Too much Income

Sylvana

Chieftain
Hi,

I tried some games now and every time in ancient era every civ (AI&I) has 200-800 income per round - playing C2C v41, on gigantic map size with eternity speed and flexible difficulty.

Has anyone a Solution for this?

Thanks in advance,

Sylvana

I tried some games now and every time in ancient era every civ (AI&I) has 200-800 income per round - playing C2C v41, on gigantic map size with eternity speed and flexible difficulty.
Gold income balancing isn't quite up to spec at the moment, though do note that once you can actually spend it, inflation will kick you pretty hard back down to somewhat more reasonable levels - it's not quite as infinite as it was in v40.

Additionally, the starting difficulty has a much greater impact I've found than flexible difficulty; on deity for instance, the AI start with two settlers, which allows them to carry that advantage much much further (in case you're worried that the excess gold makes it too easy for you).

Thanks for your reply!

Ususally Civ4 is difficult enough for me - monarch was the maximum difficulty I ever played.

In the end, the problem with the income, is not only the income itself. Problem is: the AI-Civs doesn't spend their gold even though there are good reasons to do so.

My Military is 100% - 200% bigger than theirs. I could easyly overrun them. But they do not spend their income . No, they prefer to hoard it for me to take it, instead to invest in an army.
I tried to help them via Worldbuilder, I gave them some units - and what happened? They disbanded them!!!

That is my problem... Its boring to be gracious with them...

I am not sure, if a second settler at start for the ai will solve this problem. Perhaps I have to mod the costs until inlation begins. But I will give it a try...

...or does anybody know what I can do to "help" the AI to build up their military?

Thanks for your reply!

Ususally Civ4 is difficult enough for me - monarch was the maximum difficulty I ever played.

In the end, the problem with the income, is not only the income itself. Problem is: the AI-Civs doesn't spend their gold even though there are good reasons to do so.

My Military is 100% - 200% bigger than theirs. I could easyly overrun them. But they do not spend their income . No, they prefer to hoard it for me to take it, instead to invest in an army.
I tried to help them via Worldbuilder, I gave them some units - and what happened? They disbanded them!!!

That is my problem... Its boring to be gracious with them...

I am not sure, if a second settler at start for the ai will solve this problem. Perhaps I have to mod the costs until inlation begins. But I will give it a try...

...or does anybody know what I can do to "help" the AI to build up their military?

In GlobalDefines.xml find line 1803. It will look like this:
Code:
    <Define>
        <DefineName>SAFE_GOLD_PERCENT</DefineName>
        <iDefineIntVal>50</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>

Reduce the 50 to 40 or 35.

The AI will tighten it's hold on it's Gold usage as this value gets higher. It was set to 40 before the v41 release. I suggest 35.

Hi, nice seeing new players playing mod:) I also saw large numbers of gold in my games, however I felt like it was balanced by possibilities of spending it early in game, I think beginning in classical era, in later eras buildings are expensive and hurrying production in many cities may costs a lot per turn, in galactic era single building may cost millions:) I was seeing similar tendency in my games at the beginning, but in later eras AI was improving compared to first, what was era of your and AI civilizations? in my games, they started performing better when my civ was entering atomic era and other civs classical

Hi, nice seeing new players playing mod:) I also saw large numbers of gold in my games, however I felt like it was balanced by possibilities of spending it early in game, I think beginning in classical era, in later eras buildings are expensive and hurrying production in many cities may costs a lot per turn, in galactic era single building may cost millions:) I was seeing similar tendency in my games at the beginning, but in later eras AI was improving compared to first, what was era of your and AI civilizations? in my games, they started performing better when my civ was entering atomic era and other civs classical
Just got Archery, but upgrading Slingers is just not worth it (it never will be unless gold really bloats later on). 250:gold: for a unit I can build in 2 turns. I notice the nearest AI city still has Brutes despite having upgrade options.

Last game I had cloth, and tapestries were where my gold problems went away. This game I have no cloth. So I'm 1500 years late reaching Classical, and research is still 50-60% due to balancing gold. I'm on Nightmare (for the first time) after starting on Monarch as usual. So I'm two eras behind, but I'm leading all my neighbours in score, and all but one in power.

I think gold is too tight in Ancient, but only in Ancient. Prehistoric is fine, and they're all I know right now.

Top Bottom