New Story Setup:
-RFC Dawn of Civilization
-1700 AD
-Giant World
-Brazilians
-Viceroy Difficulty

Head of Parliament Rules and Parties​
Spoiler :
I have decided to add in a little flavor. From the House of Parliament, one person can be elected into the office of Head of Parliamentary Affairs. Anyone whom wants to run for this office, PM me. Describe the name of your party and what you wish to accomplish. Then, if i deem your party and what you want to accomplish acceptable, you may try to get people to vote for you. You may join each others parties but that's your own choice. Tell me and I'll try to keep track of everything here. There currently is no point in joining someone else's party but you can if you want because I might expand the government late. The Head of Parliament is not eligible to vote on his own requests as the President is not either. Again, PM me if you wish to run for office and I'll decide to green light you or not. Thank you. Also, remember that Brazilians are fiercely anti-European and anti-communist.

Head of Parliament's duties:
Can submit their own requests to parliament
Serves as head of state when the president is unavailable
More duties may be ssigned if they are requested and approved

Parties:
Old Unity Party: adhiraj.bose
Spoiler :
The goal of the unity party is to unite all of South America under the Brazilian flag one way or another. The use of force is definitely condoned to force the British out of our motherland.

Spoiler :
A new agenda

After the victory over the British and Swedish, the Unity Party had its national conference to decide on a new policy path. The Party adopted a new party programme for the future of the Federative Republican Empire of Brazil.

1) Our Portuguese heritage : We declare that Brazil is the rightful heir to the legacy of the Portuguese Empire. We must bring all the regions of our mother empire into our protective fold. Congo, Angola, Mozambique should be our targets.

2) The American brotherhood : We have an alliance (defensive pact) with the USA and work with them to ensure the development of the Americas. We are the overlords of the South as much as they are of the North. We assist them in wars against European imperialists in Canada but only if they call on us to do so.

3) Ten years of peace for Twenty years of war : After an exhaustive campaign to unite South America and eject the imperialists from our soil, we must give our soldiers time to rest. Our economy must grow and we must upgrade tanks and our navy with robotics and fiber optics. Hence we declare, ten years of peace for twenty years of war. To accumulate so much economic surplus to speed up production and upgrade of troops.

Galactic Party: mrrandomplayer
Spoiler :
Its goal is to pursue a space victory, increasing scientific funds and changing production to the Apollo Project (and later spaceship parts). The party is not opposed to war with Britain, but thinks that technological progress should take priority. However, until the Apollo Project is finished and spaceship parts can be built, the party will build troops and support war with Britain.

National Brazilian Unity Party: constantinople
Spoiler :
An irredentist party that seeks to unite all of South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, the southern US, and Iberia under the Brazilian flag. The party supports "raiding" European colonies in Australia and Africa and supporting their independence. The party supports secularism, and has a conservative stance on civil rights. It also supports the construction of a nuclear arsenal and a large navy to patrol all of the Americas. It differs from the Unity Party led by adhiraj.bose in that they want more than just Latin America and are willing to use serious military tactics to get these lands.

Social Democratic Party: Grifguz
Spoiler :
Economic Position: We believe in a fair, equal economy, using capitalism as a base for a fair and just market. We believe in universal healthcare, a fair and living minimum wage or in lieu, mass unionization. We believe in a universal safety net, a retirement system to benefit the elderly, and a strong Brazilian economy where the wealthy pay a fair share around a flat 45% tax for all money made above 1 million pesos. We support keeping the free market, but instituting Universal Suffrage for all citizens above the age of 18. We believe in a fair corporate tax, benefiting those that bring labor and investment to our nation, and punishing those who fail our workers. We believe in a just society, where inequalities are fewer, people are richer, and workers and owners alike are satisfied.

Social Positions: We believe in free love, the abolition of socially conservative gender roles, freedom of choice, equal rights of the women of Brazil to that of men. We also believe in lax drug laws, with main punishment for those who produce and sell illegally.

Military: We support a strong Brazilian military with restrain for conflict, but no restrain for humanitarian crises. We support humanitarian assistance and a military that will intervene when necessary to save human life.

Domestic policy: We believe in local investment, starting with centers of knowledge and justice, a courthouse and library in every city. We believe increasing Brazilian stability by creating banks, courthouses, markets, grocers, jails, and improving foreign relations. We believe in reducing maintenance costs by allowing vassals to govern overseas colonies.

Foreign Policy: We believe in building closer foreign relations through trade, association, and defensive pacts. We believe Brazil should intervene in world affairs only when necessary or to protect Brazilian interests. We believe in aiding developing countries, and establishing closer relations with them as vassals and common trade partners.

Russia: We believe the nation of Russia should be isolated until such time it reopens trade relations and provides unity with Brazilian foreign policy. We strongly encourage in a system of defensive pacts and vassal states to isolate the Russian state, and also, proxy wars in the case of economic warfare.

Nuclear Weapons: We believe in the complete disarmament and nuclear proliferation of all Brazilian ICBMs and tactical nukes. This includes the destruction of all current nuclear weapons that are in storage or being produced.

Workers Party: baseballpie
Spoiler :
Our goal is to ensure that our labor and work force are the best and best - treated in the world.

Domestic: Our workers should be the most happy and the most healthy, so all cities should be above the happy and healthy cap by the end of the term. This will be accomplished by construction projects to ensure that our workers still have jobs to work at.

Foreign: Our workers are being overworked in order to contribute to the war effort. We should end the war immediately. Also, we should try to find some Nations that will come to our aid in case we are attacked again.

Civics: I would like to adopt Egalitarianism, showing that the worker are equal to the upper classes

New Unity Party: DKVM
Spoiler :
Domestic Policy: Let the cities decide what they think is best to build (Let Caterpillar decide).

Foreign Policy: Build a coalition of alliances and vassals across the world to stand up and intimidate the Russians into ending their conquest.

Military Policy: Allow up to 4 nukes to be shot at the Russians if diplomacy and intimidation fail. Afterwards, we may not use more until the fallout is dealt with. Also, build up money to upgrade any existing outdated equipment.

Stability Policy: Let us continue with the policy set forth by this party's founder adhiraj. Let us have 10 more years of peace after the Russian threat is dealt with then we will have 20 years of war to acquire the Algarves and Portugal.

Atoms for Peace Party Platform: Royal Tenenbaum
Spoiler :
1) Heritage:In an age where science does not bring humanity, does not bring stability, and does not help defend our people, the Atoms for Peace Party humbly requests that science funding ceases! Let the funds both be allocated 50% in culture (to improve culture stability hit and raise happiness stability), and 20% espionage.

2) Faith:Although many politicians worry about the instability of Brazil, with the Atoms for Peace policies these will not be a problem. Stability should not be a worry until -35, and with this large amount of room, we can focus on expanding our empire for living space for our people. Furthermore, non-Catholicism will be prosecuted to reduce religious unhappiness instability.

3) Living Space:Brazil has a right to territory. We reject the 10 years of peace for 20 years of war, and call for a war against Portugal to unite the Portuguese people.

4) Supremacy: Russia is a threat, but military will only make Brazil unstable. By using espionage completely focused on them, we will continuously change their civics, poison their cities, and do all we can both through espionage and diplomacy to make them collapse and be inactive. Furthermore, we will also do all in our path to destabilize and disable nations more prestigious than us.

5) Nuclear Power:Nuclear weapons will be banned in Brazil, and military intervention will be taken to make sure that they are not being used elsewhere in the world.

6) Brotherhood:This is a party by the people and for the people. The party will meet regularly to discuss these decrees.

It's a hot and steamy 1824, the wheels of revolution in South America are turning and everyone is leaving their previous lords. Portugal has ruled too long and is unfit to lead such a far away colony. Revolutionaries from Rio de Janeiro armed themselves and took the city of Sao Paulo. Incited by the revolution, all surrounding cities joined into the Kingdom of Brazil. Because of a pact signed between the German Empire, Portugal, and the United States, even though peace was negotiated between Brazil and Portugal, America and Germany still would not agree to peace. Since Spain had lost all of Argentina their government and economy had lost much stability. Soon the kingdom of Spain descended into anarchy. Despite Brazilian attempts to take Montevideo Argentina snatched it up first.
Spoiler :

The thought of ruling like it's fatherland as a monarchy did not fare well with the public. To counter this Pedro II moved to a capitalist democracy. This was the beginning of a new age.
Spoiler :

In the year of 1866 the world's most powerful nations are called together in a world congress. Not being invited was a great embarrassment to Brazilian leadership and a great injustice. Pedro II swears to leave a permanent mark on the world. The world will rue the day they didn't invite the Federative Republic of Brazil.
Spoiler :

Subbed!!!

What I'll do is if enough people sub and respond I will ask a question and see what the congress (you guys) say. Like, should I prepare for war or whatever.

I think that this is the first Brazil story here.

Oh no they di'n't.
(Or however you spell thar so it sounds like a teenage girl)

In waiting to further expand Brazil's power Pedro II mobilizes his troops to the North in hopes of a chance to quickly snag Cayenne. This move is done under cover of night so the world is unaware of current happenings.
Spoiler :

The local Colombians underestimate the pride of Brazil. They demand a meager amount of tribute as their civilization is clearly poor and lesser. Our diplomats quickly decline and throw out the Colombian officials. The Brazilian economy is growing and pulling out of its depression as the world watches in awe.
Spoiler :

Not long after meeting the foolish "Empire" of Japan these barbarians declare war on a country too far for them to actually attack. The international community is befuddled at the stupidity of this declaration.
Spoiler :

The Brazilian Navy and Army pull up near the French colony's border. Hidden as mere fishing ships and city defense the French infantry thinks nothing of it. Although clearly outgunned, The Brazilian military awaits their next move. "Soon," they whisper "soon". The disease spreads through the world and this may be the break the military needs. It may also be the death of millions of Brazilian citizens, only time will tell...
Spoiler :

subbed

Subbed, I finally get to see Brazil because my computer can't run the game that far.

In 1882 as nationalism swept the nation songs came from every corner of the nation. Anthems and poems, dances and songs, all rousing national spirits and hopes. One poem in particular took the nation by storm. In every tavern, pub, house, and factory. Workers and citizens alike sing and rejoice as their love for Brazil becomes as apparent as their nation's power.
Spoiler :

Due to a careless error made by communication staff the Brazilian military was incorrectly guided to the French border. Moans and complaints roll through the ranks like a wave in the ocean. To compensate, the Navy agrees to transport them to the Argentinian border instead of forcing them to walk all the way across the length of Brazil.
Spoiler :

After a 60 year standoff Germany agreed to a truce. Nothing was being won by fighting a war, in fact, no one was fighting. A German soldier and a Brazilian soldier had never seen each other. A mutual truce was asked and agreed on.
Spoiler :

I bring before the parliament a few requests as to the well-being of Brazil.
Request 1:
I request the poem be officially implanted as the new national anthem. Vote Yea or Nay. (Yes or no)

Request 2:
I request the move of an organized religion into a secular government. We are falling behind and we need to keep up with technologies. Yea or nay.

Vote like this please (i am not actually voting as I am the president and not a member of parliament.):
Decision 1: Nay
Decision 2: Yea
Also, please bring up topics for me to review and as president I will determine their importance.

Thank you for your service and long live Brazil.
-Pedro II

1)Nay
2)Yea

1) Nay
2) Yea

Hue hue hue hue hue, viva Brazil!

1. Nay
2. Yay

So current numbers are
Request 1.
Yea-1
Nay-4

Request 2.
Yea-4
Nay-1

I'll be honest, I am disappointed the poem won't be our anthem. May I ask why? Thank you for your votes.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hahahaha I will bring it up in the next parliament.

As decided by the parliament, The Federative Republic of Brazil becomes a purely secular government. Thousands are angered by this and throw the country into anarchy for years. Finally, the last of the riots are quelled and the secular government is running at its full force. Now we are a purely secular government and no religion will halt our scientific research.
Spoiler :

Disaster has stuck the mainland! The plague of which has killed millions of other countries' people has reached Rio de Janeiro! Then soldiers all evacuate from each city immediately, not wanting to take any chances. The frigates and the galleons carrying the army all move to well out of the cities' ranges so they are not affected. As the disease spreads, millions lose their lives. Many cut short by mother nature's wrath. This is a bleak time for all Brazilians alike.
Spoiler :

In the midst of the epidemic, Mexico reaches to Brazil for a trade. Although the deal was tempting, we didn't accept so after offering new terms the two Latin American nations talked for a while and finally agreed on a deal. Although it seems like highway robbery, Brazil is behind technologically and needs to catch up.
Spoiler :

After nearly 20 years and millions of lives, the pandemic finally leaves Brazil, never to return, hopefully. All the soldiers survived and move back into their fortifications in the city. Simultaneously Sao Paulo has finished The Trading Company and this means more revenue. Things are looking up for the uprising nation.
Spoiler :

Top Bottom