THE Noble's Club Bullpen, MK II

Do we have another one of these coming today? If not, no biggie, I've got a few games in progress including a fun Gilgamesh Continents and Islands one I started last night.

Have we done Hammy in this series recently?

Have we done Hammy in this series recently?

Look back a few posts and you'll see the leaders that haven't been done, which includes Hammurabi. I proposed a sequence that'll put Hammurabi up in 2 more weeks, assuming dalamb is following it. :)

The next planned leader will be Hammurabi (Agg/Org) this Friday. That's less than 14 days from Mao but I was late with Mao and several people prefer to have the game available on a Friday because they want to start over the weekend. Let me know you have any suggestions for the map. Since his UU (bowman) doesn't require strategic resources, I wouldn't necessarily feel constrained to give us metals or horses if the RNG demons are unkind.

Organized is a good trait for water maps, since it makes the lighthouse cheaper. :D In this regard, it also makes it a bit easier to get the GLh (although not as easy as Ind), so having a watery map and a coastal start might be very helpful for an easier game. :D

Hemispheres is a nice idea, although the maps are too predictable, and if you go with too many continents, the AI will be a pushover.

Big and Small is also a good idea if you accept the coastal game direction.

I've been liking big and small or continents and islands maps, lately, but for something different why not try inland sea? I haven't done one of those yet, and don't recall the last NC game using that map type.

hmm archery UU... well maybe time for some archer rush? :-D Dunno if would people find it interresting

what about fractal? or it's too much of risk?

Don't know much about fractal other than a vague memory of someone complaining. Bowmen are archers with +50% vs melee; at Monarch+ I seriously doubt a rush is going to work, but maybe it would at Noble. Which brings up Inland Sea: it's easier to rush a neighbour when you know you have exactly one on each of 2 sides. Plus you don't need Astronomy to reach anybody, though you might want it for better naval invasions.

btw is anyone (as me) cycling NC maps instead of generating new and new random maps? I think I played Sury like 5 times at least... but have to say that biggest problem is with finishing games :)

Meh... inland sea makes some of the techs a lot less rewarding.

As far as I am concerned, I hate all maps that don't wrap and I find it boring to have maps which aren't Earth like in at least the sense that there are land masses surrounded by water. But that's just my personal subjective feeling. :)

Concur w/ CT. I do love the naval aspect of things...makes it a lot more interesting.

I don't know that I have ever played a non-wrap map though, so it might be interesting to try once.

Wasn't there a Darius great plains game recently? I remember a great plains game, but I don't remember if it was NC or a different series.

Top Bottom