Resource icon

The Nobles' Club Bullpen: Third Cycle

So far nobody's expressed a preference for order on the 4th cycle. There was a suggestion to just repeat the same order, which would be easy to manage but inflexible. Anyone have a favourite they want to play soon?
Let's start with a bang - a good leader on a nice map! Someone like Ramesses, Liz or Ghandi perhaps?

Looking at the early leaders from this cycle, Louis and Zara are quite interesting options. The last Zara game was the first NC game I ever played. Would do it again.

I was thinking of Gandhi; I've wanted to play him for a while. Any others (non-Spi, non-Phi)?
Looking at the early leaders from this cycle, Louis and Zara are quite interesting options. The last Zara game was the first NC game I ever played. Would do it again.
That gives us 2; we'll have to defer Louis because both he and Zara are Creative. I'll work on starting up a 4th cycle bullpen this week, figure out another 3-4 whose traits fit, and map a Gandhi on Friday.

A Julius map where Praets are useful is also interesting

Suggesting Gandhi-Zara-Vicky-Stalin-Washington-Saladin as first round. All traits included, Sal repeats Spi from first game, otherwise no repeats. English, Russians and Americans have three leaders each. With one out of the way early, they won't cluster toward the end. I put Washington last of them as there was a Lincoln game quite recently.

Sorry, where are the more recent game series ? In the forum, I can only find up to the 4th cycle from 2014.

@ krikav
thanks, but i still don't understand why the latest game is number 206, and all the other games from the 4th cycle are somewhat in the 170ies ?

Btw, the monty game is great, I like the start a lot as it is somewhat unusual (never seen a 3f 3h deer). I won't tell too much, as I have no idea how to hide spoiler content, I just can tell that I won a cultural victory around 1950 (on immortal). In my personal opinion, the map and the landsize are well balanced so that no-one really ran away. That is unfortunately rare, that's why I liked the game.

There are games all the way up from 170->206. They are abit scattered though.
Here is the best summary I know of so far:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/nobles-club-bullpen-fourth-cycle.537926/page-21#post-15291532

Previously, dalamb was updating the first post as games was uploaded, but we don't have access to that first post anymore, so things is abit chaotic now, hopefully we can find some better arrangement for next cycle. :)

Very glad to hear you enjoyed NC206 and that you find it roughly balanced! I'm up at T66 or so myself.

Thanks, I haven't seen that summary before. I guess I know several of these maps from Absolute Zero's Videos on YT that I enjoyed a lot.

AS for NC 206, when I start a game, I play it straight through the night, "bad habit" though, but I can hardly stop myself. In my game, it was very balanced, no ridicoulous vassaling that I always hate. Let us know how it ended for you, if you want.

Is there a way to download the Cycle 3 scenarios ? The files seems to be missing from the threads.

Top Bottom