The OpenDev/Preview Thread

Hopefully, I get in tomorrow as well. It might take me some time if I were to give my AARs for both the G2G forums and here for both scenarios if I get to be selected haha

Let's hope so! The electricity company told me we won't have electricity all day, so I'll be able to test the new scenarios at night.

Hopefully, I get in tomorrow as well. It might take me some time if I were to give my AARs for both the G2G forums and here for both scenarios if I get to be selected haha

Same here... Looking forward to see if I am in this week. I am really enjoying what I can see here, on Reddit and on the different YouTube videos sooo fingers crossed to be able to test it by myself

Received the 2nd Scenario mail this morning. They're having a little trouble with it on steam install, but should be fixed by now. Will play tonight after my work day I guess... or maybe even a little during lunch break.

I,m very interested in this one. 4 small battle scenarios, will give us a great insight in how battles VS something better than wildlife will feel like. Plus, we will see many differents early eras cultaures in play.

Can't wait.

It's been an hour since they're supposed to send out the OpenDev invites. I got nothing yet. Not even in my promotions in my GMail. :sad:

Last edited:
It's been an hour since they're supposed to send out the OpenDev invites. I got nothing yet. Not even in my promotions in my GMail. :sad:

Well me neither, nothing on Gmail, nothing on Spam and nothing on my Games2Gether profile... It looks like another week of waiting, at least... Soooooo frustrated, hopefully tomorrow there is another chance

It seems like they have taken the endless legend combat system and reworked it from a give order and then have the battle play out into a coventional system in which units instantly respond. Another major difference from endless legends is that battles can continue over several in game turns.

Castles is also a new thing, now you can build improvements that boost your armies during combat.

Signed up a bit late but luckily got in. Plan on popping a few Pale Ales and running through the first two scenarios tonight then providing feedback. Thanks for allowing me to participate Amplitude. I don't have the same hours as Civ but bought almost all your games. Looks like I can run this at 3340x1440 on an ultrawide monitor with UI scaling so that is GREAT news.

it is also interesting to see that cities can bring up militia units. I think the AI had 11 units defending the city and each army can hold 8 units. And the battle area was huge. So city sieges can be epic multi turn affairs. In the mid and late game, you will need o bring large armies to take a walled city. It won't be like civ6 where you just bombard a city center until the city HP is low and then take the city with a melee unit.

Finally got it to work. Had to flush my steam download cache, like a lot of people, to get it to work.

found a way to play the first of 4 BATTLES during lunch time. very fun, Hittites chariots VS Egyptians chariots. I found the batlle fairly easy because I took time to attentively read the spces of each units. Egyptians have a range of 3, and can move after attacking, but have maluses when in melee. Hittites have range of only 1, but if in melee, they force the opponent into having only a move or an attack action, not both.

So after pre-battle movement, and round 1, all you have to do is make sure all the Egyptian chariots are engaged in melee and it's a win.

From the questions asked in the survey, it seems they want to know if you used river maluses, elevation bonuses and what not from the map to your advantage, but really, playing the Hittites actually stopped you from being able to do so, since you had to react to Egyptians actions more than could dictacte those events. I feel they should have reversed this and make us play the Egyptians.

All in all, I found that the AI played the right way, they worked hard to get far away and elevate themselves on the map. Also, I felt the the advantages and disadvantages of each really played out as expected in the battle.

I'm sure the next 3 are going to be a little more challenging, but it'll have to wait until end of work day ;-)
20200806124205_1.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose I can wait another week, but I'll be gutted if I don't get in at all, I'm so pumped for this game!

@tedhebert - might not want to advertise on a public forum that you got around their scenario release. If it was intended I would think they'd have simply unlocked them all.

Top Bottom