enslingkorp

Chieftain
Settings:

Spoiler :
  • Map - Continents
  • Handpicked computer opponents
  • More than normal no. of Natural Wonders

Achievements:

1. Destroy or subjugate the local barbarians before the historicl date of the fall of the Empire (476 CE)
  2. Connect all capitals by roads (leading to Rome, of course)
  3. Never dip into unhappiness

Attachments

• IAG Rome.Civ5Save
    512.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 09.42.21.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 09.42.21.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 271
476AD on standard speed is around T130, not sure if it is possible to clear a Continents map that quickly

edit: you meant on your home ground, deeeeeeeeerp

Are there any points for the achievements? Getting 1 and 3 simultaneously would be quite hard.

you meant on your home ground, deeeeeeeeerp

Yes, sorry, I relly do mean that you should conquer the capitls of everyone on your continent by that time. How you finsh the game is up to you.

Are there any points for the achievements? Getting 1 and 3 simultaneously would be quite hard.

I looked at the past IAGs and they dont seem to have points, unike the CDG.

Again, I was just keepin things goin.

OK, so the first achievement means completly conquering all the AIs on your continent, or just conquering their capitals?

It is intended that other fanatics keep things going. :)

I have played 78 turns and havent killed anyone yet, but I do know where they are. I might not get them in time.

I chose Tradition, Liberty, right side Honor.

OK, so the first achievement means completly conquering all the AIs on your continent, or just conquering their capitals?

Well, the roleplaying is "destroy or subjugate"...the Romans sometimes did both. So you can either conquer the capitals, or kill them completely. I'm opting for the latter because it might actually be easier in the long run.

Um, I had called dibs on Rome quite a while ago... I am going to post my version in a week.

I'm going to pass on this one. I just saw
Spoiler :
a Boudicca in red.
I don't like doctored maps.

Spoiler :
There are multiple boudiccas, this is why they have different colors. But the map is tampered. There is a suspicious combination of horses/sheep/cattle, stone/marble and iron around the spawn site.

I got all the achievements on this one.
Spoiler :
The game is really easy even for immortal. Did a liberty start with 4 self founded cities, forward settled the red boudicca and stole his settlers. Even got a religion with one with nature, despite having all boudiccas as opponents. Got holy warriors but used it to buy 2 CBs so it was rather useless, and i never enhanced it. I took all capitals on my continent before 476 (it was actually in 325 AD), I then proceeded to eliminate all AIs on my continent before finding the others. The original plan was to go for SV but I got bored and did a late game domination with battleships, bombers/stealth bombers and X-COM. On the other continent one AI was already missing but thanks to the EUI I was able to determine the original capital (since they were all Celtic cities it would have been quite hard otherwise). SP wise: full liberty, commerce for filler, 2 in rationalism, 3 in Order (happiness from monuments, 25% GP generation and science from factories) and finish commerce, then mix between rationalism and order with the rest. I had the WF bonus to give me a lot of SPs.

I suppose the roads achievement refers to capitals on the continent otherwise, if capitals on the 2nd continent need to be connected I am not eligible. The happiness was quite easy with fountain of youth, the lowest I was was +2 right after the first AI chose ideology and the pressure was activated but I had Protectionism lined up in 2 turns and also world ideology was up for voting and I controlled all CS on my continent plus a couple on the other, so I was safe in that regard. Other than that happiness was always at a comfortable +10 minimum.

Attachments

• 2016-02-07_00005.jpg
    2016-02-07_00005.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 2016-02-10_00002.jpg
    2016-02-10_00002.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 2016-02-10_00001.jpg
    2016-02-10_00001.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 149
No, it isn't.
Well then it's a lucky roll with
Spoiler :
2 NW very close and a lot of strategic and bunus resorces around. Having all that iron on top of all the horses mislead me to believe that part of the resources were added afterwards. Also how do you add extra natural wonders?

For anyone wondering, T134 is 475 CE.

Spoiler :
I went 2-ctiy Liberty by fear of ever dropping into negative happiness. First time, I had the luck of settling the Fountain of Youth in one of my games. I guess it makes quite a difference. The maps also has a lot of Natural Wonders. I was +10-20 happiness all early game and +50 late game. Anyway, despite gimping myself early on and being supply capped, the game was relatively easy. I tried to completely sweep the continent before 476 CE, but two cities still remained. I however took the 4th capital on T130. 'Real' Boudicca had a lot of units.

Civ5Screen0001.jpgCiv5Screen0004.jpgCiv5Screen0013.jpg

Burn, baby burn! (Disco inferno!)

You could even go full toolbag spank wagon on the AI and just go smacking crap with only your capital, only keeping capitals, and running crap like circus maximus, and/or holding down pop deliberately. I'm betting people can do it :p.

Edit: I was too slow, and ground out to a very slow SV off honor opener :p.

I missed the deadline and dipped into unhappiness. Play was suspended with 2 tiny cities left. But it was fun :)

I missed the deadline and dipped into unhappiness. Play was suspended with 2 tiny cities left. But it was fun :)

Yeah, I hadn't played SP in a while and our MP games are so easy mode, so I forgot about a few things. I tried to do chariot archer rushing on the AIs. The first two I killed pretty easily (maybe a loss or two), but the 3rd was too much a grind, I was running into swords/comp bows/pike with terrain not so favorable. Thanks to a logistics + range + level 3 both terrains chariot and some legion spam I still took that AI out but I missed the deadline. Burning cities w/o unique luxuries kept happiness ok though.

After that I was last in literacy due to honor opener + unit spam but it wasn't anything autocracy spying couldn't handle. I shouldn't have gone space, that took way too freaking long with honor/commerce and only worked because I had enough cities for 1200+ science anyway post labs while bribing fools into each other. Much better would have been spamming ships/bombers/nukes on the remaining AI or just ripping them up with spammed arty + fighter cover. I could bribe them on each other so I wouldn't have even needed a navy :/.

Top Bottom