Resource icon

The Test of Time 1003

Wait so this mod includes the larger worlds and detailed worlds scripts?
Nope, It includeds the Utility scripts that make the default continents better looking, for ppl that do not use detailed worlds and basicly cause i think its a must have for better maps. I have referenced Detailed Worlds so it loads before my mod to make it compatible(for people that want the new map scripts), it acted funny loading after (I got a CTD now and again). Not tested larger Worlds, yet.

So went over my code. Seems i did include japans Trait in there but for the life of me I can not see how it is doubling up on that bonus. there may well be a bug here, just can not see it atm.

He is using my utility scripts, but not the actual map scripts. You can run Detailed Worlds with Test of Time, it looks like Larger Worlds will work too.

Edit: Ninja'd :)

Nope, It includeds the Utility scripts that make the default continents better looking, for ppl that do not use detailed worlds and basicly cause i think its a must have for better maps. I have referenced Detailed Worlds so it loads before my mod to make it compatible(for people that want the new map scripts), it acted funny loading after (I got a CTD now and again). Not tested larger Worlds, yet.

I'm using the custom map scripts from DW, so I updated RiversLakes.lua in your lua folder to be sure... didn't see a reference in modinfo. It's the only difference among the utility files.

So went over my code. Seems i did include japans Trait in there but for the life of me I can not see how it is doubling up on that bonus. there may well be a bug here, just can not see it atm.

I think all of the other districts are ok, it's just the commercial variant(s). Haven't gotten to the Financial Square yet.

I'm using the custom map scripts from DW, so I updated RiversLakes.lua in your lua folder to be sure... didn't see a reference in modinfo. It's the only difference among the utility files.
LOL I already called him out on that, it's in the next version that he hasn't released yet.

So went over my code. Seems I did include japans Trait in there but for the life of me I can not see how it is doubling up on that bonus. there may well be a bug here, just can not see it atm.
Could that be because the financial district already has a higher district adjacency bonus? I though that one was always +1 per district for everybody which would make it +2 for Japan. Don't quote me on that though, I haven't messed with districts and I'm too old to be able to rely on my memory like that :)

Could that be because the financial district already has a higher district adjacency bonus? I though that one was always +1 per district for everybody which would make it +2 for Japan. Don't quote me on that though, I haven't messed with districts and I'm too old to be able to rely on my memory like that :)

No, they should all be the same. Every reference says it's 1:2, unless you're Japan of course (1:1). As far as I know, you don't get partial credit.

I've not scrutinized it before, but then nothing's ever jumped out at me like it has here. Trying to see if it's actually accumulating or if it's just a display bug. It does NOT help that the report screen isn't showing the same GPT as the topPanel, which is another problem entirely :badcomp:

I would dearly like YAMPC to work with this. I fired up a new game and it seems to be working. I have the following mods though so Ill list them here.

Better water tiles
Gelos Warmongering/weariness mod (I set nearly everything to <Zero> the entire concept is unbalanced so war is fun for now)
YAMPC (I love Enormous maps and the 'Light Eearth' start pushes everyone 30 tiles out and cuts Barbarians a 1/3rd.
Machine Guns range 2

I think that's it. I have those in there now. I am worried that ToT map scripts will conflict with YAMPC or War Weariness.

Every time I try to launch a game using one of the Detailed World map scripts, it doesn't place any civs. Is there anything special I have to do to make that work or is it maybe some of my mods conflicting? I don't think it should be conflicting with anything as the game loads with the default map scripts, it only doesn't load with the Detailed ones.

Every time I try to launch a game using one of the Detailed World map scripts, it doesn't place any civs. Is there anything special I have to do to make that work or is it maybe some of my mods conflicting? I don't think it should be conflicting with anything as the game loads with the default map scripts, it only doesn't load with the Detailed ones.

Yeah same here, just get a blank map and the turns keep going too. Get the "Please Wait" button but nothing happens other than the game age keeps advancing.

Yeah same here, just get a blank map and the turns keep going too. Get the "Please Wait" button but nothing happens other than the game age keeps advancing.

Which map and size you using?

What other mods are you using? I use Detail Worlds, have done since it was released, I do not get any issues with it.

Which map and size you using?
I was doing Huge map size, I'll try it out with some other sizes to see.

Edit:
It happens on all map sizes.

Mods I have installed:
  • Half Unit and Building Cost
  • Production Queue
  • The Test of Time
  • Unit Report Screen
  • Alert Guard
  • City States - No Free Envoy
  • AI+
  • Improved Combat
  • TCS Omnibus
  • Detailed Worlds
  • Wonderous Wonders
I'll try it out with just the map script and test of time.

Edit2:
I tested it out with just detailed worlds and test of time, still did not work. I verified that detailed worlds worked by itself and with every other mod, so it is somehow conflicting with just test of time.

Last edited:
Half Unit and Building Cost - You really dont need this.
TCS Omnibus - thats probably going to be uncompatible.

Check the Mod Compatibility post in reply 5 on the first page. If you give a link to unteseted mods I will try them and see if they are compatible. By no means am I going to make mods compatible with ToT or edit ToT with mods that we do not feel belong in ToT.

Half Unit and Building Cost - You really dont need this.
TCS Omnibus - thats probably going to be uncompatible.

Check the Mod Compatibility post in reply 5 on the first page. If you give a link to unteseted mods I will try them and see if they are compatible. By no means am I going to make mods compatible with ToT or edit ToT with mods that we do not feel belong in ToT.
Just an FYI...I haven't looked at your mod in detail but from the OP there doesn't seem to be any reason why at least the Standard Ruleset of the my Omnibus wouldn't be compatible with this.

Ok so the mods Im using:
Test of Time
Omnibus
Larger Worlds
Detailed Worlds
AI Quick Movement/Combat

Standard size map, Continents
Everything works fine when selecting Continents, if I choose "Continents-Detailed" it wont work, just get the blank map.

Edit: Im also using Directx 12, if that has anything to do with it.

Top Bottom