The RoundTable!

General_W

Councilor & Merlot Noble
The RoundTable!

Ok – based on comments in the "Preparing for the Great Lighthouse" thread, I'm pleased to announce the opening of The Council's newspaper office… The RoundTable!

Here's my first draft edition for review and comment.
Obviously we've got till turn 93 and the (please, please) completion of the Torch before we publish this in the UN.

This is really mostly intended as a proof of concept, but I'm actually pretty happy with how it came out.
However, if anyone has a better idea for some articles, or even a better name for the paper, I'm happy to make changes! Please just post here.

Hope you enjoy!

Spoiler Plans dashed by the evil Babe Empire :

Great idea and great work General! :salute: I see you managed to get Chamsuri in there! :goodjob:

Now, in that Mountian article, is that a typo, a pun or a Freudian slip when you say "fears were greatly relived"?!? :rotfl:

e-hem...

Well, I guess I'll redo this for the Statue of Zeus?

Talking about bad Karma... :gripe:

Real good, but...
Let's redo it for SoZ as soon as we got that. :mischief:

Yeah, I'd say a re-write was in order. :D Maybe we need some propganda about saving the free world. Might not want to go too far n that direction though, lest we become BABE enemy number one.

I don't think we should do that personally, although I can't seem to find a reason why not... I just have a bad feeling about that.

Here's a stab at Version 2. Tried to strike a balance between raising fears about Babe without making us a bigger target.
Also tried to focus on how strong and scary we are now with the SoZ! :)

Thoughts?

Well, our initial version would have been much, much better than BABE's wonder update. Emperor Killyouall. Hoo boy. Losing the great lighthouse to them sure took the wind out of my sails.

So, should we include Killyouall in our roundtable? Or just ignore him?

:thumbsup:

ignore these rumors of a Big Torch.

Glad everyone is liking it!
Now we just need to make sure we actually get the SoZ!

Paul#42 said:
ignore these rumors of a Big Torch.
Please note, I changed the text of "Watery World" to include mention of the Torch. Part of the campaign of making sure everyone looks at Babe with fear.

But it can be changed back to the original article if desired?

Good work!

The original version of watery world was more funny to me, especially the real estate agents :lol:.

ok - I agree that the first version was more funny... but then our newspaper won't have any mention of the Torch. Are we ok with that?

I'll go whatever way The Council wants!
:salute:

Please note, I changed the text of "Watery World" to include mention of the Torch. Part of the campaign of making sure everyone looks at Babe with fear.
:eek: I should take more time reading it :blush:
You are right to mention it although I agree the first version was more funny. But I guess that lies in the nature of things... :(
I'd have problems to create a fun story on a tragic event... :mad:

General_W, AFAIAC please go with your own preference :).

:dance: Hooray!!! :dance:

So here’s what I did for our announcement…
I decided to save the “Watery World” real estate story for a future newspaper.
I went back and reworked that third article to hopefully add a bit more humor.

Hope you like the final product!

I’ll post this in the UN soon if everyone likes it? (meaning: no one protestes here in the next hour or two) ;) .

Looks good to me! This version of the watery world story is much better :lol:... although I don't understand how the Torch is conencted to the council being prison or fortress... :hmm:

Top Bottom