Total Realism 2.4 (final Warlords version)

At least for our first BtS version, we won't be treating them as proper civs. They'll be minors on a world map; then, we'll add some of them, one by one. Adding a civ to TR properly requires lots of work.

I can tell with the amount of thought and care that has gone into the mod that it would probably be abit of work to integrate those civilizations.

One last question, will the BtS civilizations all be added as they are or do you and your team plan on changing them to suit the mod better.

Definitely not all. Some of them just make no sense; for instance, Byzantine Empire is represented by medieval Greece and doesn't require a separate civilization slot.

There is that one, the more obvious ones to me are the Native Americans(they should have just named the civ "Sioux", and the totem pole just makes it very stereotype), and Holy Rome.

The other civs strike me as a fantastic additions however.

first off i have to say that you guys did an excellent job and i cannot go back to playing regular warlords! this mod kicks butt.

but i was also experienceing MAFs while running 2.4. i run a 32 bit windows xp home edition with 1G of ram.

does 2.4.2 fix this?? really hoping i dont have to do the boot ini thing, dont wanna mess up my PC

first off i have to say that you guys did an excellent job and i cannot go back to playing regular warlords! this mod kicks butt.

but i was also experienceing MAFs while running 2.4. i run a 32 bit windows xp home edition with 1G of ram.

does 2.4.2 fix this?? really hoping i dont have to do the boot ini thing, dont wanna mess up my PC

Neither 2.4 nor any other mod can fix this. This is the fault of game's engine, and 32-bit architecture as a whole. We can't magically turn your 32-bit OS into 64-bit by changing some lines of code in our mod.

There is that one, the more obvious ones to me are the Native Americans(they should have just named the civ "Sioux", and the totem pole just makes it very stereotype), and Holy Rome.

The other civs strike me as a fantastic additions however.

We will have many different separate Native American tribes in BtS version, but, at least initially, they'll stay as minors. Totem poles make more sense in the context of our mod, since we have pagan temples.

I downloaded the SVN files of the BTS version last weekend. Is there a way to set Tortise SVN client to download just new and/or updated files?

I downloaded the SVN files of the BTS version last weekend. Is there a way to set Tortise SVN client to download just new and/or updated files?

Yep! Right-click on the Realism folder and select SVN Update. That will check over all of your files and will only download what is necessary to update them.

Cheers!

-Josh

This is just great! It's unbelieveable! There is so much here it must have taken ten years to complete. I hope it comes out for BTS 3.19 and civ 5. I just found this, and I was amazed, great job Walter Hawkwood. I would love to know how you take cotton and make it into clothes. I don't know enough Python to add it to my mod 1861 AD. At some point, I would love to add that and many other things you have used in your mod. But for now, I am overhauling my units and adding UnitArtTypeInfos, so there is less data. I am hoping it will run more quickly.

Hello all,

To all those who already play to TR under Warlords, i strongly suggest to try our (unfinished) BtS version.

You will need to use our SVN version, but you will have the last to date playable BtS TR.
It can also greatly help us: testers are still needed ! ;)
Have a look on our development forum, it's the best to do.

Hian the Frog.

What Yann says is true, and I also very much invite everyone to participate (if you don't know what SVN even is, Josh has written a great step-by-step instruction you can also find on our forum), but I would also like to stress that TR for BtS is not a release-quality version yet, it is still a beta (although VERY playable). It will get more fixes and changes along the way, and if you use our SVN version, be prepared to update it regularly and we'd also like you to report bugs you encounter in it (but not here, this is a release thread, don't confuse folks who use release versions).

Do we still have to follow that old system of installing beyond the sword in our win7 64 bits (using compatibility mode and editing the exe file?

Do we still have to follow that old system of installing beyond the sword in our win7 64 bits (using compatibility mode and editing the exe file?

Don't think so. I believe BtS executable comes pre-patched from Firaxis itself. 64bit OS still highly recommended, but even on 32bits stability and longevity of the game will now be much greater.

Walter

I've installed and reinstalled BTS a number of times. It still says my machine is below the recommended settings, which is not true (core duo-quad, 4 meg of ram). Can you please give me a hand?

First of all: A really create job - lots of units, possibilities and ideas :)

BUT

On my laptop (2,0ghz dualcore, 2gb ram, vista) i got a lot of MAF problems and to change the turn takes up to 30-45s :cry:

And this on the world map... with only about 20 percent explored area... i dont want to imagine what will be if i would explore all the map and even more units are placed on the map :crazyeye:

So i had to stop playing this very interesting game and hope for smaller maps :rolleyes::rolleyes:

--> So my question is: Are there any realistic maps (despite the 2 world maps and random maps) available? I especially mean earth maps, europe... what so ever

:)

Top Bottom