The Problem With Units Solved!!!

Originally posted by Ed O'War
I think this was changed in 1.21f. Now the game is supposed to support any number of units, if I remember the readme correctly.

I agree with Ed of War. The unit icon limit has been changed to be "unlimited" (but we'll soon test that theory I'm sure)

I agre and it is verified in my mod...

I have a question for the experts:

I prefer to make simple changes which can be saved as a .bic file, so I can just load them as a scenario. However, it seems to be impossible to add units in this way. I originally assumed choosing another unit's icon would tell the game to use that other unit's graphics as well, but as the new units cause the game to crash, it seems this is not the case.

My question: Is it possible to add units without adding extra files? Or am I out of luck?

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by MonkeyPaw
I have a question for the experts:

I prefer to make simple changes which can be saved as a .bic file, so I can just load them as a scenario. However, it seems to be impossible to add units in this way. I originally assumed choosing another unit's icon would tell the game to use that other unit's graphics as well, but as the new units cause the game to crash, it seems this is not the case.

My question: Is it possible to add units without adding extra files? Or am I out of luck?

Thanks for the help.

Nope, unfortunately, changing the icon only affects the icon, not the actual unit graphics. If you want to re-use existing graphics, just copy and rename the folder of the unit whose graphics you're using, and rename the new folder and the .ini file insid of it to the name of your new unit. If you downloaded a unit, just extract the .flc and .wav files, plus the .ini file, to a new folder with the name of the unit. Make sure that the name in the editor and the name of the folder and .ini file are exactly the same, otherwise the game will crash.

If you're still unsure about adding units, read this tutorial.

Thanks Ted!

That's too bad though. Maybe they can change that next patch. How hard can it be to instruct the game to just use another units graphics?

Originally posted by MonkeyPaw
Thanks Ted!

That's too bad though. Maybe they can change that next patch. How hard can it be to instruct the game to just use another units graphics?

Hey use the hacked civeditor 1.21

You can add with just a click on the add button and delete with the same way (delete button)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny your thread

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For units take the work of SpencerH it will allow u to add more than 100 units (tested)

cya

Yeah, it would be nice if the Units tab in the editor had a line where you could type the path to the particular unit graphics folder you wanted to use for a new unit. That way you wouldn't have to add another folder just to re-use an existing unit--it would just make things a little easier to do.

Top Bottom