The Illians

Itherael

Chieftain
I love the Illians, I always have and always will. Since playing Wildmana (I only used to play regular FFH) I have found my beloved Illians to be even better.

I wanted to thank Sephi for the addition of the Frost Maidens in 7.20 they help me get a headstart for my aggressive/expansive style of gameplay I love to use with the Illians.

On that note I wanted to ask if there is a way of submitting my own leader for consideration? - I really feel that the Illians could benefit from the addition of a leader with organised or aggressive and expansive traits.

A kind of warlike leader interested in the terraforming of Erebus into a ice world and the expansion of the Illian race. Perhaps a queen :king: for Auric, she would pair well with him as he is the Defender and her the Attacker. She could be portrayed as the leader of or first of the frost maidens which would fit in well with this latest addition.

Don't get me wrong I like the Illian leaders as they stand but am not 100% comfortable with having the priests of winter as leaders of the people. I see them more as heralds for a new age of ice - working for the betterment of Illian kind but not leading them.

Anyway just my two cents. Love the mod, keep up the good work.

Are you looking to submit the idea of your new leader, or are actually wanting to create the new leader and submitting the finished work? If the former, I think you've already done it :) If the latter, finish it up and put a link to it in your post so the rest of the community can try it!

Are you looking to submit the idea of your new leader...?

I am indeed.

Name: Tansie Ulvin
Allegiance: Illians
Race: Human
Allignment: Evil
Favorite Civic: City States
Favorite Wonder: Bone Palace
Traits: Expansive
Arcane
Agnostic

I have opted for Arcane over aggressive or organised as I feel the Illians would benefit more from some diversity. I would like to use this image for the leader and have submitted a request to the artist.

I have noticed in patch 7.30 (unreleased) that one of the Illian leaders has had the expansive trait added, just wanted to let Sephi know that I'm not trying to subvert his patch with a different expansive leader. :)

I wrote a little background story but am a terrible writer, all the same I will submit it. :lol:

Spoiler :
Tansie Ulvin

Despite all logic she stood her ground, the ivory dragon towered over her - a statue.
Surveying her surroundings revealed nothing but endless plains of ice.

She slowly returned her gaze to the dragon only to find its gaze directly upon her. Snow began to fall, slowly at first then gradually becoming heavier until she could no longer see her hands as she reached out.

Despite her fear she felt compelled to wander forward through her blindness and after a while she began to wonder... why she had not struck the dragon whom only moments before was directly in front of her. Why despite the freezing air did she not feel weakened or even particularly cold?

She stopped suddenly and spoke to the wind. "...because I'm dreaming."

"Yes you are" replied the wind.

The response made her jump; she had not expected a reply.

A figure began to form in the slightly lessening snow ahead; it took several seconds before she could make out anything of what it might be, by the time the figure was at an arms length the snow had all but stopped.

It was a man... tall and powerful, resplendent in a shining suit of armour with a slightly blue hue, his large brown beard and long braids complementing his rugged looks.

He held out his hands and removed his gauntlets before offering them to her. Without hesitation she gripped them and closed her eyes as the ice began to explode around them.

She awoke with a jolt and surveyed her surroundings.

She was home; animal furs lined the walls and her mother was sitting by the fire place mending a quilt. She began to open her mouth to speak when her father barged in through the doorway.

"Illians! Hundreds of them, they have already wiped out the village down the way!"

With this her mother jumped up and began to help him in a frantic packing of all their goods. Tansie simply grinned and whispered to herself.

"My king, he comes for me."

The Illians should receive more unhealth in their cities, IMO. They are the Illians, after all...

Top Bottom