The Trial and Tribulations of Fredrick Delano Roosevelt

CampRadion

Chieftain
Hi guys, I haven't posted in a while, and I came up with a new story, so here it is: The Trials and Tribulations of Fredrick Delano Roosevelt. As you can deduce, I'm playing as America, and I'll post a screenie of the setup in a few minutes, so relax, pop open and a drink of choice and read.;)

I haven't posted in a while
this is your 1st post?!?
all the same nice to see another story

I did a story a while back about Charlemagne, it in all respects sucked.

this was on a different account?

Yeah, it's like CampRadio or something or another

This is the beginning shot-of the options, I mean :). I'm playing a FDR on a Archipelago map with 12 other civilizations, all on random. This should be a good game what do you guys think?
[/URL[/IMG]

He looked out upon the sea with a unsmiling face. How long had they been like this? Nomads without a destiny, they were no better then the nomads that they discovered getting to this godforsaken place. Up ahead, closer to the sea that Bethany had called the endless water was the three warriors, the party of settlers only protectors in a hostile world. They heard horrible tales throughout their endless days of wandering. Men with clubs, just like the warriors and worst of all horrible, mad beasts, some looked to be the spawn of the enemy himself. They were safe here, Josh reasoned with a stroke at his beard. They had protectors now, protectors that would guard them under any circumstances.
He thought of what Bethany, who was staring at the waves lapping against the water might say if she could here his thoughts. Probably something that would scare the children. The children...
The voice in Josh's head trailed off, where the hell were the children? He looked around, they were surrounded by forest, and a river lay directly in front of them. Were they swimming in the river?
Josh craned his neck to see, but the only sound coming from the river was that of surf hitting the rocks that lined the opposite side. He looked into the forest. A murder of crows was in one of the trees.
He turned to face the directions away from him, nothing. He walked into the woods, slowly, cautiously, and shouted out:
"Timothy! Nicholas!" no response. Suddenly he developed into a run, he leaned back against a tree, after a minute or two of running, panting and out of breath. He went through it again until he found a break in the woods. A clearing.
From there was the sound of two children playing. He broke through the woods and saw the two kids. Timothy and Nicholas. The sons of Bethany and Joshua.
"Timothy and Nicholas!" he shouted marching towards the two children. "What the hell are you doing out here?"
Timothy, a boy with short ash-blond hair looked at Joshua. "We were playing."
"Playing what?" Josh demanded.
"A game." Nick simply said.
"Well, your coming back to camp with me, imagine the look on your mothers face when she..."
Josh fell silent. Timothy, who was noticed the lapse in words nudged his father. "Papa? What..." Timothy looked up and saw a fearsome sight. It was a cat, with a golden mane and black eyes as black as night.
"Timothy, and Nicholas back away slowly. Disappear into the woods. Go back to camp, I'll follow you."
"But papa!" Nicholas said. Joshua turned to look at him.
"Shut up son! Go back to camp!" Josh reprimanded. The two ran off into the woods. He himself, inside was petrified and he began to slowly back away.
"Nice beast, easy beast, good cat." Josh said. The lion snarled at him and lunged for him. Joshua pivoted back and clumsily fell down. Josh was sure he was lion food when a loud crack erupted from a club and he saw Jay, knock the lion down with his club.
"Go!" Jay shouted. The lion roared and Jay pounded it some more. Josh hit the ground running, the battle between beast and man echoing throughout the forest.
Josh ran through the forest, dodging everything, fallen branches, literally everything. Until, he emerged at the riverbank, where smoke rose from a campfire, that Bethany and the kids had lit up.
"The boy's tell me you had a escapade with a lion, is that right?" Bethany asked.
Joshua nodded. "Well, you shouldn't have gone into the forest that far anyway." she reprimanded.
"But, they were out there..." the boys stuck their tongue out at Josh. "Anyway, we have some news, a stranger came into camp today." Bethany said nodding her head to the riverbank where a man sat, observing it and the sea. "Says his name's Roosevelt, he came in about 5 minutes earlier than you did." The stranger walked toward the fire.
He was a vaguely handsome man, looking like a relic of a past age. He was be speckled and wore white hair and a grin.
"Hello, I'm Fredrick Delano Roosevelt, pleased to meet you."
"Pleased to meet you too." Joshua mumbled.
The grin stuck on Roosevelt's face. "I'm here to lead you." Roosevelt said.
Even Bethany's jaw dropped on that one. She never was one for surprises like that.
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

is any one else not seeing the pictures?

yes, i cant see the pictures.

I can't see the pictures either. IMHO, the text is a little to small :)

Yoshi said everything I was going to say. It was like he was, like, reading my mind, man! :eek:

We. Are. Moshieg! :mwaha:

Sorry guys, I was using photoshack, is there any other way to upload photos?

Thanks

Is Photoshack Imageshack and Photobucket's bastard love child? :D

Obviously :lol:

Also: I heavily support your story since you put "Trails and Tribulations" in your title (The subtitle of the best DS game ever made in the world :D)

Thank you, the more people that like it, the better in my book :)

Top Bottom