top stat bar disappeared

apollyon

Chieftain
I'm an idiot. Somehow the top stat bar is gone, from both the mod and vanilla games. I'm sure some key I hit. How do I get it back? Thanks.

Welcome to the forums Huh? You're here from WTC-2001 and just decided to post here and now? Wow, first time I see that, really.

So... have you tried checking the integrity of the files? Did you clean the cache?

That's funny, but yeah I guess it's been 10 years and first post.

I just deleted the cache but no luck.

I assumed it was an unlisted hotkey I hit by accident, but if not I guess it's time to reinstall.

You're probably right on the corruption, since it happened right after I started a new game that was DOA. I set it to start in the future era with a lot of different options, and the game had an exclaimation mark (!) in the now-missing stat bar. I've never seen that before, and hovering didn't tell me what it was. I also couldn't select any building to build and couldn't end the turn. So I quit and this happened.

Any idea what the ! was?

Anyways, thanks.

Well without a pic I cannot say more but speculate; It might be that the game failed to load on that bar, (since it got corrupted or something of the like), maybe in that moment it was deleted. It can happen, for instance the other day I was playing Farcry2 and suddenly the next day all the saves were deleted and the config too. Things like that are rare but can happen due to strange circunstances. Maybe your RAM got jammed that moment and caused that, I dunno.
Just tell me how it goes after you reinstall it.

just got the (!) on my new game, turns out its just a warning i have too many units for my empire and got hit with 70% production decline

Top Bottom