Too long turn waits

ossmobilus

Chieftain
So, I've bought me some tech in order to play bigger maps than I currently can with my laptop, but my new setup perform really bad with the game. It's smells like driver issues, but it can't be it, because it plays the Witcher 2 on ultra settings without a sweat.

This is what I got:

Windows 7 64-bit
core i7 2600K
Asus Sabertooth P67
Asus GeForce gtx 570
4GB 1600MHz DDR3
820W PSU

I've thurrowly checked, and all drivers are up to date, and components should be compatible...

At turn 29 on standard map, marathon speed I counted 25 seconds to change one turn, while my older laptop is at least three times as fast that early in the game. Any suggestions?

On a second note... The turn shifts on my laptop take much longer time than usual now too. Has something change? Have there been another patch?

Even though load times are much slower for new games on my laptop now too, I discovered that when I loaded an old save from before the problem started, the load time was normal. For referance I maxed out all graphic settings and I counted the turn shift to be only nine seconds. This was turn 179 and I had five cities and a war going on. Lots of AI all over.

My laptop's got

core 2 duo P8700 2.53GHz
mobility radeon HD 4650
4GB RAM
and the same operative system as my new desktop

There's no way this computer should be faster than my desktop, and I don't understand why new games runs slow on both...

fps on the laptop was between 30 and 45... while on the desktop it's max 60, while having 1920x1080 resolution and maxed out graphic on both...

Well, maybe some virus or background program is eating all your CPU usage, slowing everything down.

BTW: 25 seconds? When I played RoM I usually waited 3 mins and I didn't complained.

Well, maybe some virus or background program is eating all your CPU usage, slowing everything down.

BTW: 25 seconds? When I played RoM I usually waited 3 mins and I didn't complained.

3 minutes at the beginning of the game? Then you must be insane... You wait three minutes just to have your warrior move for a plit second and then repeat that for who knows how many turns?!? How goes your late game playing then? 1 hour between each turn and still no complaining?

It's all relative I guess... My laptop used to change turns faster, now it's slower. It annoys me. My new pc should beat the crap out of this game. There should perhaps be more ram, but 4GB should be more than enough to handle the smaller maps... There's no natural reason for this much delay so early in the game since there's so little happening...
You don't think it's odd that an old save I've got behaves completely different? It still got the speed I'm used too. It shouldn't be possible for what little I know... One of my reasons for getting a new computer was to get even quicker turns, and possibly play on bigger maps, but I lack your patience I'm afraid ;P

I doubt it's a virus, it plays The Witcher 2 effortlessly with ultra graphic, so if there's a background program causing this it must be steam... o.O

Woopsy... Was quite sure I'd tried the vanilla version already, but I must have dreamt it... Tried it once more and it worked as normal. It was info addict v.13, an old mod I've had for ages and therefor trusted, but must have updated it recently without remembering it... v.14 have fixed the issue... Sorry:)

Haven't tried playing on my desktop yet, because I'm at work... Yes that's right... I play CiV at work. Best job in the world! xD

3 minutes at the beginning of the game? Then you must be insane... You wait three minutes just to have your warrior move for a plit second and then repeat that for who knows how many turns?!? How goes your late game playing then? 1 hour between each turn and still no complaining?
:lol:, nope. That's late game, early game is fine 5 seconds or so, until middle (Medieval an renaissance) and startind modern the turns usually start elevating to 60 seconds or so and keeps going on. I usually entered world mode and did a "clean" to soften up turns if it was too much. But RoM was worth it.

Woopsy... Was quite sure I'd tried the vanilla version already, but I must have dreamt it... Tried it once more and it worked as normal. It was info addict v.13, an old mod I've had for ages and therefor trusted, but must have updated it recently without remembering it... v.14 have fixed the issue... Sorry:)

As a side note; try to use compatible mods, if you perhaps are using more than one you might run into trouble.

Haven't tried playing on my desktop yet, because I'm at work... Yes that's right... I play CiV at work. Best job in the world! xD

Just make sure to not watch NSFW things.:goodjob:

:lol:, nope. That's late game, early game is fine 5 seconds or so, until middle (Medieval an renaissance) and startind modern the turns usually start elevating to 60 seconds or so and keeps going on. I usually entered world mode and did a "clean" to soften up turns if it was too much. But RoM was worth it.

World mode? What is that? Sounds useful...

Just make sure to not watch NSFW things.:goodjob:

I most definatily will:scan: But don't worry, I'l keep a loose eye on the reactor:nuke::nuke::nuke:. Wouldn't wan't a black out, my battery wouldn't last it thru the night:crazyeye:

No, I have noticed the same, the game turns have been slower enough to notice. What did Firaxis do?

LOL what do you do for a living?

No, I have noticed the same, the game turns have been slower enough to notice. What did Firaxis do?

Well you shouldn't worry if the turn speed is according the era and if you're on late game (Ie modern or future), since these turns last more, also with more civs. In a Big map with 10 civs and 23 CS in late game I get 30 seconds or so, and again, I don't worry...

But if you have to wait for more than a minute then something is going on, maybe some corrupt mod or old that is doing crazy things.

i play battlefield 3 with full graphics at my
windows 7
i5
4gb ram
64 bit
and ati radeon premium graphics(i dont remember the name but it is very powerfull,i havent competed a year with it)
the only disadvantage is that it is a laptop

so i can play battlefield 3 without a single lag and when i go to civ 5 i got 20sec for 7civ small map!!!!!

It is a turn based game that is coded for 1st person action, and the hardware is generations behind?

Actually the graphics is cutting edge, but the game is a resource hog.

Whoever coded this game should be hung by his own code :)

My system:
I2 quad 2.4GHz
8GB RAM
Win7 64bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

Playing Civ5 on:
standard map. All settings on either low or min except textures on high. Resolution 1920x1080.

Around turn 120 wait between turns is about 45 seconds!!! Im on my wits end, tried everything but nothing helped... Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    38.1 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom