The Music Thread

In my opinion the Mid-East soundtracks would fit well as they are similar to what is already in (video game soundtracks).

Most of the European soundtracks are taken directly from the Medieval time, so I am not sure if the third music would go along with what is already there. But I wouldn't mind either way.
True there are actually many soundtracks already in it, but I also wouldn't mind if there are more included.

These are also some good soundtracks. It will work well with islamic or ancient Egypt/Mesopotamian civs

I would also love to see more ancient Mesopotamian, Rome, Greeks, Egypt style theme during the ancient and classical era

True there are actually many soundtracks already in it, but I also wouldn't mind if there are more included.

These are also some good soundtracks. It will work well with islamic or ancient Egypt/Mesopotamian civs

I would also love to see more ancient Mesopotamian, Rome, Greeks, Egypt style theme during the ancient and classical era

I am actually making a folder to upload as a pull request, but most of it is strictly (or near strictly) authentic and not like film music. I don't want to tell others what to do but in my music proposals I try to find music from real fragments or at least from historical instruments in most cases.

For example, more like this

I would actually prefer more music that sounds like the current Classical era soundtrack.

I would actually prefer more music that sounds like the current Classical era soundtrack.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your posts in prior years then.

I am a little surprised given that most of the music is music history and it seems an Indian Jones exception is being made here :crazyeye:. I also think there could be some cross-overs. Does this go for the Asian soundtracks as well?

Why exception? Historical soundtracks begin in the Medieval period, that has always been the case.

Why exception? Historical soundtracks begin in the Medieval period, that has always been the case.
Are we talking Rhyes here or original civ? The 'Ancient' soundtrack sounded like an attempt to replicate real music and that each era would show an advancement of music theory/use of instruments and so forth. There were huge changes on the course from stone to metal instruments. It seems the 'classical' era just skips over this.

I'm also not entirely sure if the two always have to be mutually exclusive.

There is no difference between the two. Nothing you say contradicts the fact that historical music only starts to feature in the medieval era and the earlier eras are using pieces specifically composed for the game.

As far as Asian music goes, I think guqin pieces are the most fitting as soundtrack, because they are generally unobtrusive and usually euharmonic even to western ears.

There is no difference between the two. Nothing you say contradicts the fact that historical music only starts to feature in the medieval era and the earlier eras are using pieces specifically composed for the game.

As far as Asian music goes, I think guqin pieces are the most fitting as soundtrack, because they are generally unobtrusive and usually euharmonic even to western ears.
I can definitely get some guqin pieces. How would Persian flutes go for the classical era?

What do you think of these? They might fit more for the Greeks, Romans and classical era Byzantines

I also really like Civ6s Trajan theme it might suit for the classical era if you play as Rome or Greece.

Also some Mesoamerican soundtracks before they converted to a state religion?

Well technically the medieval music in base civ 4 isn't entirely historical either. Most of the choir music used actually was composed during the Renaissance and not the Middle Ages. So it was most likely just used because church/choir music sounds like our own Hollywood definition of what Medieval music sounded like. Gregorian chants on the other hand, now that's Medieval.

I have uploaded an Asian, Classical and African proposal as pull requests!

Can you please link the corresponding music in the pull request?

Somewhere. You can also post the music here and link to the PR. I just need to know the connection.

Somewhere. You can also post the music here and link to the PR. I just need to know the connection.
I thought the mp3s would be in the pull request.
Anyway, Ill start compiling the links

EAST ASIA:
https://github.com/dguenms/Dawn-of-Civilization/pull/348/files
Is there a way to put the link, without the video showing? It will be way too much.
Here are the names:

Tank Drum
Korean gayageum

Vietnam

Japanese Assortment

Chinese Guqin

Last edited:
No, what I meant was. Please link to a place where I can listen to the audio so I can make a decision whether to include it.

Top Bottom