Resource icon

The Nobles' Club Bullpen: Third Cycle

I hate global highland. why don't we try them more?

Uh, you want to try something you hate? I suppose that might make sense if you want to learn more about how to approach that map type. But since we had one recently, maybe we should wait a bit.

Mao is PRO. Promoted PRO archers could be good blockers on a GH map, if you wanted a defensive setup (which, admittedly, very few players do). I think I tried that with a previous Mao game, though, so perhaps that's too repetitive. If we do want to set up a defensive game, we should probably include all the attack-crazies, like Monty and Shaka. Who are the others? ISTR someone said Gandhi is surprisingly aggressive.

It looks like I'll be getting my new computer in a couple of weeks, so I will lose access to Civ by sometime in September. It's apparently compatible with Win 8.1 according to Microsoft but my GameSpot download account is broken and it looks like I'd have to pay again, and I'm reluctant to spend money on a 3rd copy of the game given that I don't play it much anymore.

So we will soon be in the mode where I can maintain the bullpen but can no longer serve as map-maker. Please look over the upcoming leaders and consider whether you can volunteer to create one.

I'm putting together a map for the next game, and just have a question. I know that we want to avoid ISO for the player, is that the same for an AI as well?

Anybody up for mapping Sury in two weeks?

If no one volunteers, and my map choosing skills aren't horrific with Justinian, I can take up Sury as well dalamb. I want to give it a few more days to see what people's opinions of the map I just posted are.

I managed to get my GameStop account fixed today, got my new computer to download the copy of BtS I bought a year or two ago, and managed to fire up a saved game (though, sadly, double-clicking on a save file just starts the program and doesn't load the file). So it turns out I can continue to be the mapmaker-of-last-resort for a while. I'd still prefer others do most of them, so if anyone wants to volunteer for one of the ones Deonnim hasn't taken, let us know.

Top Bottom