[BNW] The Problem with America - Earth Map - Huge

sixty4half

Prince
Now, before I start complaining, I'll give the one assumption I have; "The Earth Map is always built the same way." I hope that's correct. It would make sense that it was hand built and not randomly generated.

Why did they screw up the Americas in the Earth Map? I have it set to the largest size possible. Central and South America are connected by 1 tile. And that tile... is... a... Mountain!

Washington State. WTF?!? It's a single tile of of Stone, against the Pacific Ocean. Blocked by 3 mountain tiles.

The Rockies. Why? Why are they so huge? Why do they stretch from what seems to be Kansas/Oklahoma all the way to the Pacific? Half the country is a maze of mountains and hills and pretty useless except for maybe 1 city built to take advantage of the massive amounts of resources hidden in those mountains. But you better have Food Caravans ready for it because it'll never grow if you don't. Is the Mississippi the ONLY river in the US?

California is like 1 tile wide. California! One of the largest agricultural areas in the western US. A tile wide. No farms. Only silver on hills. Sometimes desert hills. Maybe a cattle or sheep tile. On hills. No grasslands for farms. Nope, no farms in California.

I'm sure this has been complained about before. This just happens to be the first time I've played the Earth Map on Huge. My old computer couldn't handle huge maps. I'm just going back to V after finding VI boring so now that I have a better computer I wanted to do some things I hadn't before. This map is so frustrating but I've already put 100 turns into it before I ran into the mountain to cuts me off from South America.

Is there a map that puts countries in their real life position? I'm William of Orange and I started out in Missouri. :-(

Top Bottom