The Sidar and Wane

In orbis, has there been a change to how wane works?

I ask because I was playing as them and got a few level 6 hunters (well outside my borders) killing barbarians. The little icon to wane them didn't appear at that time though. So I made the long march all the way back to my border city, and was still unable to wane them, either inside my borders, or inside my city.

-Colin

It requires lvl 7 now, as there are more ways to get xp in Orbis than in FfH.

I really need to check the strategy texts...

And I was hoping to settle some great generals to make shades right out of the assembly line. Your little trick was not funny. 37 xp is pretty difficult to get for newly trained units, 26 would have been manageable.

But I guess it's this thing called 'balance'...

And I was hoping to settle some great generals to make shades right out of the assembly line. Your little trick was not funny. 37 xp is pretty difficult to get for newly trained units, 26 would have been manageable.

But I guess it's this thing called 'balance'...

lol, shading is only supposed to be done by units that have gotten some field xp...

Ahh, thanks for that. Does kinda nerf the sidar altar trick... no more wanes almost as soon as a priest rolls off the line. Oh well... priests still gain passive xp, so I just need to wait a little while longer after they come out for them to be useful ;)

-Colin

Ahh, thanks for that. Does kinda nerf the sidar altar trick... no more wanes almost as soon as a priest rolls off the line. Oh well... priests still gain passive xp, so I just need to wait a little while longer after they come out for them to be useful ;)

-Colin

Sidar archers=win

using the fort commanders is the best way to get a lot of GPs imo. they have the fastest experience gain. :)

using the fort commanders is the best way to get a lot of GPs imo. they have the fastest experience gain. :)

suddenly, you know you're in sidar territory when every single square has a fort on it...

I'm going to have to try that... :p

-Colin

the commander will disappear after the end of a turn if he isnt in a keep, so be sure to have enough movement points to place him in the city. this tactic was nerfed 2 patches ago, sinces you cant build keeps side by side, but its still effective.

Cheaters :p

Too bad it is not possible to wane siege units (i.e. fort commanders) - it has been like that for quite some time :mischief:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

why cheater :(
This Fortresses are my "training camps" where i can train elite-sidarians wich are prepared to work hard in my citys. I cant imagine how it could be an exploit ;)
And anyway it fits the sidar-style as an isolated, independent nation, because there is no need to start war against your neighbours. But seriously, i agree its a bit too strong.

but a fortcommander is not a siege unit, isnt it? he has just the siege engine promotion but hes handled like a meelee unit, or did already you changed it?

Top Bottom