The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

probably for a Space race victory :crazyeye:

If you've already won,then why are you still playing?To see nukes flying?

As you can see from my sig I've already achieved every UHV so I like to make additional challenges for myself, also I like seeing games play out, if the UHV is all that mattered to me I would have stopped playing Rhye's a long time ago.

I always think it's fascinating to see how the world plays out, plus I have a little pet peeve about trying to take ancient era civs to the modern era :p

Now in this picture there are many small things that are weird, each with their own explanation.
First, you'll notice at the center of the picture, that the Incans captured Mombasa, I guess they wanted to do some conquering themselves after they've been conquered by me :p
Second, that isn't really OMG but just out of place, Persian soldiers in Africa, that might not seem weird but considering they are at war with the Turks I'd supposed they're heavily needed at home base.
Third, Incan camel archers? Well, after I conquered them I just gifted them the units, I guessed they used them for over-seas expansion.
Fourth, American vessel in an African lake? Well if you look down you'll see a Portuguese Quelimane, that explains how the Americans got there :p

There aren't any big OMGs here but I guess so many weird things in one place of the world deserves a picture.

Attachments

• omg.jpg
    omg.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 2,046
Those Incans are obsessed with taking over Africa...

Oh yeah I love it :).
All you need to do is open RFC folder->Assets->Python->Screens-> open the file "CvMainInterface" (as notepad)
Then use search and search for "getcivilizationshortdescription" and when you find it delete the "short" from, there are two "getcivilizationshortdescription" things that you need to remove the short from. Save the file.
If you are in the middle of the game you don't even need to restart it, you'll just get a message like an event saying "reloading python files" or something like that and in a few seconds the new names will arrive.

That's BUG mode, I think.

BurnEm, I just did that and worked, yet I'm now missing interface in terms of what I want my city to build and the box to the right of that on the city menu screen. Any idea what happened?

First, you'll notice at the center of the picture, that the Incans captured Mombasa, I guess they wanted to do some conquering themselves after they've been conquered by me :p
In my current game (as China), India captured Mombasa. There's no Khmer in my game, but an independent Angkor (and Hanoi, but I disbanded that when it flipped - probably a bad idea) spawns. India also managed to capture that...
Right now, I'm in the 1500s, and they're still stable. And they've survived the Persians and the barbarian elephants. Very strange.
The only other semi-weird thing in that game is that Rome survived until AD 1000, without the Great Wall.
(This is my first game under the new patch, let's see if anything similar happens again...)

BurnEm, I just did that and worked, yet I'm now missing interface in terms of what I want my city to build and the box to the right of that on the city menu screen. Any idea what happened?

Make sure you only replace the two occurrences of getCivilizationShortDescription(0) with getCivilizationDescription(0) around line 2990.

That's exactly what I did. I c&p what to what to search for in ctrl-f, and highlighted and backspaced over short, twice.

EDIT: I haven't opened up civilization since I had the problem (see time), and when I just opened it at this edit, the interface came back. Thank you anyways.

Ah yes I forgot about that. That happens to me too :p. Save the game then go to the main menu and load it, it should be fine.

This week i've played my first Rhye's and Fall - game and really enjoyed it :).

As China (monarch) i won in 2008 the space-race, also was 300 points ahead of nr. 2 (Netherlands), did have 3 vassals (Kmer, Inca, Persia) and what did the final judge say: I played like Dan Quale! :mad: :confused: :scan:

This week i've played my first Rhye's and Fall - game and really enjoyed it :).

As China (monarch) i won in 2008 the space-race, also was 300 points ahead of nr. 2 (Netherlands), did have 3 vassals (Kmer, Inca, Persia) and what did the final judge say: I played like Dan Quale! :mad: :confused: :scan:

did you download the new version? (If you see gems in India you did), poor you, you got Mssr. Potatoe

the larger portions of the score is based on the time it took for completion. I do not believe it is possible to get a good victory in the year 2008.

Didn't take a screenshot but earlier I saw an AI india get the conqueror's event and ended up controlling the whole of previously Incan territory, and they were still relatively stable too.

So the to do list of expanding city name maps are as follows:

Incan for South Africa
Indian for Chile and Peru
Anyone else for anywhere else.

Top Bottom