The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

Persia stretches from Per-Wadjet all the way to Afrosiab.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 417
Look at Africa: China is still alive, isnt it, eh? :lol: And even never collapsed.
Also first time see wonders there. As well as 2350-points strong Germany.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0592.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0592.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 484
  • Civ4ScreenShot0595.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0595.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 479
Persia stretches from Per-Wadjet all the way to Afrosiab.

If that isn't you playing Persia then it's pretty awesome.

Look at Africa: China is still alive, isnt it, eh? And even never collapsed.
Also first time see wonders there. As well as 2350-points strong Germany.

I bet that's you playing China?

If that isn't you playing Persia then it's pretty awesome

I'm the Ottoman Empire. The Persians are definitely the global superpower in this game. They've got several Renaissance techs in the 1300s (including Optics, no doubt some Caravels are on the way) and both India and China hate them (leading me to believe there's been a war or two between them).

I'm the Ottoman Empire. The Persians are definitely the global superpower in this game. They've got several Renaissance techs in the 1300s (including Optics, no doubt some Caravels are on the way) and both India and China hate them (leading me to believe there's been a war or two between them).
Persia is one of the easiest civs in this mod, if not the easiest.

Just look at religions.

Oh, right! Hannibal founded Confucianism before China.
I regularly see Taoism in Egypt, but this is crazy!

Was anyone in Europe Confucianist?
If England or France was Confucian, you would get a free Confucian missionary as America, right?
I bet that's not the case, but THAT would be awesome.

Hannibal beat me once on Taoism, when I was playing as China. This only because I wanted to have the Wheel and the goody huts didn't want to give me techs.

This is in RFC RAND, but anyone ever had the AI build the Statue of Liberty in 1665 and Wembley in 1724?

I'm playing China and just beginning researching Gunpowder... while I get the message: Wembley is build in a far away land.

EDIT: I just got the world map of India and Greece is not Super-Greece, but Mega-Greece. They were the one who build those wonders. Wonder-list of Athenai: Colossus, Great Lighthouse, Taj Mahal, Apostolic Palace, Statue of Liberty, Wembley, Kremlin. At least that were the ones I could recognize from the map.

I'm playing as the Babylonians. My empire only stretches from Constantinople to Delhi - the stupid Indians declared war on me, and I had to force a surrender from them, but didn't want to raze the holy city of TWO religions (otherwise, my empire would extend no farther East than Parsa). I razed all their other cities (they never capitulated... the bastards). When the Arabs attacked, I kept Mecca and razed the rest; when the Egyptians declared war on me, I took two of their cities and let the rest go Independent. I never took Athens, either (ironically, the Greeks HAD declared war on me, but I was busy with the Persians and missed my window; Romans beat me to it and I wasn't in the mood for an unnecessary war of aggression. Besides, I had no exit strategy, and Athens had no WMDs).

Anyway, despite my relatively small number of cities, my empire nonetheless gets a wee bit unstable and goes into civil war. Whatever, right? I can take those cities back. In fact, I might as well let Delhi go free since it's so far away. So I go to the huge f**king army that I had stationed in Babylon (in preparation for the impending Ottoman onslaught), only to discover that my Babylon itself - my capital city! - had declared independence from the rest of the empire, and Hattusa was my new capital. Like... dude, WTF? How can the seat of government declare independence? That would be like if President Lincoln and Congress agreed to join the Confederacy and make Washington its capital, and the Union moved its seat of government to San Francisco. It just doesn't make any damn sense.

Anyway, I had basically no chance of ever getting the city back. It had all of my Wonders, so I couldn't count on culture-flipping it, and it had all of my surplus troops, so I couldn't take it back by force.

This scenario should be modified so that the capital city can never secede during a civil war.

Also, note to self: consider razing cities more often.

This scenario should be modified so that the capital city can never secede during a civil war.

Also, note to self: consider razing cities more often.

Huh? That shouldn't be possible. I've never had my capital secede from me in all my years of RFC.

Screencap coming up...

EDIT: enjoy.

Spoiler :

Top Bottom