The Iliad

One of the other games I'm in is shutting down from the 23rd to 25th to give everyone a chance to buy BTS and patch. ;)

One of the other games I'm in is shutting down from the 23rd to 25th to give everyone a chance to buy BTS and patch. ;)

To be fair to all the situation will be reviewed at 00:00 UTC/GMT before restarting The Iliad. Any players who do not wish a restart at that time should advise me beforehand.

I would prefer not to have The Iliad down until the 23rd and JMaltman I would ask you to request the game host in the other game you are in to upgrade sooner. Patching and upgrading Direct X, which was necessary on the server for The Iliad, is relatively easy.

Bolkonsky. ;)

And go read the patch thread on the Warlords board - some people have been experiencing issues with it depending on their specific config. Reading that first might save you a lot of frustration if you have one of the issues some are having.

Yeah, the patch has been an absolute nightmare on my machine... Had to get the latest version of DirectX 9.0c, but apparently so many people are having this problem that Microsoft's website is being flooded, because the on the site I kept getting broken links and failed downloads, finally I got the download to go, only for it to go so slow I felt like I was on a dialup connection... Hopefully it'll finish soon and work...

The Iliad is up and running again.

There are nine hours left for the present turn.

If any player has problems please advise me and the game will be stopped.

Bolkonsky. ;)

I get the following error when trying to connect

"Network socket encountered an error and was closed. Disconnected"

Any ideas?? :confused: :confused:

I get the following error when trying to connect

"Network socket encountered an error and was closed. Disconnected"

Any ideas?? :confused: :confused:

That was common in the old (unpatched) version. It occasionally pops up when you try to enter the game when somebody else is already in there playing the turn.

On the topic, I'm kinda screwed. I'm in four games where the host hasn't patched yet.

You can switch kick portuga to AI now (he said he'd be done with them on Friday), and then I'll take them over once I patch on Monday when my main game goes through the patch cycle.

That was common in the old (unpatched) version. It occasionally pops up when you try to enter the game when somebody else is already in there playing the turn.

On the topic, I'm kinda screwed. I'm in four games where the host hasn't patched yet.

Darn turn hoggers :mad: :lol:

After above issue numerous crashes lots of swearing and the occasional "If it werent broke in the first place.." quotes, I finally managed to log on and play a turn :D

Then I find out after all that Classical Hero wants his game back :rolleyes:
I'm sure I'll bump into a few of you guys again in the near future.

I've patched and played two turns.

For those of you who have not patched yet:

UPGRADE YOUR DIRECTX BY DOWNLOADING THE JUNE, 2007 VERSION FROM THE MICROSOFT WEBSITE BEFORE APPLYING THE PATCH.

Dwaarf, before you go give me an Open Borders agreement.

Hey guys so:

1. I still haven't patched, but i'm able to log and play my turns, what is up with that?

2. So is JM taking over Rome?

3. Any news from Niamor or sub?

My aim is to speed up the turns a bit ;) By pushing the slow folks

You can switch kick portuga to AI now (he said he'd be done with them on Friday), and then I'll take them over once I patch on Monday when my main game goes through the patch cycle.

I would prefer that players transfer their civs to the AI by pressing Escape and then Retire from the game. It came to my attention recently that some players were not aware of this function.

I have emailed portuga to ask him if he now wishes his Civ to be run by the AI. After two more turns, assuming no objections, JMaltman may take over from portuga.

Bolkonsky. ;)

Hey guys so:

1. I still haven't patched, but i'm able to log and play my turns, what is up with that?

2. So is JM taking over Rome?

3. Any news from Niamor or sub?

My aim is to speed up the turns a bit ;) By pushing the slow folks

Have you loaded BTS? The patches are applied with the program.

I would anticipate that JMaltman will be taking over Rome. There have been no objections so far. There are two turns to go so if any of you know any cause or just impediment why JMaltman should not take over Rome, ye are to declare it or forever hold your peace.

Niamor allowed the timer to run out for three turns and then took a turn since when he has let the timer run out for a further three turns and regrettably I have heard neither from him nor his substitute.

Regards,

Bolkonsky. ;)

Top Bottom