They destroyed my coffee industry!

Haig

Deity
I was settling near coffee and improved them, and was planning to make an industry and maybe monopoly later.

World congress came about, I put my votes on Coffee giving extra amenities.
Results: Only I voted for that, everyone else voted for it to give NO amenities!

I thought that was pretty cool how they piled against my resolution.

I wonder can I try to change the resolution in some later congress session?

Otherwise it's coffee wars..

Hello,

In Civ VI, the resolution will only be active for 30 turns, until the next world congress session, (it's not permanent, like in civ V). Therefore, it's just they delayed your plans.

As Civ VI world congress is pretty random, there is a minor possibility the resolution is picked again in next congress (however, I think it is very unlikely cofee is the selected target again). Nevertheless, you don't need to worry about a prolonged ban on your luxury by some civ proposing the resolution again and again.

I never pay attention to timing of votes, but one way to avoid that is to sell/gift your excess luxuries before a vote.

In resolutions on luxuries the AI almost always vote to ban something. I've seen only very rare exceptions when one or two AIs voted for extra amenities instead of a ban. So it would be better to take a glance at the global resources tab during the vote, pick a victim and go with as many votes as you can spare for this resolution, supporting a ban and hoping that your votes are enough to decide the target luxury of the ban. But AI dedicates quite an amount on this type of resolution for some reason, so you may not be lucky whatever you do. You may as well put one free vote somewhere and prepare to swallow this bitter pill for 30 turns. But as FXS was kind enough not to require a specific repeal this time, the effect expires on its own after 30 turns :)

There are several resolutions the AI is extremely predictable. In the one regarding luxuries, i can count on my hands the amount of times they voted to give MORE amenities out of the probably hundreds of times it has come up.

The ai votes for MORE amenities? They always ban the luxury in my games. Unanimously!

Always a luxury I have improved copies of, of course. Even though I sold them copies myself.

Burn the World Congress.

I hunted down a mod that alters the World Congress, including no luxury bans. I just got sick of the AI ganging together to ban whatever luxury I have the most of.

Top Bottom