The Ideal Starting Location

tuckerkao

King
The savegame in the zip file contains full of great writer, art and music works (2055 AD).

Extract the savegame to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\single (Gods and Kings + Brave New World required)

Attachments

• Ancient Homeland Civ.jpg
    Ancient Homeland Civ.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 784
  • Pedro II Ideal Homeland.rar
    989.9 KB · Views: 70
JESUS CHRIST

it is truly the utopian starting location o_o

wait... did you create it with world builder? :p

I guess you at least used highest possible resource settings ;)

Stupid question--but how do you already have a worker working, your warrior out exploring, etc., on turn zero?

What difficulty level is this?

I tried to extract, but I'm on a Mac and it comes up as a unix file.

Well, ideal would also include:

- Natural Wonder(s), especially Lake Victoria

- Multiple rivers

- Primarily desert tiles. Flood plains along the rivers, along with LOTS of desert hills and maybe an oasis or two (no normal plain desert tiles)

- Luxury resources would mainly be some marble and then lots of salt. Maybe some whales in the coastal tiles.

There's a lot of sugar there and right next to the mountain for the observatory.. Wheat also is good once you get a granary up and running.

Stupid question--but how do you already have a worker working, your warrior out exploring, etc., on turn zero?

What difficulty level is this?

I tried to extract, but I'm on a Mac and it comes up as a unix file.

Maybe he used the Really advanced mod?

How about this one? Not quite as good after BNW, but there's plenty of river tiles, resource tiles, a coast and a mountain. If you play the attached save, be aware that i created a very nice Petra start not too far away, one of the AIs nabbed that spot and seems determined to forward settle and covet.

Attachments

• Cheesystart.Civ5Save
    508.6 KB · Views: 35
  • riverz.Civ5Map
    73.3 KB · Views: 33
This is an amazing spot for Spain. I had to move the settler three turns first and subsequently of course had to eliminate the Dutch adjoining with their capital to the southeast, but otherwise than that: Great spot! Not convinced?

The Sri Pada gave me 500 gold to buy up land toward the Dutch, itself providing 4 food, 8 faith and 4 happiness. Then we have 4 wheat around it and one deer, making an early Granary worth it. Additionally, there are 4 Flood Plains within reach and 2 Cotton as well. Not too many Sea Resources, but at least one Fish. Quite a lot of Plains make somewhat up for only 2 Hills, and the Salt helps as well. Finally, there are 4 Grasslands.

The Food Production of this city is insane in mid-game. It hit 32 at least by the Renaissance with a surplus at that point of 38,75 Food, and I have handily settled 6 Great Prophets on the Grasslands/Flood Plains. With full Piety and of course easy access to early Desert folklore provide 2 Food, 3 Culture, 4 Gold and 8 Faith each. Production is not top-notch compared to the other ones, but I have 55 in late mid-game at least.

edit: At size 33 and after Fertilizer, the Food surplus is actually 46,5 and Faith 102. Not too shabby that!

What exactly are php files? (b7fantaix posted the save files as php up there a few posts)

How about this one? Not quite as good after BNW, but there's plenty of river tiles, resource tiles, a coast and a mountain. If you play the attached save, be aware that i created a very nice Petra start not too far away, one of the AIs nabbed that spot and seems determined to forward settle and covet.

Another world edit :(

Wheat doesn't spawn on grassland.

If the blank water tiles are oil, that would be perfect but for the tundra furs. Make it plains.

Top Bottom