The map-creating gods are so wonderful!

Moonsinger said:
Are you implying that someone has just submitted a higher score already?
My apologies, I should have phrased my comment more carefully given my position and 'inside' knowledge:
I predict the HOF will see a higher score.

I couldn't possibly tell you what the ceiling is for a milk score, but it is over 90,000.

Moonsinger said:
It really wasn't that fast.;) If you replay my game (with CRpViewer), you probably notice that I was at war until around 1200 AD. That was about 400 years longer than Kuningas's 81K game.

1200AD dominance, on a Huge map..., on Sid... :eek:

800AD ... :cringe:

:worship:

:D

(I'm currently in 1350AD in my Emperor Milk game and at 62% territory and still one AI to prune down to a playpen)

Our conquest phase ended same time. I assume the big difference was that I started milking after conquest and you started it while in conquest phase. Also Moonsinger's massive worker merging helped a lot.

a space oddity said:
1200AD dominance, on a Huge map..., on Sid... :eek:

800AD ... :cringe:

:worship:

:D

(I'm currently in 1350AD in my Emperor Milk game and at 62% territory and still one AI to prune down to a playpen)

I think the speed is relatively based on the shape of the map. I reached the domination limit by taking Persia, Greece, Byzantine, Germany, and Sumeria (that was two out the 5 major continents and 5 out of 8 AI civs in my game). Kuningas did it a little bit faster because there was only one continent in his game. With a right type of map, I'm sure you would be able to increase your speed quite a bit.

My general war strategies is as follows:
Since I know the AI doesn't dare to attack my army at full strength, I usually send a couple army of knights or cavalries alone deep into the their territory to cut off their resources and supply lines. Just divide and conquer! Without proper resources, they can't rebuild their forces. Without proper supply routes, many of their stacks will be divided and delayed to reach the front lines. Therefore, I'm able to explode them from the inside out. Of course, the hardest part is to come up with the first few military great leaders. The second hardest part is to prebuild the Military Academy and the Heros of Epics. After that, the war on Sid won't be any tougher than other dificulty level.

Kuningas said:
Our conquest phase ended same time. I assume the big difference was that I started milking after conquest and you started it while in conquest phase. Also Moonsinger's massive worker merging helped a lot.

I do believe that your conquest went a little bit faster.;) However, most of my pops max out shortly after the conquest phase and that help a lot. Because of that I had no reason for completing the Longvity.

superslug said:
My apologies, I should have phrased my comment more carefully given my position and 'inside' knowledge:

No need to apologize!

I predict the HOF will see a higher score.
I couldn't possibly tell you what the ceiling is for a milk score, but it is over 90,000.

Yes, 90K is very possible! DaveMcW probably has already been playing on one of them as we speak.

Moonsinger said:
It wasn't easy at all! I had been traumatized over this game for many months. It took me over 4 months and over 200 hours through many sleepless nights in the attempt. The milking itself took less than 50 hours, but beating Sid required at least a hundred hours of game time and another 500 hours dreaming about it. I do mean 500 hours or more of planning for the next moves (sometimes, I did it in my sleeps). There were many nights I lay in bed thinking about what I should do next. Should I invade Persia or Greece? Should I wait for cavalry or should I launch my horseman? Should I spend all my gold to arm my knights or should I save it for future trading opportunity? There were a lot of questions and usually not enough answers! Even after I had made a decision to invade Persia before Greece, more questions needed to be answered after that. Should I invite the Greece to join my quest for Persia or should I not? Can they be trusted? While most of my troops are away from home, they could easily storm my palace with ease! What should I do to prevent that from happenning? A lot of questions need to be answered before I even actually play the game. Sometimes, I debated with myself for weeks about my next move. Looking back, I really don't know how I was able to do all that. May be it was just pure luck that the Greece didn't storm my castle or the Persian without Immortal nor they have anything better than spears and arrows.

I downloaded all the saves for this game last night and spent hours analysing them. I was severely tramautised. What an impressive game. I wish you did some writeup for it, honestly.

All I can say is that you are the one and true Civ Goddess :worship: :queen:

Thanks Drakan! I wasn't that good, I just got lucky that Persia didn't have any iron or horse. Also the Sumerian had a huge unclaimed territory...so most of the AIs were heading toward that region.

Own said:
I noticed you had Russia and America on your continent. Did you kill them before attacking another continent, or not?

IIRC, the America wasn't in my game at all.

Since I have never included America in any of my game, it probably was the Korean in blue. Believe it or not, I haven't played any Civ for many months now. Proving once and for all that I can quit if I really want to.:)

Moonsinger said:
Believe it or not, I haven't played any Civ for many months now. Proving once and for all that I can quit if I really want to.:)
Does this mean you won't be sending submissions to the next HOF? :mischief:

superslug said:
Does this mean you won't be sending submissions to the next HOF? :mischief:
Of course not, now she's proved she can quit she's allowed to play again!

Dianthus said:
Of course not, now she's proved she can quit she's allowed to play again!
Why am I suddenly remembering dogs chasing their own tails in vicious neverending circles?

superslug said:
Why am I suddenly remembering dogs chasing their own tails in vicious neverending circles?

Funny!:lol: I'm also remembering an old saying "all good times will come to an end eventually".

That wasn't intentional. Over four months ago (on February 16 to be exact), during one of those test run on MapFinder, I came across the 4562 domination limit with a cow and river at the start...To make the long story short, it's all over now after four long months. I just launched my space ship about 20 minutes ago. Here is a sneak preview of that final moment of joy:

On the off chance that I'll ever get a response to this question...

I see what you did there launching your spaceship. But, in your save you have 135 settlers near your capital. Any reason you didn't kill off Babylon in 2049 (I don't know if you would have wanted to raze or capture their cities), plant up to 512 cities to get even more tiles on that turn and more population, and throw settlers into cities to get as many citizens on that last turn that you could? How much would of a score difference had this made?

On the off chance that I'll ever get a response to this question...

I see what you did there launching your spaceship. But, in your save you have 135 settlers near your capital. Any reason you didn't kill off Babylon in 2049 (I don't know if you would have wanted to raze or capture their cities), plant up to 512 cities to get even more tiles on that turn and more population, and throw settlers into cities to get as many citizens on that last turn that you could? How much would of a score difference had this made?

Hey, we can calculate this easily: let's say, there were 2200 tiles left to grab on the map. So 2200*8=17600 points. Let's say you'll build workers in cities with entertainers and full food box, so that you only lose 1 point for lower pop in the cities that built the workers for one turn, while gaining 2 points for happy citizens for 1 turn. That makes a total of 35200 points. Divided by 540, that's 65 points in endscore.
That was a very optimistic calculation with settlers coming from nowhere.

Top Bottom