Things to remember

War_Pig

Warlord
Looking to make a list of little tid' bits of info you find yourself having to remind yourself to do / not to do / or to keep in mind as you are playing because you often overlook them.

The one I always have to remind myself is the UB's and UU's of the civ's i am playing against. It has saved me a headache or two once i learned to keep these in mind.

Any others?

Now that research overflow is taken care of, the biggest thing that I need to constantly keep a reminder of is open borders agreements and strategic / luxury resource selling.

The next is AI attitudes. It helps to know them when worker stealing, as some AIs forgive very very easily, and others keep a grudge. Same with knowing who's going to backstab me, etc. I find I'm more in control of what happens around me diplomatically now that I keep those in order. Thanks, Bibor!

Always remember you need Trapping to get Civil Service !!

The last 3 out of 5 times I've played, I've built the Great Library, planning on grabbing Civil Service with it, and to my horror/disgust realized that I forgot to research trapping :mad:

Course, it's burned into my brain now ... I'll never forget :lol:

85% of my memory "problems" were swiftly solved by having the Info_Addict MOD running and ready to consult as often as needed.

What remains is fairly simple;
1) WHERE have my damn auto-exploring Units gone to and where are they idling now once the whole map has been revealed?!? I know... click on their Info-Corner Button, double-click in the list to move *TO* them. Plouck, Civilians intercepted on their way to another area, etc. Notified of a loss. Yeah, right.
2) COAL, OIL, ALUMINUM, URANIUM tiles now available. But, where exactly are those precious extras which aren't within my territory?!? So i can get there first, if possible.
3) Exact Tech progress of all opponents... i can see my tree. I want to compare with obvious combo tags on a summary popup. I might have to try modding this feature by using a sort_of custom Mini-Tree later.

- Put a city on Production focus when doing something important (like a wonder).. and then the hard part, change it BACK when you're back to building less important stuff.

- (Between saves/days) What exactly did I want that worker doing? (I've given up on automated workers... they're not nearly as useful as Civ 4 ones.)

I've given up on automated workers... they're not nearly as useful as Civ 4 ones.

I didn't really think Civ 4 ones were very useful either. They kept tearing up the improvements that I wanted and replacing them with silly things.

Anyway, I would say remember to check your borders before ending each turn once you have a reasonably large territory. This helps make sure your defenders are in the best position in case of a sneak attack.

Remember to turn off auto-end turn and auto-zoom to units in multiplayer *or* die.

Auto zoom is not bad if you manage to choose the unit you will use first before the next turn begins. Good for insta heal (check if he will gain a level). Then i multi click on other units(they are usually close togheter) very fast to take advantage of terrain or do a fast attack.

I don't have to switch manually and i find this faster.

Sometimes I forget to check how much gold the AI's have and end up losing Research Agreement deals. In my current game half the AI's are a bit broke and their surplus gold is minimal so I forget to contact them when they get 250/300 gold.

To change back tiles worked by a city that I'm starving in order to build something faster... resulting in size 6 to size 1 city sometimes.

Here's one.. make sure your port city has shallow water access before building a Tireme.

I put out a Tireme, told it to go explore.. only, it told me there was nothing I could explore. Turns out I didn't have a shallow water route around the ice patch near the port. :(

remembering that a city with 0food stored + production focus + locked tiles will starve itself if a barbarian blocks one of its food tiles

this is most important when depending on a Fish tile for food, then a barbarian galley comes along

remembering that a city with 0food stored + production focus + locked tiles will starve itself if a barbarian blocks one of its food tiles

this is most important when depending on a Fish tile for food, then a barbarian galley comes along

Yeah and sometimes you cant see the galley. When you kill the barb, don't press enter yet. Click on city name before (it will reset).

Top Bottom