The Villanovian and the Etruscans

imperator1961

Last of the Mohicans
This is my first pack of ancients units. I hope you like this. First the Villanovians:
The Villanovan culture was the earliest Iron Age culture of central and northern Italy, abruptly following the Bronze Age Terramare culture and giving way in the seventh century BC to an increasingly orientalizing culture influenced by Greek traders, which was followed without a severe break by the Etruscan civilization. Villanovan cultural origins, but perhaps not all its peoples, lay in the Eastern Alps, with connections to the Halstatt culture. The Villanovans introduced iron-working to the Italian peninsula; they practiced cremation and buried the ashes of their dead in pottery urns of distinctive double-cone shape. The name Villanovan comes from the type-site, that of the first archaeological finds relating to this advanced culture, remnants of a cemetery found near Villanova (Castenaso, 8 kilometers south-east of Bologna) in northern Italy. The units:

Villanovian Axeman, Villanovian Swordman, Villanovian Spearman

And after the Villanovians the Etruscans VIth C:
Archer VIth C - IVth C, Light Horseman VIth C - IVth C - Chariot VIth C, Hoplite VIth C, Swordman VIth C, Axeman VIth C.

And the Etruscan IVth C:

Heavy Horseman, Swordman, Hoplite, Axeman

Download the units

Truly Impressive!

BTW: The Etruscans are a favorite solution for many scientist which research the original source of the germanic RUNES ! They say that the german tribes has get their "Rune alphabet" from them. The Runes are a logical progression from their early alphabet. btw ,the expert term for Runes is Futhark.

Alphabet = Alpha and Beta (the first two letters)
Futhark = Fehu ,Uruz ,Thurisaz (th) ,Ansuz ,Raidho and Kenaz (the first six letters)

If it is true ,the Etruscans can claim for themself to be "Culture Bringer".

I hope you folks like that additional info.

Top Bottom