The questions-not-worth-their-own-question-thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would have to be in the form of dust or a liquid to really enter your system. a solid chunk would eventually end up as poo.

What if it is a small speck of metal? Wouldn't it break down a bit as it goes through your digestive system (i.e. little particles will break off) and be absorbed? Is the metal that they use for fillings toxic or is it relatively harmless? Is it possible for the little chunks to become lodged somewhere in your intestines?

That would mean instant death.

:p

Yeah, I thought of the Covenant too . . .

Side note: I originally named the bad guys in my novles the Covenant as well, originally for lack of a better name, but it kind of stuck. So I did a double take there . . .

What if it is a small speck of metal? Wouldn't it break down a bit as it goes through your digestive system (i.e. little particles will break off) and be absorbed? Is the metal that they use for fillings toxic or is it relatively harmless? Is it possible for the little chunks to become lodged somewhere in your intestines?

:p

Metals don't dissolute very quickly except in strong acids. The acids in your digestive tract are fairly dilute. If you took a drop of mercury, you could be in trouble. Silver you'll excrete. Lead in a small chunk will not dissolve enough in the short time it's in you to do you much harm. Children who get lead poisoning from eating paint chips, first there was more than one incident, second, the lead is in finely ground form suspended in the paint, and the paint will dissolve in the digestive tract, leaving lead dust finely ground enough to enter your system.

If, for example. a filling in your mouth came loose and you swallowed it, you would poo it out in a couple of days with no harm. If you ground it to dust and swallowed it, it would harm you more, but would unlikely to be sufficient quantity to harm an adult.

Anybody know of a certain British comedy show, I think the name she said was "Cufflinks" or something like that. Google got me nothing.

I don't think it gets cold enough to do that.

Does cleaning your hands with ice kill the bacteria on your skin?

Good question. Some bacteria species can survive and grow in temperatures close to freezing. I'd guess that the average skin bacteria doesn't fall into that category and would have its growth inhibited by ice temperatures; Not sure if zero Celsius would cause physiological shock that might destroy the cell.

A safe bet is that it's not a good idea to institute such a practice because it'd probably cause skin damage (cracking, chaffing) that might remove the skin as a physical barrier to infection. So stick with soap and water, with about 30 seconds of washing.

don't use anti-bacterial soap...everyone loses...

All you are is causing more and more bacteria to become resistant to anti-biotics...which means you get 'super-bugs', ie germs that normal medicine can't kill. And that trait gets passed on to other germs (via plasmids), and you have a recipe for a nasty disease like MRSA....

What's the difference between metal, heavy metal, black metal, and death metal?

Metal is just metal. Heavy Metal is Heavy. Black Metal is Black . And Death Metal , is Metal used to cause death. This or the second theory is that it is the metal of the entity known as death .

the truth shall set you free my friend

Metal=heavy Metal (according to wikipedia) Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a genre of rock music[1] that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s, largely in England and the United States.[2] With roots in blues-rock and psychedelic rock, the bands that created heavy metal developed a thick, massive sound, characterized by highly amplified distortion, extended guitar solos, emphatic beats, and overall loudness. Heavy metal lyrics and performance styles are generally associated with machismo and masculine sexuality.

Death metal- is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal. It typically employs fast tempos, heavily distorted guitars, deep growling vocals, morbid lyrics, blast beat drumming, and complex song structures with multiple tempo changes.

Building off the speed and complexity of thrash metal, death metal emerged during the mid 1980s.

Black Metal- Black metal is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal. It often employs fast tempos, shrieked vocals, highly distorted guitars played with tremolo picking, double-kick drumming, and unconventional song structure.

During the first half of the 1980s, certain thrash metal bands established a prototype for black metal.
Black metal guitarists usually favour high pitched guitar tones and abundant distortion.[2] Typically, the guitar is played with much usage of fast tremolo picking.[2][3][4] When composing music, guitarists often use those scales, intervals and chord progressions that produce the most dissonant, fearful and ominous sounds. Additionally, guitar solos and low guitar tunings are a rarity in black metal.

We can clone now...heck, me and my bio prof could do it...just the legal issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom