Tips for using Great People?

If you are PHI, try a game settling your Great Prophets and build Angkor Wat.

This game I had 7 cramped cities and settled all my Great Scientists after the first academy. Heres the capital. I am currently playing a game where I peacefully settled 20 cities and my beakers per turn were the same at ~1500 AD between the 2 games! The hammers also add up.
Spoiler :

However, stacking all of your GS in the Oxford city will provide greater yields early on.

If you are not in representation, then the timeframe between Oxford and other cities reaching levels where an academy will outperfom a settled GS can be quite short. If there is a time at all.

Land improvements don't reach their peak :commerce: yields until late Industrial Era techs are discovered.

But you really don't need to reach the peak, you only need to reach the threshold where academies outperforms settling :)

Anyway, both settling and academies are long-term investments.

It's certainly doable for a few cities, but for a large number it I envision it would the GS would be building Academies in places yielding suboptimal :science: returns.

If you use the simple equation, you will not build academies yielding suboptimal :science: returns ;) No-one is speaking of academies everywhere.

Top Bottom