Tiberian Dawn: A Command and Conquer IOT

1. That's how it was in the game. Nod wasn't known for its amazing airpower in the first war.

2. The most power hungry buildings shut down first. A building that absorbs 200 power (superweapon) shuts down before one that absorbs only 10.

3. I'm tracking experience as well. When a unit levels up from battle, it'll be mentioned in thread as well.

Then why does GDI have air defense?

Cool.

But what's your system? I was planning on keeping track of units per province with a single, simple number, but then I remembered that exp exists.

Then why does GDI have air defense?

Cool.

But what's your system? I was planning on keeping track of units per province with a single, simple number, but then I remembered that exp exists.

Because Nod does have F-23s and Apaches.

The system for what exactly? How a unit gains experience is explained in the rules.

Keeping track of it.

Unit format example for province.

1st Conscripted New England Minigunner (20/20)

The "1st" is used to track the number of similar units more than anything. Conscripted is the recruit level and levels up to Regular, Veteran, and Elite. The province name is also there for tracking reasons. Minigunner is the unit. (20/20) is the number of living units in the unit.

*waits for Sone to realize how many units we'll be throwing around mid-game*

*waits for Sone to realize how many units we'll be throwing around mid-game*

The number won't matter. If the numbers become overwhelming, I can simplify it on my end without the players noticing a gigantic change on theirs.

"World Network News Monthly Report at Eleven"

Vice President Jonathan Hayes took the oath of office this week following the tragic death of President Baker resulting from complications arising during open heart surgery. The President takes the Oval Office in the midst of a global war as the United States stands firm with the Global Defense Initiative against the Brotherhood of Nod. The United States military has reestablished order in Virginia, Kentucky, and Missouri.

Another power is forming in North America, also allied with GDI. The California Republic, headed by President Miguel de Ussel formed earlier this year to combat warlords that the United States government could not contain. The California Republic has since reestablished order in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona. A Weapons Factory built in San Francisco is helping to decrease unemployment along with the building of a barrack in Los Angeles.

Hawaii, being far out of range of both the California Republic and United States, fended for itself until the GDI Seventh Fleet under Rear Admiral Kaimana Lae'ula restored order and law in the Hawaiian archipelago. The Seventh Fleet has also secured Malaya.

Across the Atlantic, the Swiss Free Zone has restored order in the Lombardy Yellow Zone.

Across the world, President Sri Balbhadra Singh of the Federal Republic of India has announced that Hyderabad is now secured and orderly.

In Korea, the Korean Resistance Force led by Kim Christos is building an entrenched position in the middle of the peninsula.

In other news, the Leiurus Blade is increasing its military potential in Egypt by building a "Hand of Nod", a quasi-religious site where the local populace is recruited. Already, three platoons of infantry have been recruited. An airfield is also on the monitor for being central to Nod flying in war vehicles, such as the latest four light tanks. The Brotherhood of Nod also helped build a nuclear power plant in Upper Egypt to provide power to the increasing infrastructure.

The Nile River is said to be guarded by anti-armor/anti-shipping turrets. This regulation of trade is increasing the Blade's power in Egypt and Sudan as well. This worrying development has not gone unnoticed by the Global Defense Initiative.

"Attention, Followers of Kane!"

The Brotherhood of Nod is helping build transportation and power infrastructure in Egypt. Thanks to the Brotherhood of Nod, the first next-generation nuclear power plants are going online in th developing country, instead of a "first world" Imperialist GDI nation like the United States or India. Tiberium harvesting operations are increasing in Egypt and thousands of Egyptians are finding employment in the industry and related industries.

In North America, the United States has collapsed, leaving a three rump states that are all GDI puppets.

The Brotherhood grows stronger in Europe as the Knights Templar in Cyprus joins Kane's cause. The Imperial Swiss Zone is surrounded on all sides by the Brotherhood of Nod, from Sicily to Portugal to Germany.

Kane has many projects in the works. Stay tuned.

Spoiler Maps :

RULESET CHANGE: There are now 5 Light Tanks in a platoon. There are 3 Medium Tanks in a platoon. There are 10 Buggies in a Platoon. 10 Humvees in a Platoon.

Second. APCs no longer come with free minigunners. You can combine an infantry unit with an APC Platoon. for added firepower. There are four APCs in a platoon now.

Note: If you wish for a detailed account of all your units or buildings at any point during the game, PM me with ACCOUNT REQUEST as the subject line. I will get back with you ASAP but it is suggested you try not to rely on it to often.

Here are credit stats. Banked is how much you have to spend, income is how much you make each turn.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvV4Kmm-PsYUdEdUUFQ2MFQtUGZ4Q0szQnZQVldHdWc

Why no substantial talk about Sicily? Is it cuz I PM'd my orders?

ALL SECRETS ARE STATE SECRETS.

Anyway, actual thing time. It looks like harvesters don't work on the turn they're built, but can I use other units the turn they're built? Dufuq? And what about the harvester that come with a refinery? Do they have a special rule?

My creative side was running low.

Other units work the turn they're build. Harvesters don't (the income column shows how much you will make that turn, period). Harvesters that come refineries don't have a special rule, they're just added to the Harvester count.

The Leiurus Blade follows the one vision, one purpose of Nod. With 1400 credits we are ready to commence our recent plots:

Construction orders:

2 power plants for 600

Unit recruitment

1 Buggy Platoon for 300

1 Recon Bike Platoon for 500

All money spent.

We are set on defence purposes but will be considering plots. Order the F-22 again to commence guard of the base.

The Knights Templar($2,400)
Build 1xCommunications Center($1,500), 1xHand of Nod($300)
Buy 1xLight Tank Platoon($600)
Order an F-22 flyby as a show of force. Patrol the outskirts of Cyprus with our new vehicles.

For the glory of Kane, the Knights Templar have used their $2,400 credits to provide a presence in Cyprus.

Son, don't I have 6 total harvesters equaling $8,400 income? I started with one and built five last turn, right?

-Nukeknockout

@Nuke. You are correct. Will correct.

After some consultation, I realized that the morale system, on top of the experience system and unit strengths, is a tad too much on players to keep up with. So, I'm changing the system to turn it into a global morale for your forces. This means that attackers are now affected by morale.

Morale will be kept track of in the public stats from now on, so you don't have to worry too much.

Experience and Morale

Spoiler :
During combat, individual soldiers are either killed or disabled (which both count as casualties in the morale system). However, being disabled is better. When disabled, it means the individual will not participate in the rest of the battle, but can in future battles or if the line is pushed back. If the individual is killed, its killed and lost for good (until healed).

Units can also be damaged. Damaged lowers their effectiveness in combat for that battle, but like disability, heals for free.

In combat, when a platoon kills/destroys half of the opposing platoon, the opposing platoon is morale broken, causing the platoon to flee and the winning platoon to gain experience. A unit that is morale broken, when it fights again, will fight to the death.

Again, a unit performing a morale break gains experience. Two morale breaks promotes a Recruit to Regular. Four more morale breaks promotes the Regulars to Veterans. Eight more morale breaks promotes the unit from Veteran to Elite.

Promotions makes the unit fight better. Elite units can heal hurt in combat.
Morale

There is also a global morale system. Everyone starts at 100 Morale Points, which is "Steady". Morale levels beneath Steady result in penalties while going higher than steady results in bonuses. If a player's army is "Heroic", it can be commanded to not to withdraw from combat if morale broken.

When an army is Broken, units will surrender when morale is broken. Half the cost of the unit will go to enemy. Veteran and Elite units will not surrender at broken.

When an army is Shattered, units will change sides when morale broken. Veteran and Elite units will surrender if morale broken.

Spoiler Morale Related Numbers :
Each Recruit at the end of the updating process increases score +1
Each Regular +2
Each Veteran +3
Each Elite +4

Morale Breaking a Recruit increases +1
Regular +2
Veteran +3
Elite +4

Having a Recruit morale broken decreases morale -2
Regular -4
Veteran -6
Elite -8

0-9: Shattered
10-29: Broken
30-59: Wavering
60-99: Shaken
100-149: Steady
150-209: Confident
210-279: Eager
280-359: Impetuous
360+: Heroic

You should totally make a propaganda radio building to screw with morale.

Wasn't the side with less players supposed to get random funding from hammerspace this turn?

You should totally make a propaganda radio building to screw with morale.

Wasn't the side with less players supposed to get random funding from hammerspace this turn?

I was going to, but then it became bleedingly apparent that you guys are alarmingly competent with your finances. I'll inject some fund this turn if the sides remain uneven.

Will keep propaganda building on mind.

True, but I don't really like the odds of 7 v 4 (because Portugal will probably get WoG'd or something), even if 3 of us are filthy stinkin rich and two of the guys on the other team don't know what an economy is.

Lol. Shows how much I know. Bank everything.

Top Bottom