Things to change in Espionage

uat2d

ಠ_ಠ
the new espionage system is great but:

1) where in hell is Steal Plans mission !?!
Since Civ3 (from what i know, i don't have Civ2) it existed, but now they remove it !!! It's hell !!!

2) it is great to be able to see enemy cities without any of your units on top of it, with only EP, but when a spy is in top of a city, why can't i investigate it ?!?
Spies should be able to infiltrate an city and we win +EP against that civ or visibility to that city for an amount of turns

Let's hope they change it in the next patch, but i really doubt it...

2. I believe the presence of a stationary spy may decrease the cost of the passive missions in that city (just like having your religion, or close distance to that city does)

The main thing that needs to be changed is that if you send your spy to a city in the middle of enemy territory, it shouldn't stop every round that it comes next to an enemy unit so that you need to click on it again to send it to the city. That's a good thing to happen for regular units, but not a good thing for spies, who can't be seen by and can't interact with those units, so what does it matter if they're next to them?

the new espionage system is great but:

1) where in hell is Steal Plans mission !?!
Since Civ3 (from what i know, i don't have Civ2) it existed, but now they remove it !!! It's hell !!!

2) it is great to be able to see enemy cities without any of your units on top of it, with only EP, but when a spy is in top of a city, why can't i investigate it ?!?
Spies should be able to infiltrate an city and we win +EP against that civ or visibility to that city for an amount of turns

Let's hope they change it in the next patch, but i really doubt it...
Both of these are passive missions.

another thing really annoying is "upon the completion of the mission, your spy as returned to your capital", couldn't it stay in the same place ? it would be better; one turn poison water suplies, next turn foment unhappiness, but that's now impossible... due to their changements!!

i don't now about you, but at least in mine Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Beyond the Sword, in the last patch, that doesn't exist; mine passive effects are: view graphs, see research, city visibility and investigate city; no steal plans

another thing really annoying is "upon the completion of the mission, your spy as returned to your capital", couldn't it stay in the same place ? it would be better; one turn poison water suplies, next turn foment unhappiness, but that's now impossible... due to their changements!!

If they stayed, you could destroy the city in a number of turns. Destroying buildings every turn would be really overpowered. Imagine if every turn your capital lost a building. Plus, they flee the country so they cannot be found or suspected. "But I was here in the capital when the palace was bombed..."

If they stayed, you could destroy the city in a number of turns. Destroying buildings every turn would be really overpowered. Imagine if every turn your capital lost a building. Plus, they flee the country so they cannot be found or suspected. "But I was here in the capital when the palace was bombed..."
why don't return to capital after 2 or 3 missions ? Besides, espionage missions cost $, so someone couldn't do them all the time, as they get weaker with less EP
of course that would be a little overpowered, so it might just stay as it is now

I would like to see steal technologies missions to be a little more difficult, maybe pricier and with less chance of success is the key here.

i don't now about you, but at least in mine Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Beyond the Sword, in the last patch, that doesn't exist; mine passive effects are: view graphs, see research, city visibility and investigate city; no steal plans

Yeah, I miss Steal plans too. City visibility is not at all the same thing - it only shows cities, and what is around those cities. For example, now it is impossible to see all enemy units, or see where their fleet is.

Yeah, I miss Steal plans too. City visibility is not at all the same thing - it only shows cities, and what is around those cities. For example, now it is impossible to see all enemy units, or see where their fleet is.

I think once you have enough EP against one, you will be able to see the enemy city, all the units stationed within, as well as the cutlure / hammer / gold and building it is producing.
In my current game i had all AI cities on my continent "visible". This helped me a lot to plan a massive invasion... :crazyeye:

I think spy units just add a level of micromanagement that is just tedious IMO

Why can't espionage missions just be done like they were in Civ III - I mean, still have the espionage points system, but make it so that you just choose the city and mission you want to perform with a few clicks of the button (via an espionages screen).

I think once you have enough EP against one, you will be able to see the enemy city, all the units stationed within, as well as the cutlure / hammer / gold and building it is producing.
In my current game i had all AI cities on my continent "visible". This helped me a lot to plan a massive invasion... :crazyeye:

but that's not what i want.
what i want is to see the exact location of every enemy unit

Why can't espionage missions just be done like they were in Civ III - I mean, still have the espionage points system, but make it so that you just choose the city and mission you want to perform with a few clicks of the button (via an espionages screen).
that's an great idea, but if they change that, they would also have to add the "automated spies" action...

Another vote for being able to turn it off - there are lots of nice changes in BTS that enhance the regular game over vanilla or warlords.

Whilst espionage is a whole new system, that is interesting to a point, should be optional - even when they fix the bugs. I'd quite like to play the enhanced game, but without this new system.

...make the espionage system optional.

:crazyeye:
amen, brother.

the new espionage system is ruining BtS for me since spies cannot see spies and hence there is no way to defend against them. I had a spy parked in each of my cities and the enemy spy was still successful.

...make the espionage system optional.
I agree, I totally hate the BTS espionage system. I try to ignore it as much as possible, unfortunatly it's rather difficult when your watter supply get poisoned, or your fairly new city spend tons of hammer chopping for a building that gets destroyed 2 turns later.

Top Bottom