The Missing Links (C3C)

Love the mod. Anyone else playing it? Any further updates, enhancements, ect?

someone liked it so much he made a map specifically for it.
Here's the link: TML map
Haven't tried it myself. Let us know what it's like if you do.
Ciao !
AK. :cool:

I can't say I agree with the entire mod (I don't like most mods that change the rules or add new content, I guess I'm just picky that way) but I've gotta say that I really like the Trireme and Galleass units. I really believe that the Galley dominates the seas for far too long and makes early naval warfare very boring. This adds a little spice to things. Of course, things would have to be scooted around for things to fit, to make the whole continuity of things look better.

Curragh (1/1/2/Coast)
Galley (1/2/3/Coast)
Trireme (2/2/3/Coast) No bombard
Dromon (3/2/3/Coast) Replaces Trireme
Galleass (3/2/4/Coast) No bombard
Caravel (1/3/5/Sea)
Frigate (4/3/5/Ocean)
Privateer (4/2/5/Ocean)
Galleon (2/3/5/Ocean)
Man-O-War (6/4/5/Ocean) Replaces Frigate
Ironclad (8/8/4/Ocean)
Destroyer (14/10/9/Ocean)
Cruiser (17/12/8/Ocean)
Aegis Cruiser (17/13/9/Ocean)
Battleship (20/15/7/Ocean)

Any plans to change the fact that assassins can actually conquer cities? Or at least not let you or the AI steal an entire city without penalty? It's odd to get the "terrible" news about losing a city without being at war.

check the civpedia on "hidden nationality"; unfortunately this is a bug within the hard programming, and although I would like to, there's nothing I can do to change that. :sad:

Hi. 2 things:

1.Every so often, one of my saves on your mod comes up with "INVALID SAVE FILE" when I try to load it.
2.Why do the amazons have a separate settler from the others? There's no stat difference. :confused:

Hello Tboy,

As for your first problem, I'm not really sure. I don't think it's mod related, as nobody mentioned this yet. What has happened similar to this is with 3 guys playing TML3 PBEM. 1 of them also had this error message. It turned out that the problem was that someone was saving the games with C3C1.15 and the other had C3C1.22. That caused problems. Maybe that's it?

As for the Amazon Settler, nope she ain't any different from standard settlers, except the graphics. I put this graphic in on special request for CCJ39, the guy who does the website that hosts my mod.
(brilliant website, BTW, make sure you check it out www.CCJ39.com

:p
AK.

Thanks. Haven't had the error for ages, might be that I've uploaded Patch v1.22. Love the mod, by the way.

Look, there are 2 BIG problems here
1.The AI can attack and conquer cities with prophets and assassins without declaring war (maybe others, don't know yet) and the human can't! :cry: I know you said you couldn't stop this in an earlier post, but there must be a way!
2.When they can, the computer MASS PRODUCES (and I mean MASS) prophets and assassins (but strangely, not monks). It drives me MAD!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My beautiful TML3 save file for Arabia IS INVALID! :cry: UNLOADABLE! :cry:
Yes, it's happened AGAIN! :cry: I beg you to take a look at this, PLEASE!

Tboy said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My beautiful TML3 save file for Arabia IS INVALID! :cry: UNLOADABLE! :cry:
Yes, it's happened AGAIN! :cry: I beg you to take a look at this, PLEASE!

Go to Autosave dirctory and load your last game.
(how to: click LOAD GAME, go up, choose the folder Auto, enter it, choose your last turn autosave)

This way you can skip this problem, I guess...

Good idea Portugese. If it works, I will worship you!!! :thanx: :worship: :thanx: :worship:

Look I don't know why I'm putting this here, but... how do you add cities in the editor? :confused:

Hi....
Love your mod.I even like it better than the RAR mod because more is less.The RAR mod although brilliant is just way too much to get your head around.Yours is just right in my humble opinion.
All the new improvements are nicely implemented.All the graphics are finished and terrific.What a great job.

Just a couple of questions ...

In the read me there is no mention of the culture points for the wonders ?
Also I let the kids play civ and I had to shange the cannabis luxury to copper strategic and also the brothel I changed to a tavern.Will this effect your play balance at all?
If anyone wants this changed mod let me know.Nothing else has been changed though.
Also I have added some explanations bars to the wonder pics to match my current ones.

As below....

Hope you don't mind my alterations.

Well, well, well...
Didn't know this thread was still going...
I think my internetprovider blocks CFC mails as junk or so now...
Actually I haven't been on this forum in ages...
Spent a lot of time buying a house, renovating it etc... grownup stuff (yes, I really am that old :p )

@ Tboy:
1/ if I was God, I would, believe me! I don't think it's fair either...
AI's can attack and capture cities with invisible units, stupid humans can not (unless you declare war). I already asked Atari twice to do something about that, but I was kindly ignored... Try playing it online with only humans: then the same applies to all of ya.
2/ you're still like the only one who really mentions this problem... (after +4000 downloads). Where do you live? Maybe I can come and sort it out at your home :king:

@ Portuguese, thank you for all the positive comments. Always nice to hear my 220 hours of work are still appreciated ;)

@ Eva: no problem, dudess. You can change whatever you like. Nothing you changed will chnage the game balance. I know TML3 is not as "politically correct" as civ standard. BTW, the "Shock Trooper" unit originally was called "Waffen SS", created by the "SS Training Camp", but I had to change that and get rid of the SS symbols after a storm of protests on the German civ website...

Thanks all and keep playing!

'ello,

somewhere along the way, I lost the correct image for TML3 "science_industrial". As a lot of you have probably noticed, a lot of the arrows are not in the right place (final download v3.2
The first 2 versions (3.0 and 3.1) did have the correct file. Any chance someone was in the first 1000 downloads and still has a correct display of the arrows in Industrial era?
If so, can you pls attach it to this thread?
The file is called science_industrial.pcx and is in the Conquests\Scenarios\TML3\Art\Advisors folder.

Thanks for checking :goodjob:
AK.

hmmm... no reaction yet. :sad:
Could anyone reading this please check if they still have the correct science_industrial.pcx?
I would really appreciate.

Thanks.
AK.

The file is dated Feb. 20, 2004 so hope this is the one you are looking for...

BTW, nice mod! :)

Attachments

• science_industrial.zip
    488.8 KB · Views: 166
Top Bottom