Total Realism 2.4 (final Warlords version)

Hey Champions!!

I got vista 64, tweaked exe for larger than 2gb processes,, but now got my first MAF, save game around 1560kb, 1450AD.
1. anyway to avoid/reduce chance this happening again?
2. Where can I modify, so that I autosave every turn?

Thanks for TR, it is amazing. Civ 5 is not even tempting! :)

Faithchild

1) You should NOT be getting any MAFs at all. Either your OS is not 64-bit, or you didn't patch the .exe file. If both is true, no MAFs should ever happen... What are your system specs?

2) Either in options in-game or, if there is no such option, in .ini file (it is kept in My Documents/My Games/Warlords).

Thanks Walter!!
at leas now I can autosave every turn.

We'll yes i do have original true 64 bit vista, and good spechs. I am 95% sure did tweak the exe, to allow 2gb+ processes.(if this is what you meant by" patch the exe")
I do have "lock modified assets-On", so I am very uncertain if opening the exe again to check, could spoil my game..`?

I 'll let you know if it happens again!

Have you done any research towards if TR could be implementet to civ5 in future? would it require a total new project, or could much of the work already done, be used?

Anyway, let me know if I can be of any help! Played civ alot all the way thru civ1 untill now... :)

hang on in there! :)

No, we didn't look into Civ5 yet. I'm almost sure though that we will have to build from the ground up if we want to make TR for Civ5, hardly anything will be directly portable.

Hello, i played both scenarios that came with the download and at random intervals the game would shut down and say memory failed to allocate, whats up with that an answer would be appreciated asap.

Thank you,
Captain John Miller USAF

Hello, i played both scenarios that came with the download and at random intervals the game would shut down and say memory failed to allocate, whats up with that an answer would be appreciated asap.

Thank you,
Captain John Miller USAF

CTD with Memory Allocation Error are caused by game engine not handling memory properly. First of all, it seems this error only happens on 32bit Windows XP and Vista. If you switch to 64bit Vista or XP, it will go for good. Also there is a fix for 32bit XP, but it involves tampering with .exe, and hence we can't distribute it with our mod - so if you are more or less confindent with this kind of stuff, you can try it for yourself

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=225205 (fpr XP)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=224178 (for Vista)

If the fix is too much for you to apply, you can minimize the number of errors you get by playing on smaller maps and/or with lower graphics settings.

Mod is great til I get a MAF error. Help please! Also I get a million messages on the in-game chat saying 'BugOptions - Cannot access settings' or something like that. Can you help me get rid of that? Thanks. Other than that, no complaints, beautiful mod.

"A collision at sea can ruin your entire day." - Thucydides

I'm really enjoying this my only complaint is the inability to use maps. A large Europe map would be awesome.

On the MAF errors, I run vista 32. The command prompt fix to increase memory did not work for me. What did work was the utility linked in previous posts that I could edit the exe file to tell it to run over 2gb of mem.
The turns are slow, but with so many options I keep plugging away turn by turn. Thank you TR team, I can't wait to play your BTS version.

Imperitor, run the game as admin

Top Bottom