The questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you don't keep the post count, although you can still see the posts, in threads like this, or Rants and Raves, or picture-type threads. As I said, the alternative would be to crack down much harder on spam.

:mischief: okay...

Um.... to make this not spam I have to ask a question or answer one... Ha I got it; Should I change my avatar?

:mischief: okay...

Um.... to make this not spam I have to ask a question or answer one... Ha I got it; Should I change my avatar?

Yes, or make one that's not so blurry. Looks like a shabby enlargement.

No.
Why are colour photocopies more expensive than black-and-white ones?
Edit: X-post with Pete Atoms.

I think it's because I had to make it myself. I think I'll only change it if someone makes me a really cool one. CG perhaps.

X-post with tak: I think because there is less ink involved in b&w thus it is cheaper.

So can some car obsessed yankie tell me if I really need to change both break callipers at the same time or if I can get away with changing one?

Preddy please?

How many posts have you guys lost? I lost 100.

I think I lost a good bit, thankfully.

The last thing I need is an enourmous post count to emphasise how much time I waste here.

Its already apparent enough.

No, you don't keep the post count, although you can still see the posts, in threads like this, or Rants and Raves, or picture-type threads. As I said, the alternative would be to crack down much harder on spam.

Why does post count matter?

Why does post count matter?

It matters to some people for . . . whatever reason they have.

It matters to the rest of the forum that it matters to those people, because they will fill the forum with spam just to raise their PC.

That 'reason' as Eran calls it, is sometimes known as E-Peen. Just like the original, some people think that the larger the better.

Some forums give more privileges and accesses with higher post count levels. For example, on the Star Trek forum I belong to, I've been trying to get to the next rank because I'm curious to know what goes on in the private forum to which that rank has access (seems like I've been a lowly Captain for ages... I wanna be a Commodore! :cry:)

Whereas here, I passed the post count requirements for avatars and PMs a long time ago. :)

It sounds like a weird Cthuloid cult to me that Valka D.

Post count is pretty meaningless.

Gamedev has a pretty good system where people can give you rating points (it's based on their rating) based on how helpful/interesting your posts are.

Mr. T, unless he needs to get on a plane.

Who is the coolest of these four?

A: Chuck Norris
B: Mr. T
C: Jesus Christ
D: Captain Falcon

I would say, "E: O-Chul", if I thought anyone knew who he is, but instead I will give it to the man who walked on water - and swam on the land.

But can he do a Fal-con Paa-unch though?

I thought JC refused to walk on water for Pilates kicks and giggles.

EDIT: I think that may be based on the Gospel according to Rice & Webber though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom