The revolutionary war scenario is hard...

Yzman

Deity
I couldn't manage to beat it. There 16 strength britsh troops all had like 30 defense in the cities... Anyone beat this yet?

Yeah...:confused:...what difficulty did you play it on? Noble was a walk... I felt bad for the AI, and I didn't even use all the Civ options available to me---tried to keep it "realistic" for the period instead of Point-Fixing for the win... :D

What level did you play it on?

Dude, if you can't beat it, America will never be free!!!! :eek:

I won quite easily on monarch, but I was playing as the British.
Actually, the Americans still had about a third of their cities left and it cut me off saying I won a score victory. As I was enjoying the scenario I found it pretty annoying.

lysander said:
I won quite easily on monarch, but I was playing as the British.
Actually, the Americans still had about a third of their cities left and it cut me off saying I won a score victory. As I was enjoying the scenario I found it pretty annoying.
Same happened to me (on Noble) as the Americans... I just kept playing :D ...never could get Halifax, though... (I quit when the turn countdown stopped)... It's NOT a "total war" scenario, the "Americans" just give up their dream of Independence when you take 2/3rds of their stuff :)

Yzman, the key is to not expect to win if you're outnumbered 6:1 ... use your brain... the British won't be expecting the Green Mountain Boys!!! :lol:

...as I recall, I think I took and held Boston in the first few turns...not to make you feel bad, just to let you know that Boston is the key... don't worry about the Navy until you get the land war settled...

I just kept throwing everything i had or could make at boston and got wiped out each time. I quit it, made me angry though.

I think what I must have done is to do UTTER MICRO on all the cities...change EVERYTHING to max Hammers, and start pumping out Minutemen... when I had my first wave, I just walked into Boston, as I recall... /shrug... I might play again tonight if my main game gets dull or I can't get my multiplay friends together :) Stay tuned!

i played on noble as america and it was easy. i didn't take boston for a while. I pillaged everything around boston at the begiming then i camped out in the wood right by the city and killed the british army that came out. took all the southern and western ciries to get a good score. eventually i took boston.

Yeah, *I* found it easy... but I took Boston right off the bat AND all the southern & western cities, and I had Montreal & Trois Riveres and was trading Quebec with Britain when I got the score win...

I don't know what your missteps were, Yzman... sorry...

There are only two sides, but it should work like any other 2-player game.

When I go to multiplay and scenarios, Rev War does not show up like it does in single player. Is there another way to access it?

I will have to try this thing again. Maybe I just was going about it wrong. I thought it was a full domination thing.

LOL, I won it very easily... I thought that this scenrio is a joke... played as americans... I found that I do not need to keep defences in my cities ... just only attack Tory ones and take them.

the trick is to take Boston on your second turn - as you approach it, the Tories will flee (let them go). take the city and hunker down.

the trick to this scenario is to get the Tories to flee whatever city youre advancing on. if you let them fortify in the city youl never defeat them in a straight fight.

Top Bottom