Game is running too slow and display is small on new laptop

Timelady

Chieftain
Hi everyone.
So I got a new laptop a few days ago, amazing specs and I'm having a lot of trouble running civ 5 on it.

When I get to the main screen, the menu is too small and there are black borders around the display.I've attached an image of what I'm seeing:

Now I played around with the video options in game and set it to the highest option. The menu still looks ike this but when I get in game, it fills the screen. The panels, images and writing however are very small. Also, the performance is very slow. When I move my units there's a lag and after moving all of them the button is the right hand corner to that tells you to move your players doesn't change to "Next turn" so I can't get past the first turn.

My laptop specs:
16GB RAM
256 GB SSD
5th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-5500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.00 GHz)
Windows 8.1 (64Bit)
15.6-inch 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED-Backlit Touch Display with Wide Viewing Angle (IPS)
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
AMD Radeon R7 M270 4GB DDR3

I know the 4K resolution is probably too high and not something civ 5 was ever designed to handle but is there any way to get my system to run this game successfully? The specs are pretty good so running civ5 just shouldn't be an issue.

Top Bottom