The Japanese - my new favorite country

kikkomaniac

Chieftain
Hi all, im actually GLAD regarding patch 1.20 making it much harder to do the mega city trick. I actually roined the game for myself with the mega city strategy

Therefore I turned my attention to the Japanese. With them you get. free ceromonial burial, food from sea squares, half priced roads, +1 attack for knights.

I havnt lost a game since then :)

Even the color is easy on the eyes

Anyone else who enjoy playing with them?

Cheers
Kikkomaniac

Yep they are good. Is hard to me to decide with one civilization because all are great. But yes, if you are looking for a boost for you city growing, Japan is very good.

Japan is very good. When I'm playing multiplayer, I think Japan is the Civilization I fear the most.

Hi all, im actually GLAD regarding patch 1.20 making it much harder to do the mega city trick. I actually roined the game for myself with the mega city strategy

Therefore I turned my attention to the Japanese. With them you get. free ceromonial burial, food from sea squares, half priced roads, +1 attack for knights.

I havnt lost a game since then :)

Even the color is easy on the eyes

Anyone else who enjoy playing with them?

Cheers
Kikkomaniac

I just played last night from 11pm to 3 am i didnt get any update or seen anything change regarding the mega city i even got raped by a cultural victory by the romans when i was using the arabs.

ps the mega city trick makes the game more enjoyable to me

btw the japs are good i think the greeks and chinese are better. in a teching scenario

I just played my first game with the Japanese today.

Loved it!

I played on Emperor, where I've won about 50% of the time so far.

My capital city, Kyoto, started out near the top of a peninsula, enabling me to control it from the English which were right above me. I expanded a couple cities onto this long peninsula along the coast, and was pumping out huge science research. I didn't have to worry about defending the lower two cities, so I just had them focus on tech. I was getting all the "first discovery" bonuses which helped a lot.

The English were kind of sandwiched between me and the French, with not much room to expand. I took one of her cities with an army of catapults, then used a GP to culture flip her other one, and by then I had an army of tanks to take her capital.

Soon after, I took my ninja tank army up into France, and did not take any of the smaller cities because I was afraid they would get culture flipped back to France right away (no walls on them). So I made a beeline to Paris, and with some awesome naval support from my cruiser fleet, took Paris with no problem. That enabled me to culture flip two remaining French cities, and then I used the tank army to capture the last one. With England and France out of the picture, the tech victory came easily after that. All I had to do was hold off the Indians, which was no problem with my modern infantry (with Japan's loyalty bonus).

Top 3 civs:
Japs
Germans
Spanish

So basically, i agree.

where did you come up with these 3 civs as the top 3 best??? those are definitly your opinion. I might agree with japs but there tile dependent and thats a flaw. Build a navy defeat the japs its that simple. those other 2 have no strong arguements theres just way better civs.

where did you come up with these 3 civs as the top 3 best??? those are definitly your opinion. I might agree with japs but there tile dependent and thats a flaw. Build a navy defeat the japs its that simple. those other 2 have no strong arguements theres just way better civs.

you just said thats your opinion and then went and said that there are way better civs? Yet another reason sid shouldve brough civ to consol games.

you just said thats your opinion and then went and said that there are way better civs? Yet another reason sid shouldve brough civ to consol games.

Well 1st of all he has a point...I cant see how anyone could say germans and spanish are in the top 3 unless its an opinion based statement. Although I understand what your point is, I think he has a stronger argument than Im_An_Eejit does.
Second Im' not sure I understand your 2nd statement. ???

Third I would probably put Japan in top 3 (5 at least) as well.

when i said way better civs i meant to pick from for instance romans greeks chinese english etc

Top Bottom