Theodore Roosovelt 100% confirmed

Kerfuffle

King of the Whale Sharks
It was strongly hinted at before but it's finally certain now: link

EDIT: well I didn't see the quill18 thread that confirmed this as well beforehand. Now this feels redundant :lol:

Don't think it's redundant.

I'm quite happy to see some deviation and I hope this bodes well for other civs.

FYI here he is:

LARGE:
Spoiler :

I know they are usually slightly exaggerated versions of leaders, but while Teddy was a bigger man in later life, he never looked Chubby like Taft.:lol:

I'm surprised he came before some other possibilities (Adams, Jefferson, Jackson, Kennedy, etc), but a welcome change. Always felt awkward when a strong America in the game with swagger had the controlled leadership of Washington and Lincoln.:)

I wonder if the third unique replaces having a UA for America.

I sure hope not. That would make America a very, very boring Civ until late in the game. They should have something unique about them before then or I'd never want to play as them.

The P-51 unit looks amazing!

Not sure what I think about the Rough Rider as a unique unit, but that's okay.

I know they are usually slightly exaggerated versions of leaders, but while Teddy was a bigger man in later life, he never looked Chubby like Taft.:lol:

I'm surprised he came before some other possibilities (Adams, Jefferson, Jackson, Kennedy, etc), but a welcome change. Always felt awkward when a strong America in the game with swagger had the controlled leadership of Washington and Lincoln.:)

If they ever picked Jackson I would imagine they'd have an even tougher time convincing Native American tribes to give their consent to appear in game.

Spoiler :
Rough riders:

P-51 Mustang:

Film Studio:

This looks like there's going to be more period/leader specific stuff (especially considering the choice for the Capital for China) in the uniques this time around which is great to see! (Maybe one leader specific unique and the other two are general uniques shared with another leader of the same civ?)

Considering the Unique Ability, and now the new Agendas system on top of that, seems like there's gonna be a lot more work going into the mods. Here's to hoping Firaxis deliver on their modabilty promise

My goodness, this was my immediate thought when looking at Teddy's picture. :eek: Who made the decision to draw him that way? Especially his face? (The rest of his body seems almost normal.)

I'm also curious as to why he was chosen among the other American leaders, but I guess it was high time for a change from the usual Lincoln/Washington/FDR stuff.

Anyway, all of this is hopefully going to be minor in the grand scheme of things; if the gameplay is good, I'll be playing despite the weird leader appearances.

People seem to forget that Roosevelt was in base game of Civ 4 as well...

People seem to forget that I know nothing of anything... so.. ignore this comment and if you need me I'll be in my cave of shame.

People seem to forget that Roosevelt was in base game of Civ 4 as well...

People seem to forget that I know nothing of anything... so.. ignore this comment and if you need me I'll be in my cave of shame.

Wrong Roosevelt, that was Franklin, not Teddy :lol:

Sorry, I've been beaten to the punch by several other people, I'll just crawl into the cave of shame too. :(

I think Ted Roosevelt, the Big Stick Agenda and the Uniques represents well the type of America they want for this civ game: Hollywoodian imperialistic world police.

Works for me.

I'm eager to see what/if the American UA. The UU's and UB represent the 20th century America rather than the 19th century America that was in Civ V.

Top Bottom