The Plant civ - Ideas thread

Oohhh, I like the hiding borders idea, but, visible with Friendly relations? And, yeah about the HN in borders and Invisible in Forests.

Are you going to do the Affinity idea BTW?

Sorry, lesson ended =]

The iRequireBonus tag that you could use for 'affinity' promotions. That we were talking about in the chat.

Oh, yes, I remember now. I don't know when I will put this in... Shouldn't be too hard anyway.

You had some ideas about it?

Yeah, like, an affinity for Duskwood and Yggsrial?

Yggdrasil? :p

Yeah, that could be interesting. Actually, maybe an event for going on the Yggdrasil... perhaps a unique "fort" or something? With a lot of culture and a neat unit?

yeah, I can't spell that xD

an event would be nice, a special unit even more so. Perhaps it releases to a 'wild' version of it as a unit?

or held, but with amazing spells and abilities. Moving would be good, if it could move really slow, like, 1 space every 2 turns.

urm, perhaps an ability to 'absorb' fruit resources, for strength?

Just a note: all units will be invisible in all kinds of forests and jungles. Which means that fighting them will be a pain in the you-know-what. However, HN units will be rarer (just saw a post from Valkrionn which made me decide this). I don't know yet how rarer. Maybe recon? HN killing pixies? Or perhaps every unit with a 5+ level? Effectively gaining the ability to make others think they're getting killed by the forest itself!

@jemon: fruit resources?

I think it would be fitting to give the civ boni dependant on the health of their city (similar to the Khazad Dwarven Vault mechanic or to the Governor's Manor mechanic). A plant that is healthy is able to produce more and better fruits than an ill one and plant people thus should be more productive too.

You're saying this while suggesting that settling near the Yggdrasil should give a free avatar, knowing it can be done right from the start? :p

You may think of the Re Ki as a whole, as one feature, not as a sum of features ;)

And I quite like your idea, Imuratep. I was thinking of doing something with health but I didn't know what... I think I found it ;) What should be the bonus? More production?
(an issue though is that at first you may have something like +8 health (9 health - 1 unhealth), making, say, +8:hammers:... So, two things: maybe they should get more unhealth with pop (*2), but idk why; and maybe their bonus shouldn't apply this way, using :health:-:yuck:.

if you do go this way id suggest a 'vault' mechanic like the dwarves have. make set ranges of health provide different effects. so if the city is unhealthy they dont only suffer from unhealth but also happyness AND production penalties, but if the city is healthy not only do they benefit from they they get a production boost and additionaly happiness. to balance this id make all Re Ki never get unhealth from either buildings or population. id also make the penalties higher for being unhealthy than the benefits for being healthy.

Top Bottom