The Sword of Islam: RFC Medieval Middle East

City governors, the ones that manage your cities. You might want to check if you haven't accidentally enabled one in Baghdad.

Hi , talking about safavids i have never been able to build bridge of 33 arches with them, mamlulks, ottomans and mughals.
Btw, i wanna help with the mod, i can translate the mod to spanish if you are interested.

It's not uploaded because I have a lot to do, but here is the Green Tomb. What I read is that originally it was just Rumi's tomb above four pillars so I made my best interpretation of what it might have looked like then. The other parts of the building were added later.

Attachments

• rumi.jpeg
    rumi.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 65
What is actually "A first impression is a lasting one"?
Sometimes I get -2 or +2?

thats from the built-in civ-to-civ modifiers in the mod. used to be in DLL, now in python.

thats from the built-in civ-to-civ modifiers in the mod. used to be in DLL, now in python.

Actually it's a feature from Hidden Attitude Mod (part of BUG, so it's found in other mods). It simply shows the attitude modifiers that are known but not shown by CIV4. The "First impression..." thing is the permanent modifier from difficulty level and leader personality + what you mentioned.

Hi , talking about safavids i have never been able to build bridge of 33 arches with them, mamlulks, ottomans and mughals.

Why not? It seems to work fine.

Btw, i wanna help with the mod, i can translate the mod to spanish if you are interested.

Sure, it's always a plus to have other languages included! Do you know how to work with localisation files? All that stuff is in Assets/XML/Text folder. You can either use SVN (PM me for write access) or just send me files you translate, if that's easier for you.

It's not uploaded because I have a lot to do, but here is the Green Tomb. What I read is that originally it was just Rumi's tomb above four pillars so I made my best interpretation of what it might have looked like then. The other parts of the building were added later.

Thanks, that looks great! :goodjob:

i join the choir saying that Mansa Musa is to sucky a random event ... went from +200g per turn at 0% to -3g at 0% with Mamluk

Mamluk UHV1 is a bit much of a cointoss ... if struck with Black Death Delhi can easily outgrow it without anything realisticly possible to stop it (i'd like to see anyone try to get above 19pop with Cario shortly after Plague)

maybe specificly make it so Hindustan aren't counted

i join the choir saying that Mansa Musa is to sucky a random event ... went from +200g per turn at 0% to -3g at 0% with Mamluk

Mamluk UHV1 is a bit much of a cointoss ... if struck with Black Death Delhi can easily outgrow it without anything realisticly possible to stop it (i'd like to see anyone try to get above 19pop with Cario shortly after Plague)

maybe specificly make it so Hindustan aren't counted

Although I was a supporter of the Mansa Musa event (being the person who thought of it), perhaps its power is a bit too strong, and needs to last only a shorter time.

Also have you thought of adding anything related to al-Hakim the crazy Fatimid Caliph who burnt down the Holy Seplechure in Jerusalem, sparking the Crusades? Perhaps there should be a Fatimid event, that has persecution of Christians, Jews and Sunni's included, that would be interesting.

Hi, i have a lot to translate, but its advancing ;), i dont know how to use svn, so i will just send you the files, when i finish.
I think i accidentaly errase the last part of my last post, i was saying that i never have been able to build bridge of 33 arches with safavids in sultan, what thing do you have to do?
About Mansa musa, i think it might be overpowered, however even with that the ai manages to build al jaziri, grand bazaar, sometimes bridge of 33 arches, and raise a giant army (only comparable with the giant army that ottomans raise)
About cyprus.. (sorry to annoy you with an old topic), did you check they respawn?, for what i got be changing they values of respawn probability is that although the coded respawn of 1192 works ok, the random respawn is broken. (Only for cyprus, other civs have no prob)

I'm against nerfing the Mansa Musa event. Mamluks are still super powerful without it, and while annoying when playing them, it's hardly a death sentence. Falling behind in commerce is simply historical.

@Edead
Would there be a possibility of the creation of an advanced start for SoI, perhaps 1250 or 1517 start? How hard would it be exactly to implement it?

@Leoreth
I'm inclined to agree with you, I just don't know if its "historical" for the mega inflation to have lasted so long. But as you said, they are still very mega powerful. Heck, I would like to see the Ottomans conquer the Levant, and God forbid perhaps even Egypt once in a while after 1517 (the date when they historically destroyed the Mamluks), but as it happens, the Ottomans are unable to break out of Anatolia too easily, and then cannot really challenge the Mamluks, unless they have collapsed (which is rare IMO in the late game)

I'm against nerfing the Mansa Musa event. Mamluks are still super powerful without it, and while annoying when playing them, it's hardly a death sentence. Falling behind in commerce is simply historical.

Is it any fun though? Hardly. It is just randomly bad and no amount of good planning can alleviate the problem once it hits.

Crusaders at the gates of Constantinople is historical and adds some excitement and flavour to the mod. Mansa Musa doesn't add any excitement whatsoever.

That's a good point. Maybe we need a possibility to actively work against its effect (even if it only removes part of the penalty). The Mansa Musa event could trigger a quest that requires to amass a certain amount of gold (taking currency out of the economy) and reduces the inflation again afterwards. The AI will probably fail to do so, so the balancing effect will be preserved.

That said, The Turk is right in that more aggressive Ottomans would also help out here.

Love the mod, but a quick point. Shouldn't Jerusalem be the Jewish holy city... I know there are relatively no benefits so why not

how about making Mansa Musa so the more gold you have in your reserves, the more you can 'soak' without the economy collapsing

That's a good point. Maybe we need a possibility to actively work against its effect (even if it only removes part of the penalty). The Mansa Musa event could trigger a quest that requires to amass a certain amount of gold (taking currency out of the economy) and reduces the inflation again afterwards. The AI will probably fail to do so, so the balancing effect will be preserved.

Triggering a new quest is a great idea!
It could be done for a couple other quests as well...

Top Bottom