Too many Civ5 forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
There's too many Civ5 forums. Please delete the following to return sanity:

Civ - Ideas & suggestions: pointless now the game is finished. This should be in a Civ6 sub category.
Civ5 - Strategy & tips: pointless, people should play the game their own way not someone else's way.
Civ5 - Creation & Customisation: with mods being in-game this forum is redundant.
Civ5 - Multiplayer: any real MP players go to http://www.civplayers.com.
Civ5 - Stories & tales: I don't care to read how badly other people play.
Civ5 - Game of the Month: why bother with this competition? It just ends up as three people fighting over the top each month with no one else getting a look in.
Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion: a whole forum dedicated to people's egos on how big their "score" is? Pointless waffle.

Please action this immediately. Thank you. :)

We are just reusing the existing layout, which has worked well for us. Being consistent is important. :)

The Ideas forum I have made it a sub-forum of Civ5 General, just like in the past it was a sub-forum of Civ4 General.

Other forums are also needed.

Civ5 - Creation & Customisation: with mods being in-game this forum is redundant.
Do you mean the files sub-forum or the main Creation forum? Main creation forum is certainly needed. There are much to discuss about modding. File forums we will see how they work out.

:p

Just confused the hell out of me being used to ducking into one forum then finding all the threads I was watching gone.

I'm having trouble doing this. I'm starting to work my way through the list, making the changes as you request, but had problems when I got to the bottom couple. I couldn't find where to delete "weplayciv". However, I've e-mailed solver & locutus, and hopefully that will be sorted soon.

You're welcome. :hatsoff:

There's too many Civ5 forums. Please delete the following to return sanity:

Civ - Ideas & suggestions: pointless now the game is finished. This should be in a Civ6 sub category.
Civ5 - Strategy & tips: pointless, people should play the game their own way not someone else's way.
Civ5 - Multiplayer: any real MP players go to http://www.civplayers.com.
Civ5 - Stories & tales: I don't care to read how badly other people play.
Civ5 - Game of the Month: why bother with this competition? It just ends up as three people fighting over the top each month with no one else getting a look in.
Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion: a whole forum dedicated to people's egos on how big their "score" is? Pointless waffle.

Please action this immediately. Thank you. :)
Are you just mad that the Civ5 section has more sub-forums than WePlayCiv has active members?

Moderator Action: Infraction given. Pls do not make fun of other Civ sites. Thank you. - KD
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Such a big release should have as many, and relevant, discussion forums as possible. In my opinion.

If you don't care about, stories, people mods, new ideas, council, etc… well good for you!
Every one has his own interests.
make a poll, and look how many support you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom