The Huns found a way to break the rules... very interesting game mechanic bug

Zeusinator

Chieftain
I'm playing deity pangaea as arabia, all settings standard and no mods (wait i do have policy and promotion saving) and the huns just RAZED indonesia's 12-resource, 2-wonder capital. and yes im using correct terminology here. i imagine its some sort of malfunction between attilas raze ability and madahs unrazeable 3 cities mechanics; the only thing out of the ordinary i could describe in the war was i simply dow'd with attila cuz he was about to jump down my throat and made peace with indo before theyre cap was taken, but thats certainly common enough that i wouldnt think thats the culprit. the victory progress counts attila as controlling 2 capitals; im going to assume i cant win domination here. which is fine enough, i planned on eventual peace victory anyhow... even if i have to resort to global conquest i could always just get the diplo or score. sad about the city though, was hoping to war with attila as soon as i get my camels and that was easily the best city in the game as far as potential... good terrain, lotsa rivers, luxuries, horses & iron, resource diversity and synchronization. clearly some scripts ran completely haywire when the ai ran the calculation to terminate that beast. has this been encountered before? ive seen indonesias capital captured before, but not by the huns... perhaps the ais do actually have the option to raze it, but never do because they arent... THAT stupid? thought this was notable enough to drop this wall on yall, was wondering if maybe this was a known glitch and if i should expect further craziness in this game

Please post a screen shot showing Jakarta being razed or attach a save file. This would be a new one on me, so my first thought is that you must be mistaken. AFAIK, the only way for caps to be razed is for the human player to be using the OCC config option.

Was it original capital ol current capital? You cant raze original capital but you can raze previous

nah i aint going to all that hassle. it was definitely the original capital, 2nd city that i came across in game. it must have something to do with their UA, the effect that grants capital-like status to their 3 luxury cities. i imagine someone who knows code could look in and see if this was just a freak bug or the way it works with their capital. ill make a game with indo in it and try to raze their capital, i suppose that would give us a good idea

Top Bottom