The most hypothetically underpowered leader Attributes

commoner31

Chieftain
So, I have seen many threads about best/worst trait combinations for actual leaders and best hypothetical combinations ... how about the worst? What is the worst combination of traits you all can come up with?

Creative/Protective?
something/something?
yada/yada?

Creative/Protective is very powerful for defense. It can also ensure that when you expand, your cities will grow culture a lot faster and a few archers will defend it with ease.

Don't think that there really is a worst. It depends on each players style and opinions. I personally love creative and organized but some other people hate them.

I understand that. I am asking for opinions. I am trying to provoke discussion. There is always such fervent debate about the other topics I mentioned, I am wondering why this topic seems so rarely explored.

For example, you decide to tell me which you love instead which you would think is the worst.

I wonder why that is. Its a strange phenomenon. come on, opine, tell me what you think would be the the worst combination in your opinion and why. Then other people will do so, a discussion will ensue and we all may learn something.

I don't think you get it - There is no trait combo that is underpowered.

Say, Charismatic / Industrious - I just made that one up, and it has awesome advantages

I think Expansive/Charismatic is unnecessarily weak.

Um, No. That's a whipping EXTRAVAGANZA. Cheap granaries = Awesome . Extra happiness = Awesome

Like others have said, there is no weak trait combo if they are used properly. On the surface, Imperialistic/Protective would be the weakest, but the cheaper settlers can give you the edge in grabbing land, and the quicker GG's can help make much stronger units, or help you build them quicker, whilst the Protective trait will really help strengthen your defence.

Um, No, that's a crappy piece of turd combo.

Why? I reallycan't see what's so bad about it.

Charismatic=Extra happiness, cheaper unit promotions

Expansive=Cheap granaries to aid city growth, goes nicely with whipping and the extra happiness from Charismatic, cheaper workers, it might not be by much but it certainly helps, and extra health is always nice, but if your stuck arounf flood plains or jungle, or lack health resources, it's can be extremley helpful.

Um, No, that's a crappy piece of turd combo.
Constructive.

Seriously there aren't many trait/combos i hate. The one cited in the OP is Gilgamesh who is one of my favourite leaders.(UU/UB helps i suppose)

There are a number of threads on this already and normally protective comes out worst with imperialistic and creative (sometimes expansive) often cited as sub-par.

Why? I reallycan't see what's so bad about it.

Charismatic=Extra happiness, cheaper unit promotions

Expansive=Cheap granaries to aid city growth, goes nicely with whipping and the extra happiness from Charismatic, cheaper workers, it might not be by much but it certainly helps, and extra health is always nice, but if your stuck arounf flood plains or jungle, or lack health resources, it's can be extremley helpful.

Congratulations, you've managed to outline what the traits do!

So, we can do this with every trait combo, and say, wow these things are awesome! Quicker walls and more great generals? What more could you want? LOL.

Cha/Exp sucks and anyone who says otherwise is an anti-constructive fool, as the non-respectable poster above has pointed out. Whipping burns your charisma bonus, and not whipping burns your expansive bonus. That's all you need to know.

Congratulations, you've managed to outline what the traits do!

So, we can do this with every trait combo, and say, wow these things are awesome! Quicker walls and more great generals? What more could you want? LOL.

Cha/Exp sucks and anyone who says otherwise is an anti-constructive fool, as the non-respectable poster above has pointed out. Whipping burns your charisma bonus, and not whipping burns your expansive bonus. That's all you need to know.

Man... someone woke up on the wrong side of the computer this morning. Seriously, dude, calm down. We're talking about *opinions* on a **game**, for crying out loud.

Sheesh. If this is really important to somebody, mod the silly game to grant the traits, and test it out. Post a save, some screenshots, or something.

-- SJN

Imp/Pro is horrible. No useful fast buildings, fast settlers but without good economy behind it, good archers for defense, but still below par.

The only reason isn't not total trash in game is because Charlemagne has good UB and UU and starts with Mysticism as a starting tech.

ChaExp is great for anyone who has played above settler.

I hasten to point out, so that CL wont flame me, it is not Agg/cha, or such a combo. But it is a great whipper, and Washington of Aztec would be overpowered in my opinion.

But Mao Zedong's traits are total trash.

Genv [FP];7105592 said:
I don't think you get it - There is no trait combo that is underpowered.

Say, Charismatic / Industrious - I just made that one up, and it has awesome advantages

Thank you for sharing your opinion, but what you dont get is that is only what it is, an opinion. Sure every trait has advantages, but based on individuals preferences obviously some traits are far preferred over others. Some people prefer being very aggressive and doing rapid early expansion. Now say they were a civ that was philosophical/ spiritual. If I were that aggressive styled player I may say that this is the worst trait combo available based on my personal opinion. See, it isnt so hard.

Top Bottom