The New Divine Intervention

Mosher

Mushroom dad
Hey all. Recently, an old thread was bumped, called Divine Intervention V; you've all probably seen it. I was curious and read through it, and though it was a good idea. There aren't any new ones (besides a half complete one that ended months ago) and I was bored, so I decided to create a new Divine Intervention.

Here's the idea: I, as Darius of Persia, will play 50 turns. Then you guys, the gods, will "intervene" - basically, screw around in worldbuilder, make things harder, easier, whatever. I can reject any map that I deem to apocalyptic (for instance, if you destroyed the continent I was on and made all my cities islands, or made barbarians capture all my cities but my capital).

Here are the Commandments of Deityhood, copy & pasted from Divine Intervention V's OP.

I.Thou shalt announce your intentions.
--(Be sure to "got it" so we don't run into continuim errors. We reserve the right to ignore not announced updates)

II. Thou shalt not Intervene if you were the last deity to intervene, and thou shalt only intervene once per waking
--(You may only intervene once per my update, and you must wait for another God to intervene before intervening again.)

III. Thou shalt not reveal the secrets of knowledge or the heavens to mortals.
--(No units or techs should be revealed to any civilization if they are not in the current or previous era of the player)

IV. Thou shalt not use your powers for cataclysmic destruction
--(Remember, less is more. Be subtle. It is far more interesting for everyone if you make subtle, interesting changes like forming a choke with mountains than if you just tear giant swathes of ice through my cities. I reserve the right to reject saves I think are unnecessarily apocalyptic.)

V. Thou shalt reveal yourself to the mortal with grace.
--(Everyone loves a good story, and if you decide to contribute to it, be creative! Choose a name and domain [i.e., Winston, the Sea God] that you govern, even if the characters don't know it's you acting)

VI. Thou shalt not be vindictive, and thou shalt not halt progress.
--(You are not allowed to strip techs away from me. Anything I research is mine permanently. You are also not allowed to remove any named unit, for any reason.)

VII. Thou shalt not be unnecessarily nice to the puny mortal.
--(I do not need a stack of thirty Level 9 Praetorians to win my fights. You do not need to fill my BFC with flood-plain grassland goldmine hills next to rivers. The only exception to this is if you genuinely make me work my ass off to get it, and even then it not ought to be as good as the dream city outlined above.)

VIII. Thou shalt reward him for piety, and thou shalt offer him redemption for his punishments.
--(If you give me a quest and I succeed, reward me! If it was easy don't give me a big bonus, and if it was hard I am going to be miffed if I get another Great Prophet for all my hard work. Likewise, if you punish me, tell me how I can fix it!)

IX. Thou shalt not war with the other gods. Much.
--(Obviously there's going to be some strife between those who would support Monty's Quest, and those who would seek to oppose him. Having said that, Gods are not allowed to reverse the effects of an intervention without waiting for the update after the effects have been felt. This includes quests. In fact, you would do well to leave the other god's quests alone entirely. If you want me to do yours instead, make it more interesting or more lucritive)

X. Thou shalt obey the natural order of things, and of time, and of destiny.
--(There is a storyline going on here. Do try and fit in. Do not take great lengths to completely detract from it. Be smart.)

XI. Thou shalt not abuse your architectural omniscient nature.
--(Don't add wonders that don't already exist.)

(Ignore context errors in the above commandments, they're straight copy & pasted - any mention of Montezuma is purely an accident.)

FAQ
Q: Another God has already edited the save this turn. Can I do it too?
A: Yes, but you may not undo their changes. Take their save and edit it. Also, you may only edit once per turn.

Q: I have this cool idea that only slightly violates your rules, but it's really cool!
A: Just keep in mind I have the ability to reject any save I deem over-the-top

Also, this is a story - write, describe your changes. Be creative. Don't just say what you changed and be done with it.
Put your changes in spoilers! And mark them with the abbreviation NFME (Not For Mosher's Eyes). I'm not supposed to know what you changed

Okay, here are the settings -

Hemispheres, 3 continents
Noble difficulty (I'm not that good of a player and with you guys screwing around with my country and others, I don't need to give the AI any bonuses :p)
Standard size & standard amount of civs
Darius of Persia
Hoping to win via Domination, Conquest, or Space Race

Finally, this won't begin until the end of February vacations, as I won't have access to my civving computer. In this 1 week period, you can post who your god is & his background.

Link to DI V - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=304841

Okay, I'm done typing. Have fun.

List of Gods so far -

Yoshiegg737 - Bel, God of Islands and Martial Arts
Gruekiller - Chilupotl, God of Rain and Rivers
Terrance888 - God of Finesse, arbiter of quality over quantity who pursues technological advancements.
Civ'ed - Esar, God of the Territory, who appears as a replica of the general himself.
Omega - Omega, God of Death
Southernking - Lord of Units and where they are placed
Red Spy - God of luck and espionage
Dam Taqat - God of the Future and Stars
NinjaCow - God of Music
Jury-6 - Jury, god of justice and moral fortitude.
Olaf of the Tempest, Deity of Chaos
momo1000 - Ba'raam, God of Lightning and Thunder
Krug - Pericles, God of Resources or Vagueness
LordofPie - Thlotal, god of food, wealth, and bad jokes.
Tambien - Unus Gnarus, the God of Wisdom, Knowledge, and Advancement

No spots left!

IX. Thou shalt not war with the other gods. Much.

So no... Wars of the Gods? :shifty:

That being said, though, I'm interested in participating as the (fictional) Chilupotl, God of Rain and Rivers (Chaotic Neutral :p ). He generally appears to mortals as an ocelot or as a man in Aztec-style dress.

I enter as Esar (you are Persia) , god of the territory (I can have... mood issues, though not drastic), who appears as an exact mirror of a General, holding the Persian flag.
(I shamelessly took Ishtar and modeled it to Esar :evil:)

An outstanding idea.

And Terrance has participated in a Divine Intervention before, hurrah!

That's fine, and what I've read of the other DIs, was common practice. I'll add you to post 3.

EDIT - Oh yeah guys, I'd recommend you read some of the other DIs - namely DI V and VI, the most recent ones. DI V is still on the front page after a recent necro.

Also, remember to have a story attached to changes and such, this isn't just going to be a list of changes and a save file! :p

Hmm, once the week is up, are god applications closed, or can I hop in at a later time? I'm not entirely confident in my ability to participate, was thinking I might just want to spectate for a while.:think:

Ok, I'll give you my god name now

I'll be the god Bel, ruler of the islands and king of Martial Arts (Yes, I just finished watching a martial art's movie) (Ip Man rulez) (I like brackets)

YAY! A new one!

Will you post the save soon? EXCITED!!!

(BTW, that should be a half finished DI that die created by me ;))

:D

(My new computer does not have Civ IV. Someone will have to do my edits for me, if Mosher is okay with it.)

Hey Mosher, I also need someone to add changes for me/scout out area.
If the mortal immortal is fine with Esar helping out some others... ;)
(I can do them, if that's all right.)

Ello, i would to join as a god, but i cant see to figure out how to get a save from here and post it, ant help.

Edit: I am Red Spy, god of luck and espionage.

Talquash, Of Cryptic Fortellings The Future, and the Stars. :mischief:

I foresee....much. Interesting things are taking place.

There will be a time of Silence and Peace.

There will be a time of Bounty and Mirth.

And there will be a time of Sorrow and Pain.

I'm not sure about editing the Save, but I don't expect to be interfering much, so it probably won't matter.

Edit: if you download the save, you should be able to change it in worldbuilder and re-upload it. Of course, you need to wait for it to be uploaded first.

DT
Cryptic Foretellings :mischief:

Ericko, the god of music, comes to this world, to bring music to the peoples souls. He does not care for any of the craziness the mortals. However, something went wrong. He will have to intervene.

Not For Mosher’s Eyes:
Spoiler :
Any ideas for an apocalypse/beast? Please reply spoilered.

Ello, i would to join as a god, but i cant see to figure out how to get a save from here and post it, any help?

OCC: The reason you can’t get the save yet is because it isn’t posted. Once he posts it, there will be a link at the bottom of the post. Click on that, and viola, there you go.

Uploading requires you to go to advanced options in the post new, click on the manage attachments button and that should be pretty obvious from there.

:D

Top Bottom