The World of 200 BC - Scenario

Some suggestions:

The Japanese as we know them did not exist in 200 B.C., certainly not as a unified nation, so having them with just a settler makes a certain amount of sense. If you want it to be realistic, they should be heavily beset by Ainu barbarians. The capital should be Nara, and their settler should start in the area where Nara exists today (south of modern Kyoto). Their next city might be Heian, since that was the old name of Kyoto when the capital was originally moved there.

The selection for historically accurate Japanese UUs during this time period is pretty slim, but you might try "Wako" -- pirate unit, a ship or amphibious warrior, since the people of Kyushu (the Wa) often raided settlements on the Asian mainland. Or as an alternative to that, you could make a "Barbarian Ship/Galley/Whatsit" available only to Barbarians and the Japanese (possibly some other appropriate civs) that acted like the standard-game's Privateer unit, showing no faction. I suppose you could go with Ashigaru, though it's not historically accurate (Ashigaru feudal era non-samurai-class soldiers), or you could give them a "Bushi" unit (just means "warrior" in Japanese). You might also give them a late-tech archer UU (Yamato Archer??) to represent some precursor to the Samurai Archer (and you could use Kinboat's Samurai Archer graphics).

I'll have to re-read up on this stuff and give you more (and more accurate) suggestions.

Er... and sorry for all the parenthetical statements. I think I've been on the computer too long. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom