The Lost Battle (Deity AW)

I'm ok with the list, but then again, I'm not being picky :D

@Revent

You can't change the leader in WB, but you can edit a WB save with a text editor to change the leader. See here for more details of what you need to change.

@Revent
I could look at the saves and suggest a few of them without any tweaks if they appear good.
Or edit in Hannibal if that's what you guys want.

Alright, sooo... signing out. I quit, sorry. Now is the right time though; better early than late. Rest assured, no hard feelings are involved. I understand how difficult it is to set up a SG properly. Surely one has to fail once to succeed another time.
I signed in for a simple team game, that wouldn't last to the 1900's, nor span over 6 months.
I can see now that the game I could wish for won't happen.
I'm happy enough to comply with the decision process, with team members, with what differentiates this from a solo game. However, I do mind it if I have to make the whole decision process happen. That's included neither in my plans nor in my timetable.

Playing a SG requires a good understanding of what we're doing. A method. Inputs are gathered, considered, analysed, remembered and a decision is made. We're just not doing that.
Lost words ain't my cause. I'll be happy to lose a game in your company another time but I'll demand more solid foundations.

I'm sure this sounds a little harsh and definitive. However, I'm mostly trying to be honest, here, and you can be sure I know about relativity. However, this just can't work like that. So, if you'd like to question my decision, just have a look at what we have accomplished until now and question that instead.

@kossin, yes that would be great. Sorry, real life has got me very held up at the moment. University applications and what not were sent off a long time ago, but I've started getting interviews now which has held me lately. I'll have the saves up soon as soon as I can find some spare time.

@BiC, sorry to hear you feel that way. Your contributions will be missed. As for your frustration, it is completely understandable and I know things should be a lot better however, right now, real life is having its way with me leading to a delay in the start.

@All, my apologies for the lack of start right now. Real life issues, was not expecting any interviews at this stage with very little spacing. I do assure you though, a start SHOULD be up by Saturday though. :) Many apologies once again.

Post 125:

Finally, the game is about to start; is this an SG forum record? :crazyeye: RL can get in the way as much as it wants, but it is obvious I was not pushing the game forward as it should be going. So I do apologise for that and the game shall be moving now. :)

How I think we should do this is each player in the roster will play 15 turns of the start and at the end of 15 turns, we will continue the save that is in the best position.

My reasoning for this is that in the early game, getting a Woods II warrior can change the game a lot so with a 70% chance of winning against a scout, it should be very likely for one save to get us with a Woods II warrior :). If anyone on the team feels strongly about it, do let me know, otherwise, let's get this started, I think I've held the game up for too long!
Save is attached. :) Let's begin!!!!

Edit: Also, just to add the option of another start, we have:

(This is 4-1 and apparently a more difficult game according to kossin.). I'm fine with either.

Something bothers me with that start: no land to improve. Even if we get more workers, they'll be idle in no time.

Jungle is near.

lurker:
I am really surprised by the quality of the starts you offer... can't imagine solid session with mapfinder wouldn't find much better starts...

10 starts were proposed.

Some starts had better starting resources but the reasons why I marked them as more difficult:
-no expansion room (too close to AI)
-no islands (you'll be thankful to get those 2C traderoutes)
-no choke (AIs coming in ~4 different directions)

That being said, they are all untampered maps. If you find it too difficult to get to the ADs, then I can craft a realistic one that would be easier.

I've submitted a map to Revent... with very little editing done (3rd re-roll)... I was actually quite surprised at the map I got. (Natural shoreline)

Tested to 1AD ... so it should be beatable ;)

Here is the start. No changes anymore or anything like that. We are going to stick to this one. This game needs to start sooner rather than later. :)

Waiting to hear from Tachy and rolo now. I think each of us ought to play 12 turns and submit the save and we continue from which save looks to be best.

Attachments

• Deity AW BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    33.4 KB · Views: 326
Starting tomorrow, I'm all here.

That start is superbly HoF. Adopted that map.

Okay great.

Start:
I think SIP is a no brainer.
Move warrior 1W first though.

I'll play my start tonight hopefully. I hope to hear back from you soon Tachy and Rolo :)

Tomorrow I start playing the ultimate masochistic torture. I just looked at Dirk's game (AW3 IIRC) and that look awful. Doable for him, not sure for me.

Okay, here is what I'm thinking. Feel free to interrupt me and rip me apart Tachy and rolo ;)

SIP, Worker first. Turn 12, worker comes out, improves rice and then mines the gold. After the worker, build two warriors. City grows to size 3 on turn 23 and starts a settler on turn 24 with two improved tiles and one unimproved one.

Tech wise, I'm thinking Agri-Myst-Masonry. We SHOULD get Masonry on the beginning of turn 26. :) Obviously, here is where I probably make lots of mistakes because my grand strategy sucks.

Top Bottom