Things in your Civ 5 games that make you laugh

AcetyleneLamp

Chieftain
What are some examples of the wacky alt-history scenarios in your Civ 5 games that make you laugh?

In my current game, I'm playing as Egypt and my national epic is Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence. :D

When I fill my museums with barbarian and city states beads and somehow that generates as much tourism as the Sistine Chapel with great works of art.

For me, its an old topic, but i still laugh everytime Ghandi nukes someone more than once. Also, when someone like Songhai or Iroquios win a science victory.

I guess some jokes were usually funny... i guess its funny when you get a nau with María and Portugal and you take away enemy cargo ships by asking them to give you all your valuables and abandon your ship now.

There was also the game where I played as Carthage and dropped a surprise A-bomb on Moscow that was made with uranium Catherine the Great gave me in a deal, which she later did again after we made peace and became friendly again surprisingly quickly. Not too smart there Cathy... :p

I haven't done it yet, but I imagine conquering America while playing as one of the American Indian civs (or one of the Mesoamerican civs conquering Spain) would be rather piquant.

On a semi-related note, I have fun imagining the Civ version of George Washington making this the national anthem:

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Youtube video wrapped in Spoilers.

A recent example:

AI declares war on me and takes a worker from a CS ally. As I proceed to then invade and counter attack, I take the worker with a knight (free him for the 45 influence) and then promptly have him retaken. This happens, oh five times? And really, it wasn't even planned on my part. 225 Influence later... I'm not losing that cultural city state.

I take a Celtic city, and then her capital. Everyone dislikes my warmongering and denounces me.
The Zulus take advantage of the weakened Celts and eliminate them from the game.
Everyone denounces Shaka for warmongering.
I declare war on Shaka to liberate the Celts and let them have one city.
She asks me for friendship. And I become friends with half the world again.

Ahh how I love the AI logic at times ^.^

A while back, a small 6 unit French force bounced off my border, followed by a settler; Napy founded Troyes, and DW'd me. 3 turns later, the Swedes fell upon the French, before I could muster a reaction group, the Swedes killed Napy's Capital, Troyes . So much for the strutting frog .

It can't be too hard to make those imaginary national anthems their leader music!

Once, while fighting Pocatello as Washington, i got a great work that was native americans fighting the whites on horses

While I was playing as Huns (or Mongols) I've got a notification which says; "Vatican wants Tengriism" :D

I was playing Iroquois against America once. I got General Patton and he got Geronimo. Led to a hilarious (and strategic) showdown.

I know it's such toilet humor, but every time I open Gaja Mada (Indonesia) diplo screen, he hits me with, "faaaagck you". I chuckle every time. So sad.

Went to an early war with a civ and three times it tried to march settlers through my city.

I'm about to settle with a settler and then the ai declares war and tries to steal my settler with a scout. I end up chasing the AI scout and finally get to recover my scout. The funny part was when the scout failed to run away and got killed by some local barbarians.

Not a joke per se but always fun to see everyone on the map scared off their horses when they see nukes getting stacked in my cities. Even the guys who denounced me offer DoFs the very next turn

Top Bottom