, Vladmir Korovin agreed to a peace treaty in which he paid for damages done by his stealth ships.
Spoiler :

The Halian fleet was too small to defeat the heavy fortifications and massed bombers of the AstrTech homeworlds, so a retreat was called, and a treaty signed.
Spoiler :

Having learned the horrors of interstellar warfare, the Halian government established the United Planets, similar to the United nations of the Old Days. Hoping both to promote peace and prosparity, as well as gain influence among the other nations, the Halian government held elections. Surprisingly, the Avowers won, angering many Halians that thought that they, being the largest, richest, and most powerful nation, should lead.
Spoiler :

The first resolution put foward by the United Planets was one to ban the construction of the ddestructive Doomsday Missiles, which were strong enough to annailate an entire planet. It passed, and Halis favored it, such destruction had little value once the system was conquered, making it counterproductive in the long run.
Spoiler :

A breakthrough was made after researching quantum control, a mind-machine interface was quickly invented by brilliant scientists, and immidiately adapted into the fleet.
Spoiler :

The next resolution was to find a legitimate sucessor to Earth, neither Halis nor the Avowers had enough votes to win, and a stalemate ensured.
Spoiler :

The USS Kanji Takeno was refitted with superior weaponary and shielding, making it a better ship overall. Kanji Takeno was still ruling Halis at this time, though he was getting older, nearly 70! In a signle leader's lifetime, huge progress had been made.
Spoiler :

More trades were made with the Brotherhood, both sides benefitting. Halis did not trade often, as it felt that it had almost everything it needed.
Spoiler :

Again, in May, 2330, an election for Earth's sucessor was made, with the same results.
Spoiler :

The resolution for January, 2331 was the adoption of a uniform currency. This meant little, as all the nations used electronic credits, only a name had to be voted upon, it was called the Htrae, after Earth; uncreative but agreeable. Trade increased regardless.
Spoiler :

Recent research led to better engines, all light craft were outfitted with these new engines.
Spoiler :

September 2331 was the month Lu Tianqu's term as UP President ran out, Halis hoped to be elected this time sround, but lost again. Wars and a lack of aid sent to other nations earned Halis contempt, but a large and advanced fleet kept Halis safe.
Spoiler :

By now, the UP had fallen into a group of petty and squabbling representatives, arguing over past resolutions, little progress was made.
Spoiler :

More advanced technology allowed improved neural interfaces, and superior ships as a result. Because the UP was not making progress towards galatic unity, unity through force would be necessary if Project X was not sucessful.
Spoiler :

Negociations continued to stalemate, Halis began to send representatives less and less often; even though the headquarters was in a Halian system!
Spoiler :

This turned out to be a mistake. With too few representatives, not enough force was in the Halian refusal to adopt a Utopian economy. It later was decided that it was for the best, as the people were tired of competing with the relentless machines at work. Productivity fell, and commerce suffered though.
Spoiler :

The Pieces of the Astral Gate were sloely completed throughout this time. Finally they were united. The Gate was complete. The Halian population was gathered to enter it...
Spoiler :

With its super organizational skills, the Halian Empire gathered every citized to Halis. Everyone was to enter the gate. First went the civilians, then the scientists, then the soldiers; finally the government, last of all came the Halian leader, Kanji Takeno, by now an old man, he had led his people to prosparity. e placed a data chip in the palace; containing the history, then walked through to a better world.
Spoiler :

End transmission of Halian Empire and its Earthly predecessors, The History of Humanity ends
December 8, 2333.

This was one of my best games ever! :D

Spoiler :

EDIT: Here is the save.

Attachments

• The Save 2.zip
    517.2 KB · Views: 52
good job ! Are you considering starting another story soon ?

Top Bottom