the oobs 4th pitboss game (Warlords), 15 players

Well.. it's now past Jan 21st, I'm back from my conference and the game is back up where we left off! :)

The year is 1922AD and all have played this turn except oyzar.

oyzar - the game is currently paused as dV left it. Please can you go ahead and play your turn and leave the game unpaused when you're done so we get back into the regular 48 hour turn timer from here on.

Cheers,
Munro

You can use either of the following.

munrociv.no-ip.org:2058 (Hamachi)
munro-pitboss.no-ip.org:2058 (normal)

If you need to rejoin Hamachi, use network oobcivserver with password civfanatics.

Everyone - note that oyzar has now played so the clock is now ticking (48 hours). :)

Cheers,
Munro

Doesn't look like either oyzar or whiplash will be coming back...

Looks like we have three options:
  • 1. Find replacements for oyzar and whiplash (probably quite hard given how late in the game we are)
  • 2. Kick oyzar and whiplash to AI and play on
  • 3. Declare victory for the anti-oyzar alliance :p and retire the game.

I am leaning towards option 3, since playing on would be fairly time intensive and probably not that exciting now that the Arabia is essentially defeated. I would almost certainly start a new (BtS) game on my server instead which everyone would be welcome to join.

However, I am open to the other options if there is support for it.

Thoughts??

The game was paused, but I have taken it down while we discuss.

Finding replacement seems unlikely ...

Kick to AI is a variation of replacements ...

In either case, where is the game going, that is fun? If Arabia is not getting into space, then is Munro? A modern era slugfest of everyone against Munro would be next ... to stop his space ship ... would that even be possible? And is it worth the time?

And if we do stop him, what then? Everyone against Zulu? Or whomever emerges as biggest?

One round of cooperative modern military operations was fun, but more is a bit monotonous. Especally with no tech path decisons to be made, etc. Build and slug, build and slug ... ugh!

So I vote to end this one (delare Munro the Victor ... his rapid takeover of his continent merits something). Then I don't have to swap my disks for Pitboss :lol:

If others are undecided or want to continue, consider the opportunity costs: what fun game might Munro plan that we would forgo to keep this one up?

Munro, why don't you suggest some possibilities for those on the fence?

dV

Finding replacement seems unlikely ...

Kick to AI is a variation of replacements ...

In either case, where is the game going, that is fun? If Arabia is not getting into space, then is Munro? A modern era slugfest of everyone against Munro would be next ... to stop his space ship ... would that even be possible? And is it worth the time?

And if we do stop him, what then? Everyone against Zulu? Or whomever emerges as biggest?

One round of cooperative modern military operations was fun, but more is a bit monotonous. Especally with no tech path decisons to be made, etc. Build and slug, build and slug ... ugh!

So I vote to end this one (delare Munro the Victor ... his rapid takeover of his continent merits something). Then I don't have to swap my disks for Pitboss :lol:

If others are undecided or want to continue, consider the opportunity costs: what fun game might Munro plan that we would forgo to keep this one up?

Munro, why don't you suggest some possibilities for those on the fence?

dV

Well we did send him a few units as well..and scouted for him....and I just built the UN...so you could vote for me..:D

I really think this game has pretty much run its course....just end it IMHO.

They don't have a problem getting hold of me... I just really don't feel like playing anymore on this game(and somewhat civ in general).

My apologies. I thought the game was over with after a spate of server problems. I wasn't getting any e-mail reminders.

I'll continue if the consensus is to carry on; but it's deadly boring for me given the situation.

Edit: It would be just as well to allow davinci to control my civ.

I'm about done with this game as well. Stopping oyz was fun while it was still in dispute, but another round of "backstab the leader" while we all research future-tech17 sounds boring.

Ok then - thanks for the responses. Let's declare this game a victory for the 'allies' then (Munro, dV, Elkad, Ronnie and whiplash :king:) over the axis of evil (oyzar... ) :satan:

This was a very interesting game - thank you everyone for playing. As already mentioned, I will probably use the server to start up a new game (BtS) in the fairly new future, possibly a 3-3-3-3 or 4-4-4-4 teamer game. If you're interested in taking part, let me know.

And thanks to Oob for starting it all in the first place. :goodjob:

Cheers,
Munro

I'm for any variant you want to play!

Ok then - thanks for the responses. Let's declare this game a victory for the 'allies' then (Munro, dV, Elkad, Ronnie and whiplash :king:) over the axis of evil (oyzar... ) :satan:

This was a very interesting game - thank you everyone for playing. As already mentioned, I will probably use the server to start up a new game (BtS) in the fairly new future, possibly a 3-3-3-3 or 4-4-4-4 teamer game. If you're interested in taking part, let me know.

And thanks to Oob for starting it all in the first place. :goodjob:

Cheers,
Munro

4v4v4v4 would be very kool; keep me in mind.

Top Bottom