The Immortal Alphabetical Game #8 - The Celtic heathens!

Gustavus Rex

Prince
Welcome to the immortal alphabetical game - Boudicca and the heathens!

Heathen conversion is a reformation belief available only from the piety policy tree. One single missionary can convert a horde of barbarians to join your army. The idea for this game is to take full advantage from that and conquer the world with converted heathens.

Starting position:

Achievements. (16 points total)

2 point: Build/cash-buy no combat units except Pictish Warrior! (You may upgrade converted heathens)

1 point for each AI capital conquered with converted heathens!

1 point for each AI completely wiped out with converted heathens! (Taking over a already wiped out civ counts as well.)

Good luck!

Map and settings:

Spoiler :
Tilted Axis/Pangea. Raging barbarians turned ON

Attachments

• IAG The Celts.Civ5Save
    909.8 KB · Views: 99
A small advice:

Spoiler :
Keep an extra eye on gpt and unit cap - it quickly get's out of hand! ;)

I have no idea how Heathen Conversion works so this sounds like a lot of fun :lol:

I have no idea how Heathen Conversion works so this sounds like a lot of fun :lol:

It's crazy. I have fooled around with this for quite some games. It's pretty difficult to make it work. This particular map is pretty challenging but offers some nice possibilities as well. It will be very interesting to see what people will do with it. :)

I'm gonna try it now. I'm debating between opening Honor and full Piety.

I'm gonna try it now. I'm debating between opening Honor and full Piety.

Barbarians usually don't swarm in the first 30-50 turns so I usually wait with honor opener if mixing with piety to take advantage of the two shrine bonuses asap. Also, if focus on heathen convertion instead of self made units, oracle is an easy build. :)

This is a good scenario. I wont spoil it, I'll just say I didnt get enough mass fast enough and was facing the great wall. Might try again before the next one comes out.

I'm guessing Terra Cotta is not allowed?

This is a good scenario. I wont spoil it, I'll just say I didnt get enough mass fast enough and was facing the great wall. Might try again before the next one comes out.

I'm guessing Terra Cotta is not allowed?

Great wall is no big deal for a swarm of kamikaze-units! If you find a way to afford them... Also remember that upgrading the heathens is allowed. So a early rush is not needed to make it work.

I don't think terra cotta would be very game breaking in this one so it's allowed if someone would like to go that road. Just remember you lose 2 points by building or buying a unit other then Pictish warrior.

Lol, quit turn 32 after
Spoiler :
Poland
gave me a DOF and then proceeded to forward expand me twice. That's just ridiculous in an immortal game.

What about Holy Warriors belief?

I think Holy Catapults would be nice since you cant get them from a Heathen.

Well, Poland just stole Heathen Conversion two turns before I got my Reformation belief. Guess I should just quit now?

So, is Holy Warriors / Heathen ok combo?

also, what happens when you run out of barbs as we eventually will and you advance eras? Are Pikes allowed? Swords? Trebs?

So, is Holy Warriors / Heathen ok combo?

also, what happens when you run out of barbs as we eventually will and you advance eras? Are Pikes allowed? Swords? Trebs?

Yes. Holy warriors and heathens. You most likely wont run out of barbs on this map. ;)

t51
Spoiler :
So I never read spoilers until t150 or so, but I saw the unspoiled part of the forward settle post :lol: and cranked out 2 Settler as soon as I hit pop 3. I DOW'd Poland for one measly Worker, but eventually had to make peace as my 2 Scouts, Warrior, and Worker had to dance, dance, dance to keep Poland's TWO Settlers from settling. All the while being marauded by barbs from 3 sides!

I got my 3rd city right in his grill, then DOW'd again ASAP, nabbing a Caravan and trapping a Settler and Warrior. I had made a DOF - that will stick with me all game, right? Even with no witnesses? I am unlikely to play this one out anyway, so I don't care.

He had FIVE Workers in the blink of an eye, what a crock.

I have yet to bring the fight to barbs, most kills have been city fire. :crazyeye:
Spoiler :

I've come to the conclusion that this doesn't really work. I mean, if I were to finish the game, I could probably win, but it would be a long hard slog and no fun at all.

Spoilers:

Spoiler :
I managed to beat Casimir by going Liberty for the free settler and spamming pictish warriors from my capital as soon as it hit pop 4. However, it was very time consuming to beat Poland down, and I haven't even started Piety yet. I don't think I'll finish this game. I think it's an interesting idea, but having to fight against a Poland salt start before you even get the barbarian conversions going is just too difficult for me.

Can somebody tell me how to put an image in spoiler tags? I always just attach them at the bottom of the post but I don't want to spoil it for everybody who hasn't seen the start yet.

Top Bottom